[0.24.2] Kerbal Universe 2 [V 2.5]

Poryy

What Would You Like The Next Addition To Be?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You Like The Next Addition To Be?

• Additions to existing systems (specify in reply)
    • New star with planets (specify in reply)
    • New gas giant orbiting Kerbol (Specify in reply)
    • More moons for current Kerbol planets (Specify in reply)
    • Science Messages and aesthetic changes

I am fixing these issues in 2.2. Fixes will be up tomorrow morning.

In 2.2 I straight up removed Bakaron as well. It was redundant and the terrain is too flat.

Terrain it "too flat"...

you should have renamed it to "rover drag strip" haha

the flatlands of minmus can only get you so fast!

EDIT: oh it was all ocean... okay that makes sense.

I still think it's a cool place to have... I've always wanted a floating base (a little far from home, but not unheard of)

Cool, I'll keep my eyes out for an update.

Edited by User Unrelated

Terrain it "too flat"...

you should have renamed it to "rover drag strip" haha

the flatlands of minmus can only get you so fast!

EDIT: oh it was all ocean... okay that makes sense.

I still think it's a cool place to have... I've always wanted a floating base (a little far from home, but not unheard of)

Cool, I'll keep my eyes out for an update.

The water was... Emmm.... Invisible. Right. Invisible. Totally not nonexistent and absolutely doesn't break the dev saves when I try to add water. Nice, clear, tropical water. So clear and fresh it's... invisible.

If you want a floating base, I believe Ceti, the first moon of Verion, is calling your name.

Also, geez. 2,000 downloads. I wonder what I should do for my 5,000 download milestone.

You know, I could actually add a new moon of Kerbin just for rover racing on Multiplayer. I could probably crank it out in 30 minutes or so.

Edited by Poryy

I think it would be cool if kerbol was not the center of mass for the system. Maybe you could make a black hole in the center, and have kerbol and other stars orbit it like in the starsystems mod. (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86999-0-24-StarSystems-v0-2)

Me? Code something? Never!

But seriously. As soon as StarSystems creates it's own planet creation system, I'm ditching PFCE. I have no idea how to do that sort of thing. I can give you a StarSystems alpha verion of this mod, however.

EDIT: It appears I put PlanetFactory incorrectly in the gamedata folder and let it overwrite the Kerbal Universe files. Will report back

I've read through this thread and seem to be missing something.

I've installed it in GameData, along with PlanetFactory.

? - which files do I need to delete from PlanetFactory?

? - How do I see these other star systems?

What am I missing?

Edited by MikeBenton
oops

this look so cool, but currently it eats memory for breakfast.. would it be possible to delay loading every planet before going near them? that would kick some asses

Nope. PlanetFactory does not allow that.

EDIT: It appears I put PlanetFactory incorrectly in the gamedata folder and let it overwrite the Kerbal Universe files. Will report back

I've read through this thread and seem to be missing something.

I've installed it in GameData, along with PlanetFactory.

? - which files do I need to delete from PlanetFactory?

Go to GameData/PlanetFactory/Plugindata/Planetfactory and delete everything.

? - How do I see these other star systems?

Enable them in the loading screen (make sure to uncheck 'Load Sentar Expansion'). Go to the tracking station and zoom out very far.

What am I missing?

My hands are typing words.

The name of this mod is a litle bit confusing, because it adds no other solar systems and entire galaxies. It feels like calling a grain of sand beach :D

It's not my intention to be mean, I just think the right "label" could prevent confusing :)

The name of this mod is a litle bit confusing, because it adds no other solar systems and entire galaxies. It feels like calling a grain of sand beach :D

It's not my intention to be mean, I just think the right "label" could prevent confusing :)

You do realize that a solar system is a star with planets orbiting it right? Which this mod adds multiple... As far as galaxies go, you should realize that this is still using a very restrictive dependency that makes that impossible at the moment. I'm sure once we are moved over to the new dependencies (Star Systems and Kopernicus) that we can stress test your computer much more (oh, and a more stable x64 KSP build).

