[0.24.2] Kerbal Universe 2 [V 2.5]

Poryy

What Would You Like The Next Addition To Be?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You Like The Next Addition To Be?

• Additions to existing systems (specify in reply)
    • New star with planets (specify in reply)
    • New gas giant orbiting Kerbol (Specify in reply)
    • More moons for current Kerbol planets (Specify in reply)
    • Science Messages and aesthetic changes

BTW the problem was that I had the regular Planet Factory installed and not CE (Oops). Anyway sorry for all the responses. This mod is awesome Poryy keep it up. Excited to see what else you manage.

Edited by cwhiz
Misspelled OP's name

The textures for the planets Camna and Kethos orbiting Verion are weird. For me they both just appear as white/red spheres.

I fixed that in the last debug pass... Which version are you using?

I can make a Kerbcam-type video of this mod. What mods would you like me to use for this? (EVE, ekcetra)

Also: Beware. A TARDIS may fly by at the corner of the screen at some point.

Please use EVE. The mod looks far better with my custom clouds. Drag the BoulderCo folder included in the GameData of this mod into your gamedata folder. Otherwise, do as you like.

Please use EVE. The mod looks far better with my custom clouds. Drag the BoulderCo folder included in the GameData of this mod into your gamedata folder. Otherwise, do as you like.

OK. I run Better Atmospheres too, and will just merge the clouds.cfg and other stuff. I'm planning a fair bit of Kerbcam, and some Cosmos style visuals.

EDIT: This mod reeeaaally needs a tutorial install video. It took me more than 40 seconds to figure out the install!

Edited by DuoDex

I'm going to give this mod yet another trial. I did do as you instructed but failed multiple times. So I have some queries because I suspect it is the way I set up KSP to run on my PC. Firstly, I run several mods (in a separate copy of KSP - kept the original clean just in case) and I'm having my own issues with those mods trying to make them work in harmony. Anyways, my query is, if I somehow manage to get KU to work will it break my savegame if I try to use with that? Will it require a fresh career? I assume it won't have problems running along with the other mods. Also, is PlanetFactory supposed to have any dll file at all to work? Because the CE version has no dll file whatsoever. Also, what version of module manager does it require to function properly? I had a problem with v2.2.0 which loaded up a dioalog asking to dump database or load database whenever the KU & planet factory files were present.

And finally, although I've had repeated failures in whatever version of KSP I use (clean is 0.24 but I kept my modded version to 0.23) I would really like to keep using the 0.23 version as most of the mods I'm using are only stable with that version. I do have updates and fixes for 0.24 for some of the mods but not all, so 0.24 will have to wait for me. Anyway, is KU2 compatible with 0.23? (note that I also have downloaded KU version 1 - hard to find but it's still out there... and you guessed it, same results no matter what I do)

I'm going to give this mod yet another trial. I did do as you instructed but failed multiple times. So I have some queries because I suspect it is the way I set up KSP to run on my PC. Firstly, I run several mods (in a separate copy of KSP - kept the original clean just in case) and I'm having my own issues with those mods trying to make them work in harmony. Anyways, my query is, if I somehow manage to get KU to work will it break my savegame if I try to use with that? Will it require a fresh career? I assume it won't have problems running along with the other mods. Also, is PlanetFactory supposed to have any dll file at all to work? Because the CE version has no dll file whatsoever. Also, what version of module manager does it require to function properly? I had a problem with v2.2.0 which loaded up a dioalog asking to dump database or load database whenever the KU & planet factory files were present.

And finally, although I've had repeated failures in whatever version of KSP I use (clean is 0.24 but I kept my modded version to 0.23) I would really like to keep using the 0.23 version as most of the mods I'm using are only stable with that version. I do have updates and fixes for 0.24 for some of the mods but not all, so 0.24 will have to wait for me. Anyway, is KU2 compatible with 0.23? (note that I also have downloaded KU version 1 - hard to find but it's still out there... and you guessed it, same results no matter what I do)

Planetfactory CE has to have a dll file for it to work. Download Planetfactory CE from the link in the OP. The dll will be located in GameData/PlanetFactory.

Place the provided planetfactory folder contained in the download directly into the GameData folder.

That's the problem... I did download planet factory CE but no dll file is present in the whole list. Do you have the exact link?

I downloaded using this link: https://github.com/Kragrathea/PlanetFactory/tree/PlanetFactoryCE which is derived from this link posted in the curseforge post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65401-WIP-PlanetFactory-CE

That's the problem... I did download planet factory CE but no dll file is present in the whole list. Do you have the exact link?

I downloaded using this link: https://github.com/Kragrathea/PlanetFactory/tree/PlanetFactoryCE which is derived from this link posted in the curseforge post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65401-WIP-PlanetFactory-CE

Should the Sentar Expansion be loaded? I don't know what it is.

Also, music for the upcoming video:

Or this:

Your choice. I can't really start making the video until you decide, and if you want me to use some other music I can do that too.

