[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

There's an example unity package linked in the first post, you could try looking for pointers there. I wish I could help you more, but unfortunately my vast pile of knowledge is pretty much limited to taking a quick look at the source code and recompiling the dll with a handful of changes :P

The package isn't very easy to understand, and adding animation is a whole new level :P So I'm restricted to bombs, missiles (As long as it's like the stock engines), and fixed guns (If you don't need any animations or anything other than the shell spawning points I could try to make one) :/

It looks promising. I will most likely merge it. Thanks!!

panzer1b, I kinda like the heat damage idea. If your tests go well, I'd be happy to merge it as well.

Im still doing some final tests, and working on other stuff like say team colored tracers that switch based on team, and adding more teams so there are 8 options, but the heat damage seems to work ok. My only issues right now is balancing it so that the guns are somewhat fair. Right now the 30mm is either balanced, or the 50cal is balanced. i just cant seem to for the life of me make bots balanced without making either the 50cal a joke (barely able to scratch a fuel tank), or the 30mm instawipe every bloody thing i throw at it. Still, im getting it better, and sofar im very happy with the way to kindof counter the heat damage (parts with very high impact tolerances as well as as heavy strutting and placing lots of disposeable crap attatched to frontal hull that will be destroyed but act as a makeshift heatsink). Once i get it believeable, ill upload the code for others to test, and based on feedback on whether it needs to be more/less damage, itll hopefully be made balanced and fun, in both MP and SP (if MP ever gets working).

Im still doing some final tests, and working on other stuff like say team colored tracers that switch based on team, and adding more teams so there are 8 options, but the heat damage seems to work ok. My only issues right now is balancing it so that the guns are somewhat fair. Right now the 30mm is either balanced, or the 50cal is balanced. i just cant seem to for the life of me make bots balanced without making either the 50cal a joke (barely able to scratch a fuel tank), or the 30mm instawipe every bloody thing i throw at it. Still, im getting it better, and sofar im very happy with the way to kindof counter the heat damage (parts with very high impact tolerances as well as as heavy strutting and placing lots of disposeable crap attatched to frontal hull that will be destroyed but act as a makeshift heatsink). Once i get it believeable, ill upload the code for others to test, and based on feedback on whether it needs to be more/less damage, itll hopefully be made balanced and fun, in both MP and SP (if MP ever gets working).

Maybe if you created another parameter for adding heat something based off bullet class or something like that just like a multiplier that let's you tweak it behind he scenes as an additional variable?

Just a thought

Hey Bahmuto! Is it possible you could add another function to the Weapon Manager called (For example) "Missile Interval"? So maybe you could set it to for example "5" and it would only fire a missile every fifth second (While it "sees" a target). The reason? Well you see, i'm building a rotating missile turret, which when it sees a target shoot's 2-3 missiles at it while i just want it to shoot one. It would be a great implementation :) P.S. Best. Weapons. Mod...EVER!

I am currently on a server with my friends. It does work at times. You won't see bullets from another player in an active vessel, and not missiles either.. so dogfights don't work. Apart from the fact DMP rarely ever loads/shows flying vessels.. so basically you're flying alone for the most part.

Assaulting a base another player setup with guard mode works better though, as long as there's nobody controlling it.. if so it just respawns and glitches out and hops all over, impossible to destroy D:

Well, it works exceedingly well for its stage in development. Guard mode is granted the only thing that makes almost 100% accuracy with syncing, but some things such as space battles and boat wars (Yes. Somehow the buggiest thing in the entire game actually works between clients. The only real issues emerge when two boats are within 1Km, but this is a DMP bug not BD) work somewhat well in PVP. I do have to congratulate BD for the guard mode mechanics. It really makes battles possible, and is actually pretty amazing as to the accuracy of the destruction.

I do wish however that there was some sort of balance to the guns, or at least a way to create strong armor plating (I would really like to stop having tanks destroyed by .50 cal turrets :huh:), but all in all, excellent work. :D

This mod is awesome! the only things i can think if adding are non rotary versions of the cannons and tank turrets with lower caliber guns, like 75 and 50mm. i find the 120mm turret a little big for most of my vehicles so the smaller turrets would be very nice.

