[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

What happens is I get a screen that fades from black to blue (black at the bottom, blue at the top), although the regular KSP interface is there.

From here, when I press ESC, I can't click Return to spaceplane hangar or to launch, I can press settings, but not the Space Center button and the Exit button.

I've got nothing to do with the development of BDA, but this doesn't sound like the kind of thing that could be caused by the BDA mod itself. What other mods do you have running and what platform are you on? It might be that BDA and some other mod conflict somehow. It sounds like the craft isn't loading properly and the game is getting stuck on the very first part of the scene load, which is why you have weird colours on your screen (the world hasn't fully painted yet).

Hey just a BDA modding related question that i don't have an answer for.

Does anyone know why with a fixed gun the retcicle will show on a point on the runway and not move from there? I have had this happen 2-3 times now and am not sure how i fixed it. It also doesn't move when i fly the plane.

Does anyone know why with a fixed gun the retcicle will show on a point on the runway and not move from there? I

Make sure your weapon's part config does not have its physicsSignificance set to 1 (no physics). It needs to be -1 or 0 (AFAIK these mean the same thing), or you can just exclude the line entirely.

Hey just a BDA modding related question that i don't have an answer for.

Does anyone know why with a fixed gun the retcicle will show on a point on the runway and not move from there? I have had this happen 2-3 times now and am not sure how i fixed it. It also doesn't move when i fly the plane.

I had that issue with the Atomic Annie, make sure that when you are making it's config, you aren't leaving fields blank or deleting an animation line instead of setting it to false. It causes an error where it fails to load the settings properly. Debug view is your friend :D

Well I've messed with it a little and am now loading the game, if this is it i will be quite surprised because this config used to work (Is also a modified hiddenvulcan one) and i think all i did was add the fire animation.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, didn't work, I'm fairly sure it's something in the Unity Hierarchy thats the problem.

PART{
// Kerbal Space Program - Part Config
//
//

// --- general parameters ---
name = M1919
module = Part
author = TUKE

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = M1919.mu
rescaleFactor = 1.0

// --- node definitions ---
node_attach = 0.0, -0.01, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = precisionEngineering
entryCost = 2100
cost = 950
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = M1919
manufacturer = TUKE Attack Systems
description = An old M1919, .303 calibre machine gun. After adopting the nickname "The Marshmellow Gun" by a disgruntled customer, we had to specifically write on the box for it to only be loaded with normal .303 ammunition. However when you do load it with marshmellows they make better incendiary rounds than the ones we sell...........
// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 0,1,0,0,1

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.014
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 60
maxTemp = 3600

stagingIcon = SOLID_BOOSTER

MODULE
{
name = ModuleWeapon

fireTransformName = fireTransform

hasDeployAnim = false
hasFireAnimation = True
fireAnimName = fireAnim

roundsPerMinute = 1150
maxDeviation = 15f
maxEffectiveDistance = 2500
maxTargetingRange = 1500

bulletMass = 0.45e-4
bulletVelocity = 1000
ammoName = .303Ammo
requestResourceAmount = 1

hasRecoil = true
onlyFireInRange = false
bulletDrop = true

weaponType = ballistic

projectileColor = 255, 60, 0, 160 //RGBA 0-255
startColor = 255, 105, 0, 200
fadeColor = true

tracerStartWidth = 0.3
tracerEndWidth = 0.05
tracerLength = 3

maxHeat = 1000
heatPerShot = 40
heatLoss = 175

fireSoundPath = TUKE Attack Systems/M1919 MG/sounds/shot
overheatSoundPath = BDArmory/Parts/50CalTurret/sounds/turretOverheat
oneShotSound = true
}

}

Im looking forward to cargo drops with the new Cargo Ramp

OPT has a great cargo ramp with the K (Or was it J?) system. It's also surprisingly easy to fly...

I can carry 2 MLRS systems (Which are versions of a standardized truck) into battle at over Mach 1 now :P

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so with the update to Unity 5.2. if KSP 1.1 gets pushed back will BD armory also get pushed back?

Of course, BD Armory isn't really pushed back.. there's just nothing to do currently. Once 1.1 comes there will be a LOT of rewriting to be done.

As for making new stuff in the meanwhile... doing something on current todo list would deal with GUI code which is all being changed, so it's wasted effort.

I think he's working on something anyway though.

OPT has a great cargo ramp with the K (Or was it J?) system. It's also surprisingly easy to fly...

I can carry 2 MLRS systems (Which are versions of a standardized truck) into battle at over Mach 1 now :P

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, BD Armory isn't really pushed back.. there's just nothing to do currently. Once 1.1 comes there will be a LOT of rewriting to be done.

As for making new stuff in the meanwhile... doing something on current todo list would deal with GUI code which is all being changed, so it's wasted effort.

I think he's working on something anyway though.

Yes I know about OPT but I'm pushing it as it is with BD amroy and a few others on my MacBOOk

Does anyone know why with a fixed gun the retcicle will show on a point on the runway and not move from there?

Check your fireTransform in your Unity setup. First thing is make sure it is spelled properly:wink:. If it is, then you need Z to be pointing the direction you are firing, and you need to make sure it is at least a child of the game object. If you verify those two things, then it means that your issue is the firing animation, and it likely has something to do with the root.

Check your fireTransform in your Unity setup. First thing is make sure it is spelled properly:wink:. If it is, then you need Z to be pointing the direction you are firing, and you need to make sure it is at least a child of the game object. If you verify those two things, then it means that your issue is the firing animation, and it likely has something to do with the root.

What would it mean if a turret fires once fine then locks forward until you reload the flight

Hey new idea:

Drop tanks

Heh... I had the same idea. I already have 3 models waiting in the wings, with a few more in the works. All they need to work is for Baha to add a bit of code that allows me to remove the "fire" option so they only jettison, and for me to figure out a way so that they drain fuel first. I did attempt to use the fuel flow module thing for fuel lines on my pylons, but that just made the game crash... so obviously I need to wait until I can get a coder type to give me a hand, or for Baha to add something to BDA that allows drop tanks to function without having to add fuel lines to them. :)

Heh... I had the same idea. I already have 3 models waiting in the wings, with a few more in the works. All they need to work is for Baha to add a bit of code that allows me to remove the "fire" option so they only jettison, and for me to figure out a way so that they drain fuel first. I did attempt to use the fuel flow module thing for fuel lines on my pylons, but that just made the game crash... so obviously I need to wait until I can get a coder type to give me a hand, or for Baha to add something to BDA that allows drop tanks to function without having to add fuel lines to them. :)

Wait, why would you need BDArmory for drop tanks? Sounds like you'd just need a tank, a decoupler and a fuel line to me.