[0.24.2] Kerbal Universe 2 [V 2.5]

Poryy

What Would You Like The Next Addition To Be?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You Like The Next Addition To Be?

• Additions to existing systems (specify in reply)
    • New star with planets (specify in reply)
    • New gas giant orbiting Kerbol (Specify in reply)
    • More moons for current Kerbol planets (Specify in reply)
    • Science Messages and aesthetic changes

Abaddon is broken in the latest version, because the files for Bakaron are missing. This means that updating from an older version works fine, but a fresh install breaks the mod. You should probably fix that.

Just go into the Abaddon folder and open up the Abaddon.system file, take out the planetName=Bakaron line and it should work just fine.

By the way, Poryy, this is an awesome planet mod! With the exception of some texture problems, it runs fine

Edited by TheGreatSkeeve

Planetfactory is a bit broken with 64x. I'll PM you my dev copy that I am sure works.

Hook a brotha up! I haven't tried any major mods yet and this will be the first. Looks irresistible.

Ok so I tried installing the special copy *wink wink*, but when I go to play KSP I don't get any new celestial bodies. I do notice that when starting KSP there is a brief white screen. You mention how there should be options on the loading screen but I don't get those either. Just regular ol' KSP. I only have 8GB of RAM. This is the only mod I currently have installed no others.

Other specs:

2.4 GHz intel Core 2 Duo

Nvidia GT 320M 256MB (yea, it sucks)

OS Win 7

Edited by cwhiz
typo

Ok so I tried installing the special copy *wink wink*, but when I go to play KSP I don't get any new celestial bodies. I do notice that when starting KSP there is a brief white screen. You mention how there should be options on the loading screen but I don't get those either. Just regular ol' KSP. I only have 8GB of RAM. This is the only mod I currently have installed no others.

Other specs:

2.4 GHz intel Core 2 Duo

Nvidia GT 320M 256MB (yea, it sucks)

OS Win 7

Do you have PlanetFactory CE installed?

Install PlanetFactory CE by dragging the PlanetFactory folder you see when it is first downloaded into GameData. Go to KSP_win/Gamedata/planetfactory/plugindata/PlanetFactory, delete everything to clear some space, then place KU2 into the KSP folder. I have reproduced this only once, and it's caused by PF:CE not loading properly.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but some of those planet textures are rather obviously pulled from Space Engine. It would be nice if you could give some credit.

All of them are, actually.

Could I get that dev copy as well? I'm having the same problem of not finding any of the new planets/systems

PM sent. I'll update the mod with my dev copy tomorrow morning.

Uploaded V2.3

-Fixed invisible ocean on Ceti

-Fixed broken terrain on Ceti

-Fixed massively obvious texture seams on Ceti

-Fixed game-breaking bug related to the mod not loading

-Gave Cyssor custom atmosphere color if BoulderCo EVE is installed.

-Destroyed broken configs with extreme prejudice.

I was looking for a mod like this for my next short film. I could be the youtuber you're looking for. I'll take a look at it first, because this has the star-system mod competing with it. look at my channel and message me if you're interested.

Ok so I tried what you told me and did exactly this:

1) put PF:CE folder into the GameData Folder and deleted everything in the PlanetFactory subdirectory.

3pIk7sD.png

UqlRsCZ.png

2) Download and move the GameData folder for Kerbal Universe 2 into the KSP main folder (not into the GameData folder that KSP uses). In order to do this I have to rename the GameData folder you provide to something like KU2.

JqHxgnT.png

3) Run KSP and nothing. All vanilla.

Also, I am using Steam but that shouldn't really affect anything.

Steam doesn't affect anything here.

And it's installed wrong right now.

The PF:CE Core Planets can be deleted, but should always be checked off when loading the game if you're doing that.

And if you open KU2, you should find some folder with the names of the systems.

Drop those in ~/KSP/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/

Remove Barry, Stella and Serious, and it (hopefully) should work.

Steam doesn't affect anything here.

And it's installed wrong right now.

The PF:CE Core Planets can be deleted, but should always be checked off when loading the game if you're doing that.

And if you open KU2, you should find some folder with the names of the systems.

Drop those in ~/KSP/GameData/PlanetFactory/PluginData/PlanetFactory/

Remove Barry, Stella and Serious, and it (hopefully) should work.

I put all the systems into the PlanetFactory folder like you said and KSP still loads normally. There should be an option screen when KSP is loading when you open it, correct? Because I'm not getting that. When first opening all I get is a brief white screen before KSP starts loading normally as if its trying to do something but can't. Please help.

Also, I don't see any files for Barry, Stella, or Serious in Krag's Planet Factory or the one provided by Porry. I got the PlanetFactory CE files from the Github account that Krag linked to since he changed the license recently.