Hey, I got a new idea for an awesome weapon. I was browsing the latest mod releases and found this mod.

At first nothing that has to do with weapons, but the mod author has posted a video of an unreleased mod,

So, I got the Idea, to turn that mod into a seismic charge bomb from Star Wars, video of it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nYgHN61vZk

I asked the mod author, if he could mod his mod. :sticktongue: No answear til now, I hope he will get to it.

Anyways. Maybe you, BahamutoD, can create this weapon. It has this really nice effect and sound, and space battles would become even more awesome.

And regarding the physics range. I still have issues with deorbiting crafts, or when switching from crafts in orbit to the ones on ground, they get the orbital velocity of the first craft. OK, I have to say that only happens with ranges of 150km or more. And don't even try 1000000km or more. Really weird stuff is happening. :wink:

And do you have any plans to make assault rifles or pistols? You know, for the KAS trick, so Kerbals can use the weapons.

Well, it works exceedingly well for its stage in development. Guard mode is granted the only thing that makes almost 100% accuracy with syncing, but some things such as space battles and boat wars (Yes. Somehow the buggiest thing in the entire game actually works between clients. The only real issues emerge when two boats are within 1Km, but this is a DMP bug not BD) work somewhat well in PVP. I do have to congratulate BD for the guard mode mechanics. It really makes battles possible, and is actually pretty amazing as to the accuracy of the destruction.

I do wish however that there was some sort of balance to the guns, or at least a way to create strong armor plating (I would really like to stop having tanks destroyed by .50 cal turrets :huh:), but all in all, excellent work. :D

Ull love when my mods get merged, 50cals are USELESS vs strructural panels, they can fire at them all day and do next to nothing (only way to make lethal 50cals is 10 turrets at once). 20s are decent, take down fuel tanks/engines/weak crap really quick, but have a tough time vs structural panels, and 30s are extremely lethal against anything expect structural plate and longer ranges. Although expose a single weak component and itll explode from the 30. I am HOPING to be finished with tweaking by the weekend, so expect the community to begin testing the new HEAT DAMAGE modeling soon

Hey BD, is it possible for you to send me the crafts of all the ones you used in your video (Only the stock ones would be nice) because I'm all out of ideas and I just want to blow stuff up. Also, when do you think we will be seeing proper Sam launchers, Tomawks, ETC. One more thing, have you ever though of creating nukes for your mod, because with the KSP .25 update that allows you to destroy buildings... oh boy, I can only imagine. XD

Anyone able to model a Flak 88 or Flakvierlings or things like that?

Will be in my mod, since well i always had a thing for WW2 gear (at least it took skill back then to hit something unlike the automated/guided everything of teh modern age). I need to finish the .dll 1st, but i will eventually start working on some 3d models of mostly sci-fi variants of WW2 guns (so they fit a little bit better into KSP, but theyll defenetely have that iconic WW2 style). Ohh, and the 1st 2 guns on my list HAPPEN TO BE THOSE, a 88mm heavy AA cannon on a rotating mount (good for placing on capital ships or as a ground emplacement), and the 2nd is a wirbelwind turret with a quadrple flak38 20mm cannon.

I'd like to make a quick suggestion of some non-modern (or less-modern) weapons.

Fixed .50 machine gun such as the Browning M2

Fixed 20mm non-buzzsaw autocannon such as the Oerlikon FF (possibly in an under-wing pod)

Fixed .30 machine gun such as the Vickers or Browning M1919

Will be in my mod, since well i always had a thing for WW2 gear (at least it took skill back then to hit something unlike the automated/guided everything of teh modern age). I need to finish the .dll 1st, but i will eventually start working on some 3d models of mostly sci-fi variants of WW2 guns (so they fit a little bit better into KSP, but theyll defenetely have that iconic WW2 style). Ohh, and the 1st 2 guns on my list HAPPEN TO BE THOSE, a 88mm heavy AA cannon on a rotating mount (good for placing on capital ships or as a ground emplacement), and the 2nd is a wirbelwind turret with a quadrple flak38 20mm cannon.

