[0.24.2] Kerbal Universe 2 [V 2.5]

Poryy

What Would You Like The Next Addition To Be?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You Like The Next Addition To Be?

• Additions to existing systems (specify in reply)
    • New star with planets (specify in reply)
    • New gas giant orbiting Kerbol (Specify in reply)
    • More moons for current Kerbol planets (Specify in reply)
    • Science Messages and aesthetic changes

Voting is locked for me too. My vote is more planets and stars. I'm not sure on the specifics of Planet Factory limitations, but a planet with rings would be cool. The new system should be a rainbow system. :huh:

For me PlanetFactory works fine but it has some weird interactions with contracts. For instance, with the Urania pack all I get is contracts that are supposed to happen on Hestia.

Another thing, with Abaddon, some planets have a big DEFAULT texture thing over them. Not every planet has this.

This will be fixed as soon as I get to a computer. It should roll out at the same time as Sta... I've said too much.

I'm not really clear on the compatibility I guess. It is my understanding that PF:CE is required for this mod. So what do I do, just install PF:CE without any planet packs and then install KU2?

I'm not really clear on the compatibility I guess. It is my understanding that PF:CE is required for this mod. So what do I do, just install PF:CE without any planet packs and then install KU2?

Yes. Remember to delete all Sentar Expansion files located in GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory. Disable Sentar Expansion on launch, as well.

I believe I found the issue with the Default appearing on planets:

Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Manai/Pershina_normal.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Verion/Verion_normal.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Manai/Jamona_normal.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Manai/Manai_map.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Manai/Manai_normal.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Abaddon/Ceti_map.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Abaddon/Ceti_normal.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Abaddon/Cyssor_normal.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Abaddon/Fierbinte_map.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Abaddon/Fierbinte_normal.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Abaddon/Abaddon_map.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Abaddon/Abaddon_normal.png not found. Using defaultTexture

I am guessing this happens when it is missing both the map and normals since not all of the planets have the issue. I haven't gone to each of these to check though if that was the case (I was checking for a different issue with another mod and noticed this). Correct me if I'm wrong though cause I'm a total newbie.

I believe I found the issue with the Default appearing on planets:

Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Manai/Pershina_normal.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Verion/Verion_normal.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Manai/Jamona_normal.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Manai/Manai_map.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Manai/Manai_normal.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Abaddon/Ceti_map.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Abaddon/Ceti_normal.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Abaddon/Cyssor_normal.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Abaddon/Fierbinte_map.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Abaddon/Fierbinte_normal.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Abaddon/Abaddon_map.png not found. Using defaultTexture
Texture J:/SteamLibrary/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/Abaddon/Abaddon_normal.png not found. Using defaultTexture

I am guessing this happens when it is missing both the map and normals since not all of the planets have the issue. I haven't gone to each of these to check though if that was the case (I was checking for a different issue with another mod and noticed this). Correct me if I'm wrong though cause I'm a total newbie.

Congratulations! You found the bug! Now I can fix it. Thanks!

Seems that the vast majority of people want moar stars. Could anyone please tell me what kind of star they want and gve some planets they would like? The new thing will be non-canon, so that opens up plenty of things.

Would definitely like new worlds and moons (more eccentrically-revolving planets [e.g. Upsilon Andromedae], sideways-rolling gas giants [e.g. Uranus], an asteroid belt with movable asteroids, all perhaps revolving around binary stars)

I used to stay away from planet mods, because of RAM restrictions, but now, i may just get into the thing. How is the mod compatibility? How far are the planets distanced from eachother and kerbol?

The mod compatibility I was wondering would be for some of the following mods:

TAC

InterStellar

Kethane

Final Frontier

Biomes mod (specially, will all these planets be 1 Biome only?)

Besically All resource mods, will the planets have em?

Sorry if any of these points has already been cleared up. Its 3AM here and I need to get some sleep, thank you in advance!

I used to stay away from planet mods, because of RAM restrictions, but now, i may just get into the thing. How is the mod compatibility? How far are the planets distanced from eachother and kerbol?

The mod compatibility I was wondering would be for some of the following mods:

TAC

Only if you're a masochist. Missions to these are lonngggggg.

InterStellar

Look at the name of the mod. Yes. I recommend it.

Kethane

Yes, although I don't endorse it.

Final Frontier

Yes, but the ribbons for landing and doing stuff near the new planets have plain gray textures.

Biomes mod (specially, will all these planets be 1 Biome only?)

They will have the biomes of their templates. For example Verviedi would have Laythe's land biomes.

Besically All resource mods, will the planets have em?

Haven't tested it, but they should.

Sorry if any of these points has already been cleared up. Its 3AM here and I need to get some sleep, thank you in advance!

Tenchar. Geez forum.

With the latest updates for Final Frontier and KU2, you may have to manually create copies of the planets/moons/stars in FF's Ribbon folder. (in which case they show up as the copied ribbon instead of blanks) I believe Nereid may be working on having them created with procedural generation (or some other auto-gen), don't quote me on that though cause I'm not positive.