Also bug report: After going to the space center from an active flight, none of the buildings are clickable. This is with the Toolbar mod, Hyperedit, Kerbcam, Kerbal Universe + dependants installed. This problem persists across saves, including (but not limited to) new saves. This bug can be fixed by reloading the game. Log is spammed with some NullRefExceptions upon the HighLogic switch from Flight or Mainmenu to spacecenter scene.

This bug is a b*tch. I wish I could bind all the buildings to a key.

Attempting to reproduce right now, with logs.

10 minutes later: Reproduced. Appears to be a Kerbcam bug, but I've never experienced issues with it before. Posting in the Kerbcam thread as well.

Output Log

KSP Log

UPDATE: Not a Kerbcam bug. Tried with Kerbcam uninstalled, same bug. Only happens when in SOI of a KU2 planet and then switching to the Space Center. Working around it with an unholy combination of reverting to VAB, then loading a quicksave. Please fix!

Logs: Sorry about the GFX spam.

KSP Log

Output log larger than 1MB. Download here.

Edited by DuoDex
added bug report

I've installed the mod properly and was playng with just Abadon system loaded, and it was fine. But when I've loaded (added in menu screen) another star system and a gas giant, the textures of both whole systems with all of the mooons apppeared in strange red-white colour.

P.S. Abadon system is still fine I'm running windows XP, KSP 0.24.2

I've installed the mod properly and was playng with just Abadon system loaded, and it was fine. But when I've loaded (added in menu screen) another star system and a gas giant, the textures of both whole systems with all of the mooons apppeared in strange red-white colour.

It's best to load everything you want to use during KSP's load time, in my personal experience. Just saying. WHERE ARE YOUR LOGS?!

Wrong download. I agree its a little confusing and I initially downloaded from there as well. Anyway, here is the correct link to PF:CE and it should have the .dll: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=0f53357fdb0ba9a2&id=F53357FDB0BA9A2!1773&ithint=file,.zip&authkey=!AI3GbgjU1ZBcLz4

Okay. Something is very, very wrong here!

http://i.imgur.com/u8EOa4V.png You'll note I'm rather close to Manai, and yet still am in the SOI of Abaddon.

Dorp. One of the things I never tested before. I'll fix that in V2.4

That's a memory bug. You don't have enough memory toload both system's textures.

Should the Sentar Expansion be loaded? I don't know what it is.

Also, music for the upcoming video:

Or this:

Your choice. I can't really start making the video until you decide, and if you want me to use some other music I can do that too.

Also bug report: After going to the space center from an active flight, none of the buildings are clickable. This is with the Toolbar mod, Hyperedit, Kerbcam, Kerbal Universe + dependants installed. This problem persists across saves, including (but not limited to) new saves. This bug can be fixed by reloading the game. Log is spammed with some NullRefExceptions upon the HighLogic switch from Flight or Mainmenu to spacecenter scene.

This bug is a b*tch. I wish I could bind all the buildings to a key.

Attempting to reproduce right now, with logs.

10 minutes later: Reproduced. Appears to be a Kerbcam bug, but I've never experienced issues with it before. Posting in the Kerbcam thread as well.

Output Log

KSP Log

UPDATE: Not a Kerbcam bug. Tried with Kerbcam uninstalled, same bug. Only happens when in SOI of a KU2 planet and then switching to the Space Center. Working around it with an unholy combination of reverting to VAB, then loading a quicksave. Please fix!

Logs: Sorry about the GFX spam.

KSP Log

Output log larger than 1MB. Download here.

That's a PF:CE bug. The game doesn't like the massive distances involved in the mod. Just revert flight or quickload. I cannot fix it.

First one, please. It fits the Verviedi universe canon.

Sentar Expansion is just a waste of memory, and prevents my textures from loading.

Erm, how are you avoiding the PF:CE bug? I can't really figure it out myself...

I don't. I just live with it. Verion works, and that's the only new planet I go to regularly.

I don't. I just live with it. Verion works, and that's the only new planet I go to regularly.
Just live with it? As in, restart the game every time you need to launch a new vessel? And Verion works? I don't quite understand you...

Just live with it? As in, restart the game every time you need to launch a new vessel? And Verion works? I don't quite understand you...

Seeing as it only happens when craft are in the SOI of a new star, it only affects me when I do debug passes.

Have you tested it without cloudmod?

Edited by Poryy

Seeing as it only happens when craft are in the SOI of a new star, it only affects me when I do debug passes.

Have you tested it without cloudmod?

What? It happens with a craft landed on Kerbin for me..

Dorp. One of the things I never tested before. I'll fix that in V2.4

That's a memory bug. You don't have enough memory toload both system's textures.

Now I've loaded just the Abaddon system, and I have the Phobius looking like Minimus. I know it's a memory bug, but is there any way to reduce your texture size? The stock game settings (texture resolution) seem to have no effect on the PF objects. Could you make an optional reduced size textures in the next update?

P.S. Bespin is a nice name for the gas giant with an oxygen atmosphere...