How about a Churchill AVRE turret with the Petard demolition mortar, and/or the 380mm rocket-assisted mortar from the SturmTiger

I've been poking around the files here, trying to create a new class of ammo using rocket pod that fires guided missiles instead. A reloadable missile battery so to speak. What I did was borrow some code and models from the existing missiles and then apply it to the new rocket pod code. Sadly, that hasn't quite worked out. Either no missiles fly out of the pod, or the whole pod tries to act as a missile.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Hey, I got a new idea for an awesome weapon. I was browsing the latest mod releases and found this mod.

At first nothing that has to do with weapons, but the mod author has posted a video of an unreleased mod,

So, I got the Idea, to turn that mod into a seismic charge bomb from Star Wars, video of it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nYgHN61vZk

I asked the mod author, if he could mod his mod. :sticktongue: No answear til now, I hope he will get to it.

Anyways. Maybe you, BahamutoD, can create this weapon. It has this really nice effect and sound, and space battles would become even more awesome.

And regarding the physics range. I still have issues with deorbiting crafts, or when switching from crafts in orbit to the ones on ground, they get the orbital velocity of the first craft. OK, I have to say that only happens with ranges of 150km or more. And don't even try 1000000km or more. Really weird stuff is happening. :wink:

And do you have any plans to make assault rifles or pistols? You know, for the KAS trick, so Kerbals can use the weapons.

Ohh I remember thinking that was so cool when I first saw it. I'll definitely try to emulate it if I ever get around to making scifi weapons.. There's still alot of work to do on the plugin though.

About small arms - I only want to focus on vehicle mounted weapons...

I've been poking around the files here, trying to create a new class of ammo using rocket pod that fires guided missiles instead. A reloadable missile battery so to speak. What I did was borrow some code and models from the existing missiles and then apply it to the new rocket pod code. Sadly, that hasn't quite worked out. Either no missiles fly out of the pod, or the whole pod tries to act as a missile.

Anyone have any suggestions?

If you mean config edits, it's not possible yet.

I am currently building my military supercarrier and I've docked 3 modules already without any bugs. The problem seems fixed, nice job!

Thank you. You're the first person to give any sort of response to this.

Through my own testing, I found that landed vessels' collision with the terrain gets disabled at 12km regardless of phys range, so they fall through the surface. To prevent this, I may have to clamp the pack/unpack distance of landed vehicles to 12km unfortunately.

Another thing I've come across is that setting the phys range high (>25km) makes the game very slow when firing bullets into the air. This is because of the new feature that allows bullets to survive until they are out of physics range, rather than being destroyed after a fixed amount of time. I may have to clamp bullet range for fast firing guns for this reason.

Edited by BahamutoD

Through my own testing, I found that landed vessels' collision with the terrain gets disabled at 12km regardless of phys range, so they fall through the surface. To prevent this, I may have to clamp the pack/unpack distance of landed vehicles to 12km unfortunately.

I have not noticed such a problem, my mining rigs are about 14km away from KSC and there was no suspicious activity, despite numerous launches.

I have not noticed such a problem, my mining rigs are about 14km away from KSC and there was no suspicious activity, despite numerous launches.

Hmm.. interesting. Whenever I left crafts lying around KSC and flew away, the crafts lying around would fall through.

By the way, something I worked on last week was improving the particle emissions of rockets, missiles, and flares. I wrote a little thing that will emit particles in the spaces between where a fast moving object is on different frames, so you wouldn't get those gaps between puffs of smoke.

With that and other tweaks, things are looking much better:

RQItWkX.png

You can see the gaps between the puffs that the jet engine make with stock particles, while the rockets, equipped with BDAGaplessParticleEmitter, have solid trails.

4d1UbQN.png

I think Smokescreen does something similar.

Edited by BahamutoD