[0.24.2] Kerbal Universe 2 [V 2.5]

Poryy

What Would You Like The Next Addition To Be?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You Like The Next Addition To Be?

• Additions to existing systems (specify in reply)
    • New star with planets (specify in reply)
    • New gas giant orbiting Kerbol (Specify in reply)
    • More moons for current Kerbol planets (Specify in reply)
    • Science Messages and aesthetic changes

Looks promising, will give it a try.

Some advice to you, Poryy. Your opening post needs to be revamped.

Add a comprehensive list of planets/moons your mod is adding to the game, along with a picture for each. That would attract new people to test your mod.

It's all about packaging, your first post is very evasive.

I will tell you more after installing it and mocking around a little.

I'll be giving this a try shortly, currently looking for the parts that I like and seeing what is .24 compatible (some of them appear to be, but no notes from the modder), once I do that I'll be happy to explore :>

Question... has this been tested in both x86 and x64 setups? Upon starting with x64 I've had some heavy duty lag after installing these, took ~8 minutes to get to the VAB from the time I launched, with pretty heavy lag all through the machine, not just KSP. Never had it happen with another mod, so I figured I'd ask!

Question... has this been tested in both x86 and x64 setups? Upon starting with x64 I've had some heavy duty lag after installing these, took ~8 minutes to get to the VAB from the time I launched, with pretty heavy lag all through the machine, not just KSP. Never had it happen with another mod, so I figured I'd ask!

I have not tested it in x64. I will do this now. If a mod is lagging your computer and not just KSP, you are probably better off uninstalling the mod.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this that mod that was shown off on Reddit a while ago? With the red and the blue stars?

No.

(Tenchar)

This looks amazing, and I'm like "Yes this this THIS!!" for a KSPI save, but your dropbox is full of nope right now. It says your public folder is generating too much traffic and that it has been temporarily disabled. I have no idea how long that temporary is. D:

Also, I didn't find it in the first post, I might be blind, but a link to PF:CE as well as the mention of the dependency of such might be a good move in the first post. :D

So wait a second. Does this mod replace the planets in the Kerbol system or does it add new ones or even new star systems? If those are all new planets in a new star system and everything works well without replacing anything, than this must be the coolest mod I have seen in the last few months. I knoew about others, but they were just replacing existing planets with new ones. And is it compatible with science, so you can get science from them?

So wait a second. Does this mod replace the planets in the Kerbol system or does it add new ones or even new star systems? If those are all new planets in a new star system and everything works well without replacing anything, than this must be the coolest mod I have seen in the last few months. I knoew about others, but they were just replacing existing planets with new ones. And is it compatible with science, so you can get science from them?

It is compaitable with science. No custom messages though. Those will be done later. Nothing is replaced. All planets are new.

Sorry guys, I'm going to have to host it on Curseforge. I'll find a better host ASAP

How dare you have completely understandable and common problems? I'm going to judge you harshly. Grr. D:<

Thanks for the effort man!

Also, have you been able to fix the problem where sunlight will always come from Kerbol and not from any PlanetFactory based stars?

No, but the way the things are set up, Kerbol will be in pretty much the same direction as the star, so it appears as if the star is emitting light.

Thank you very much Poryy for mod!

I don't know why, but I can't vote on poll. But my choice is "New star with planets", because I like to use "Interstellar mod" :cool:.

KSP just can't start in x86 mode with Abaddon, Manai, Verion and Poltuara (from old vesion, what I took for test), but pretty good works in x64 (at least started :)) and take ~7.5 Gb of memory (from 32Gb :P ).

And I want to report problems with the textures of certain objects.

Pershimu just broken

http://imgur.com/a/H9oRc#0

Fierbinte and Ceti with word "default" on surface

http://imgur.com/a/H9oRc#1

H9oRc#2

http://imgur.com/a/H9oRc#2

How did you get PlanetFactory to work in 0.24? Kragathea has dropped of the face of the earth, the mod was last updated in 0.23! Also, it actually doesn't work for me in x64, the files all went in Gamedata but no new planets appeared.

How did you get PlanetFactory to work in 0.24? Kragathea has dropped of the face of the earth, the mod was last updated in 0.23! Also, it actually doesn't work for me in x64, the files all went in Gamedata but no new planets appeared.

For me PlanetFactory works fine but it has some weird interactions with contracts. For instance, with the Urania pack all I get is contracts that are supposed to happen on Hestia.

Another thing, with Abaddon, some planets have a big DEFAULT texture thing over them. Not every planet has this.

Edited by prullenbak