Here is example (note I just copied Minmus for the planets/moons and sun for the stars, I eventually plan to make a custom set for KU2 if someone doesn't beat me to it... I'm just having too much fun playing KSP to take the tonight):

Screenshot%202014-07-22%2002.35.54.png

And as far as TAC goes, yes... yes we are masochists... or well, maybe sadists since it is the Kerbals dying and not us. I haven't quite figured out which way that works in this case.

EDIT: To clarify on the issues with FF and KU2, with the latest update it won't let you start games (you can get to the main menu but it halts loading when trying to load a game), making the Ribbon folder look like mine will allow it to load normally.

Edited by Gawdin

Working on something that should help Career integration. I'm also putting more emphasis on career, so that means easier-to-get-to planets.

Well. That makes me Sad. I mean. That's the perfect usage for Interstellar.

Well. That makes me Sad. I mean. That's the perfect usage for Interstellar.

Don't worry. I'm not changing anything. I'm just adding earlier-game planets to supplement the current ones.

Edited by Poryy

I added an easter egg on the surface of Verion.

Extremely minor inconvenience (for me), but would be helpful: Would you start putting the version number in the zip file name or in the readme, please?

Oh, crap. I haven't updated the version number. Ever.

So, I'm trying to run this along with StarSystems. It isn't working so far; loading it up as-is puts Dolas, Corbo, and Kerbol (from StarSystems) centered around Kerbin - this is distinct from the Sun, which is the star at the center of the solar system. Zooming out reveals that Abaddon and Manai are just regular yellow stars, orbiting the Sun respectively at about 6.5 and 7 times Eeloo's apohelion. Verion is orbiting at about Eeloo's median altitude. If I for example change Abaddon.cfg so that its reference body is Blacky Kerman (the black hole from SS), Blacky, or Root it causes everything added by KU2 to disappear. Any suggestions?

The Senta, Barry, Serious, and Stella systems have been disabled, though I didn't delete their files from my GameData folder. The only mods I have on this install are StarSystems, and Planet Factory for KU2.

Edit: As a note, this is in x64.

Edited by Hremsfeld

So, I'm trying to run this along with StarSystems. It isn't working so far; loading it up as-is puts Dolas, Corbo, and Kerbol (from StarSystems) centered around Kerbin - this is distinct from the Sun, which is the star at the center of the solar system. Zooming out reveals that Abaddon and Manai are just regular yellow stars, orbiting the Sun respectively at about 6.5 and 7 times Eeloo's apohelion. Verion is orbiting at about Eeloo's median altitude. If I for example change Abaddon.cfg so that its reference body is Blacky Kerman (the black hole from SS), Blacky, or Root it causes everything added by KU2 to disappear. Any suggestions?

The Senta, Barry, Serious, and Stella systems have been disabled, though I didn't delete their files from my GameData folder. The only mods I have on this install are StarSystems, and Planet Factory for KU2.

Edit: As a note, this is in x64.

Planetfactory corrupts lists StarSystems needs. This causes a bug cascade and game-breaking derpiness. I am awaiting Mars to create his own planet creation script so I can ditch PFCE.

I'm getting weird texture issues... I don't have any other universe-editing stuff in place... I removed all of the default planetfactory stuff, and left just the Abadon pack.

fierbinite is tylo

bakaron and verviedi both have this weird white and red splotch texture that looks super funky

cyssor is using the jool texture

and all of cyssor's moons have the same red and white texture, except for ceti, which is MASSIVE (relatively speaking(, and has a plain grey looking surface with the word "DEFAULT" plastered across it's equator, in reverse...

verviedi's moons are both using the minmus texture

I don't even...

also, the other star, and the new gas giant also have wacky textures... lots of minmuses, and tylos for whatever reason.

I also tried loading up the standard planetfactory stuff, and it all worked fine, but the universe stuff was stuill messed up.

Edited by User Unrelated

I'm getting weird texture issues... I don't have any other universe-editing stuff in place... I removed all of the default planetfactory stuff, and left just the Abadon pack.

fierbinite is tylo

bakaron and verviedi both have this weird white and red splotch texture that looks super funky

cyssor is using the jool texture

and all of cyssor's moons have the same red and white texture, except for ceti, which is MASSIVE (relatively speaking(, and has a plain grey looking surface with the word "DEFAULT" plastered across it's equator, in reverse...

verviedi's moons are both using the minmus texture

I don't even...

also, the other star, and the new gas giant also have wacky textures... lots of minmuses, and tylos for whatever reason.

I also tried loading up the standard planetfactory stuff, and it all worked fine, but the universe stuff was stuill messed up.

I am fixing these issues in 2.2. Fixes will be up tomorrow morning.

In 2.2 I straight up removed Bakaron as well. It was redundant and the terrain is too flat.