[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I'm building wingmen/commands into BDArmory.

Right now it's just formation flying.

Was that, dopler effect in KSP? GIMME!!! ;)

Is there going to be different modes of wingman? So like a bomber one as well as the fighter?

Apologies if it's been answered before but search functions suck. How does AI combat in space work if at all?

No it doesn't. The AI is only intended to work with aircraft. However I'm suddenly curious if I could make a Duna fighter.

Apologies if it's been answered before but search functions suck. How does AI combat in space work if at all?

The lock-ons seem to work the same as in atmosphere. Haven't tried maneuvering though. And the missiles for space seem to not track

Holy sht dude, I couldn't be more excited.

Here is my brand new F-4 Phantom II using the 9,8.2 plugin. I was a little bummed when I saw that the AI no longer flew straight up to it's standby altitude seeing as it was an excellent way to compare craft acceleration. But after trying it out I really enjoy the new maneuver. It looks great for synchro flying, and doesn't really take any longer.

KANAiwu.png

I've turned the guard mode scan up to 20 seconds to give me better dogfights. A craft really has to have a good position on the other to achieve missile launch. I think the combat in this video is really great.

I love the back to back explosions of a successful chaff decoy. GFY Link

And from a different video. I love watching from the cockpit as the AI battle.

gfy link

Cant wait for the new wingman abilities. F-4 can be downloaded here.

Edit:

Also HUGE thanks for making the radar lighter. I have to retune crafts but it's for the best.

Edited by clown_baby

Hey BD, I want to know if there's a proximity detonation option for missiles? I need to know since I'm making an unguided nuclear air to air missile and want it to detonate a certain distance from a target. If there is none, I can just make it a guided one but just wanted to know if you had an option for proximity detonation somewhere!

Hey BD, I want to know if there's a proximity detonation option for missiles? I need to know since I'm making an unguided nuclear air to air missile and want it to detonate a certain distance from a target. If there is none, I can just make it a guided one but just wanted to know if you had an option for proximity detonation somewhere!

Yay, is it the genie?

I'm having a serious problem here, with the new mod version 0.9.8.2.

I launch two airplanes, hyperedit them into position, put them on different teams, activate guard mode and pilots. This all works as normal.

Both aircraft take off, reach their minimum altitude, then fly in circles, refusing to target each other.

Before you say it, I have not activated "peace mode", they simply refuse to register each other as threats.

Also, is there any word on when Weapon Manager tweakables can be re-activated?

I'm seriously not a fan of having to manually edit every single thing I launch, every time I launch it.

I'm having a serious problem here, with the new mod version 0.9.8.2.

I launch two airplanes, hyperedit them into position, put them on different teams, activate guard mode and pilots. This all works as normal.

Both aircraft take off, reach their minimum altitude, then fly in circles, refusing to target each other.

Before you say it, I have not activated "peace mode", they simply refuse to register each other as threats.

Also, is there any word on when Weapon Manager tweakables can be re-activated?

I'm seriously not a fan of having to manually edit every single thing I launch, every time I launch it.

Do they have radomes? If not, they're relying on visible range and viewing arc. Place two radar dishes (large one doesn't aid tracking or lock on, medium does) on the ground, one on each team, and link them to their respective planes using a radio receiver.

I'm having an issue in two plane dogfights, in which one plane will wind up in front of the other, then do everything in its power to remain in front of that plane, within shooting range. It's incredibly frustrating to watch.

Update: I realize now that it was a snaking maneuver to scrub speed and try to get behind the target. It started working when the planes' top speeds were set within 30 m/s of eachother. It then became an epic battle of wills to try to get behind one another, but neither was particularly willing to lose on speed in order to get there. This occurred for quite some time before one chased the other into a mountain...

Also, I was wondering if it might be reasonable to eventually be able to set flight profiles for individual planes. Setting a flat 0.7 control factor for all speed ranges greatly inhibits a craft. Even more so if the craft has so much control authority that the AI cannot be trusted with more than 0.3 of its potential below 200 m/s and can only be trusted with the full 1 at around 350 m/s. No, I'm not just saying this about my plane. I've been trying to dogfight other people's planes for some time now, and most seem to have this issue.

Edited by TheHengeProphet

Hey BD, I want to know if there's a proximity detonation option for missiles?

Looks like there is, though only for air to air missiles. Try adding

proxyDetonate = true

to your missile's config file (though it should be true by default) and messing with the blastRadius value. Let me know if it works.

Edited by Yski

Yup, just wow. This will be awesome. Very very awesome. Also, beatiful doppler effects, that and the heat diffraction thing... oh air combat will be so great.

how do you use the cruise missiles? every time i tried to use them, they just act like dumb missiles, not locking onto target or anything. i have a gps targeter thing, for ground locks, and a inline radome, with boresight on target, and i right click and fire cruise missile, yet, no locking or anything.

Edited by 123nick

I've got a genius idea! What about adding a targeting pod (only GPS, no lasers), that could be used on satelites and remotely accesed by ground units? It would be incerdibly useful when trying to take down targets hidden behind mountains.

Do they have radomes? If not, they're relying on visible range and viewing arc. Place two radar dishes (large one doesn't aid tracking or lock on, medium does) on the ground, one on each team, and link them to their respective planes using a radio receiver.

The aircraft are within visual range of each other, they start only 1.5 km away from each other.

Field of view is set to 360 degrees, visual range to 3.5 km, and firing delay to 1.

Edited by Guest