All-in-all, making comments like that make you look ignorant. Thank you, have a nice day. (at the very least, it would be 3 grains of sand being called a beach... we like out tiny beach)

All-in-all, making comments like that make you look ignorant. Thank you, have a nice day. (at the very least, it would be 3 grains of sand being called a beach... we like out tiny beach)

Comments like that make you look rude. It isn't necessary.

Think of it this way, up until now the Kerbol system was the entire Kerbal universe. This mod adds a couple more systems to that universe. I'm sure as time goes by, that universe will grow even more, but not to the extent of matching anything like our real one. :-)

Think of it this way, up until now the Kerbol system was the entire Kerbal universe. This mod adds a couple more systems to that universe. I'm sure as time goes by, that universe will grow even more, but not to the extent of matching anything like our real one. :-)

I'm looking for ways to set something up to randomly generate planet size, orbits, other properties, and plug it into SpaceEngine to get textures for each planet. It'll probably never happen, but if I find someone who knows code and can make thay script this mod will randomly generate universes someday.

I'm looking for ways to set something up to randomly generate planet size, orbits, other properties, and plug it into SpaceEngine to get textures for each planet. It'll probably never happen, but if I find someone who knows code and can make thay script this mod will randomly generate universes someday.

Wow. That will be amazing. I'm sure it will happen, it's a worthwhile goal. I wish I had coding skills and could help.

Consider adding a donate option on the front page. It may not make things happen, but it does give us non-coders another way to show our appreciation for the time and energy you, and other modders, are putting into your addons. :-)

Edited by Kethevin

You do realize that a solar system is a star with planets orbiting it right? Which this mod adds multiple... As far as galaxies go, you should realize that this is still using a very restrictive dependency that makes that impossible at the moment. I'm sure once we are moved over to the new dependencies (Star Systems and Kopernicus) that we can stress test your computer much more (oh, and a more stable x64 KSP build).

Then I got something wrong. So, my fault, sorry. And at least I'm happy about beeing wrong there, because I would like to have more than one solar system. And yeah, I know what a solar system is and my intention was not to be mean. If I where ignorant I would write nothing and just ignore this thread. My opinon about the name means not I do not respect your work and effort, because I do ever on all mods.

I wish you good luck with this project and I hope you will find a way toget around the restrictions :)

You're right, that was rude and mean. I'm sorry acc, that was uncalled for.

I was actually thinking earlier about a way to do a star scatter (procedural stars). Right now I have next to no coding knowledge so someone might beat me to it (and are more than welcome to). But my thought on a way to do it, since Star Systems is using a black hole, you could procedurally generate stars the same way asteroids are (unless they aren't, maybe terrain scatter would be a place to look). Then add in a class somewhere that gives the star a low chance of also generating planets, which then have a low-moderate chance to generate moon(s). I would have to learn how the orbiting mechanics work for celestial bodies (since deorbiting larger ones isn't possible, I am assuming they are on rails) before I could really determine if that would even be feasible.

With the progress of Kopernicus, it seems like they will have documentation for all the variables their config is going to have. Should be easy enough at that point to create a script that randomly sets all the variables to generate a planet, though I have no idea how to get it to pull from SpaceEngine.

Also, since they are on rails, do we know how the game handles two non-concentric orbits that collide? I know the planets/stars themselves clip, but do we know how it affects satellites or game stability when objects are interacting with one SOI and being invaded by another?

Edited by Gawdin

Abaddon is broken in the latest version, because the files for Bakaron are missing. This means that updating from an older version works fine, but a fresh install breaks the mod. You should probably fix that.

So, I tried installing this mod, and i thought that I did everything right, but I can't find any new planets or stars anywhere. What do?

What are your system specs? Are you running on a potato? Are you running 64x or 86x?

What are your system specs? Are you running on a potato? Are you running 64x or 86x?

I'd consider my computer to be pretty beefy.

GTX 680

16 GB RAM

i5 6-core processor

64x windows 7 ultimate

you get the idea.

Edited by abrachoo

I'd consider my computer to be pretty beefy.

GTX 680

16 GB RAM

i5 6-core processor

64x windows 7 ultimate

you get the idea.

Planetfactory is a bit broken with 64x. I'll PM you my dev copy that I am sure works.