[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

1 hour ago, Aegrim said:

This is a shame, I guess I'll have to try making an F-15 or Eurofighter.

Don't give up on the F-22 just do what the real one does. Push the missiles out of the bay using IR so they are now firing from outside the bay. Here's one I built. I don't show it very long but you could probably get the idea. IR Extendatron, IR Pivitron and that's really it. Then set the speed however fast you want.

Edited by V8jester

OK, I think my issue with laser guided weapons was due to me confusing the targetter for the jammer....(d'oh!); I'll check the cargo bay issue again.

@BahamutoD, the AI is rather stupid about bomb drop safety - numerous times they've immediately rolled after release and blown their own wings off.

I note on the VesselSwitcher, only loaded craft show up, so even if I put an AI pilot module on a ground unit, it won't start a competition if they're out of physics range. A feature rather than a bug, I get it.

Edited by colmo

47 minutes ago, UnknownEclipse said:

Would it be possible to add glide bomb guidance, similar to cruise guidance but with no thrust and cruises at the altitude launched. Like in the SDB or JDAM extended range.

How would this be any different from the current JDAM?

1 hour ago, colmo said:

@BahamutoD, the AI is rather stupid about bomb drop safety - numerous times they've immediately rolled after release and blown their own wings off.

Argh - my dedicated ground attack plane was coming in for the last bombing run to finish off the flak cannon, having done for the CIWS and SAM already. Releases bombs, rolls, wings hit bombs and buys the farm. I may need to redesign it so bombs are fuselage mounted, to lessen the chance of wing waggling causing an accident. I thought I'd increased bomb ejection force adequately - apparently not.

Edited by colmo

19 minutes ago, Azimech said:

I made a phaser out of the laser. Manually aiming works, in space the AI consistently fires in front of the enemy. Is this a known problem or something I created myself?

7ou41LH.png

AI isn't ment to work in space 

Just now, War Eagle 1 said:

AI isn't ment to work in space 

Oh that's too bad. I have the plans for a huge mod on the table. Real sized starships, complex micromanagement for damage control, propulsion, attitude control, shields etc. People who know Klingon Academy know what I'm talking about. Hopefully it will change some day.

48 minutes ago, Azimech said:

I made a phaser out of the laser. Manually aiming works, in space the AI consistently fires in front of the enemy. Is this a known problem or something I created myself?

7ou41LH.png

That's loveing awesome m8!

25 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Oh that's too bad. I have the plans for a huge mod on the table. Real sized starships, complex micromanagement for damage control, propulsion, attitude control, shields etc. People who know Klingon Academy know what I'm talking about. Hopefully it will change some day.

It semi works works though. Guns function like they are suppose to but the reason 

8 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

Oh yeah, I didn't even notice that.  Yes the yellow arrow on the bomb rack must point down (or whichever direction you want munitions to drop).

As opposed to an auto lock, I just want to make it easier to click on targets.  It's actually easier using the cursor that appears when you set up keys, so I'll probably use that code.

You could as well do a track list, next to the radar where you can select the tracks and choose to lock on them. That's how the real thing works.

Tried two times to set up a battle using competition mode with 3 aircraft on either team.First time was a failure in that all aircraft took off and just circled in about a 5km radius around the KSC. I reverted to SPH to try again without canceling the competition.

The second time I positioned everything using the vessel mover instead of manually but the same competition was still running from last time, clicking the cancel button had no effect, UI saying "Starting competition."

All craft have weapons, ammo and antenna from tetryds'  Aviator Arsenal. No craft from the initial attempt were used in the second attempt.eQueaZK.jpg

Otherwise good work.

7 minutes ago, Wraith977 said:

Tried two times to set up a battle using competition mode with 3 aircraft on either team.First time was a failure in that all aircraft took off and just circled in about a 5km radius around the KSC. I reverted to SPH to try again without canceling the competition.

The second time I positioned everything using the vessel mover instead of manually but the same competition was still running from last time, clicking the cancel button had no effect, UI saying "Starting competition."

All craft have weapons, ammo and antenna from tetryds'  Aviator Arsenal. No craft from the initial attempt were used in the second attempt.eQueaZK.jpg

Otherwise good work.

Yeah I had the same problem this morning

3 hours ago, alp3r said:

@BahamutoD Are you planning to add a feature so that we can shoot different guns at the same time? Using mods such as tetryds' Roaken Armory, it is annoying to not be able to shoot 12.7 guns with 7.62's, or 20 mm's with 30 mm's.

You can do that manually by the 'toggle' in a weapons context menu. For more comfort, add all the weapons you want to an action group. Then you can use all weapons at the same time. System is even intelligent and e.g. only fires turrets that actually point towards your mouse course.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask about this, but how do I get the Vessel Switcher working?  I've tried dropping the folder in GameData and another time placed the dll in the plugins section of BDA, but I never get a VS button.  If anyone could help me out with this I'd be very appreciative.

8 hours ago, TheWizardofGauze said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask about this, but how do I get the Vessel Switcher working?  I've tried dropping the folder in GameData and another time placed the dll in the plugins section of BDA, but I never get a VS button.  If anyone could help me out with this I'd be very appreciative.

Do you have the latest version of BDA? It won't show up on older versions.

@DariusKirk14 Yeah it may work.
But do you realize you are parking two ships close to each other, going into one of them and making it shoot?
That is definitely not going to work on a dynamic environment, and is exactly the reason why BDArmory stopped supporting space combat.
Space combat with proper orbital dynamics is simply too boring to be fun, the first to fire wins and there is not really much you can do.
You can force it by setting up a colony landed somewhere and attacking it with pods or something like that, but then we have the problem that controlling a pod like that to evade bullets and stuff is too much for us to handle.
It would require very complex computations, especially to not crash itself to death, some people managed to have fun with it, but it's nowhere close combat on the atmosphere.
So I would vote down anything related to drifting this mod towards space battle, at least for now while there are still many interesting features that could be implemented for atmospheric combat.

Hotfix v0.10.3.1
= Changes =
- Improvements to AI Pilot handling of underpowered/slow planes
- A few behaviors added to help conserve energy

= Fixes =
- Fixed issue with competition mode sometimes causing a team's setup destination to be underground
- Fixed issue with compeition modes sometimes causing two teams to never be far enough apart to start battle
- Fixed competition mode not ending on revert/scene switch
- Fixed crosshair cursor showing when switching to vessel without weaponManager
- Fixed incorrect team being displayed on weaponManager in editor
- Fixed AI Pilot rolling into bombs after dropping
- Fixed non-stop wobble of bombs in FAR
- Fixed unable to close missile turrets in editor
- Delay turret reverse deploy animation for firePauseTime to prevent closing on last missile fired (for real this time)
- AI Pilot speed controller takes thrust limiter into account for calculations

Edited by BahamutoD