[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I know, I want a mushroom cloud as well as other super cool effects and whatnot. I've been trying to figure out how to mod the explosion effects for the game (or really, any effects for that matter). I can't find any tutorials about creating explosions and other such effects. The more I look at it, the more I suspect that modding explosions like that may require going into the actual source code and changing things which would ostensibly mean making a new plugin itself. I'm not sure how involved the code for the explosion effects are.

Hey, BahamutoD, any chance you could add a scalable mushroom cloud type of explosion effect into your mod?

As said, I kinda thought it would be something like that. Too bad :/

It would be the best atomic bomb ever made in Kerbal history though.

Yeah, any chance this is doable?

Hi I can confirm that if you can already make a KSP part that you can make any weapon you chose, it's fairly easy once you've dl'd B's unity package . Hydra type rocket launchers are more time consuming and fiddly but still doable . Bombs are too easy although getting mine to be controlled by the WM took a bit of tinkering.

So go for it, although if you've never made a part before you'll want to master the basics before starting on a weapon system of your own

So many requests... The best way of getting what you want is making a mod for it yourself :) Spannermonkey has done some great work, so it seems it is all very doable!
Hi I can confirm that if you can already make a KSP part that you can make any weapon you chose, it's fairly easy once you've dl'd B's unity package . Hydra type rocket launchers are more time consuming and fiddly but still doable . Bombs are too easy although getting mine to be controlled by the WM took a bit of tinkering.

So go for it, although if you've never made a part before you'll want to master the basics before starting on a weapon system of your own

If you're talking about me and my request for a nuke, no, I cannot make that myself. I'm not an artist! And I know nothing about coding.

HI , I've a question regarding the number of guns per unit. Whilst rumaging through the source code to find an answer for myself I found a little bit of code that "checks for number of guns for fire reduction" according to the comments. Now is this accessible for a single unit or does it refer to the whole vessel, from this line I'm thinking it's whole vessel, but then I'm no coder,

foreach(BahaTurret bt in vessel.FindPartModulesImplementing<BahaTurret>())

The reason for the inquiry is that I wish to create a multi barrel weapon, lets say 4 firing units for now, that will fire one at a time rather than all at once. I've carried out some experiments with various cfg settings multiple modules etc currently available but the results have been less than successful , So is there any way this is possible with the current plugin or is it out of scope for the present?

And while I'm here I'd like to add smoke effects to the firing anims of a couple of my latest developments , I really want the phalanx to be lost in a cloud of smoke just like the real thing, so is this possible currently or as above.

Cheers for the mod, still finding new ways to exploit various parts of it, and getting some hugs grins in the process

SpannerMonkey(smce) That code is to just reduce the sound volume of each gun if there are multiple firing at once so that it doesn't blow your ear drums out and drown everything out.

Currently, it is impossible to have a gun with multiple barrels (multiple fireTransforms) fire one at a time. That would take some extra coding.

As for adding smoke effects: Any KSPParticleEmitter you put in the model will emit particles when firing. If you check the GAU-8, it has smoke as well as muzzle flash. So yes, its possible. Just do it the same way as the muzzle flash but set "use world coordinates" or whatever to true. You can have multiple muzzleTransforms.

Jeffer Right now, there are only two sizes of explosion effects you can pick from. It is a good idea to let you pick your own if you make your own though. I'll set it up in the next update so you can just set the file path for a new explosion effect model.

Explosion effects are put together in unity with KSPParticleEmitters and exported just like a normal part model with PartTools. You don't need to know programming to make one.

Edited by BahamutoD

It is there but it is community made. Mekan was asking for it to come with the mod instead of having to download it seperately. I believe.

seems a bit odd that someone wouldn't like community made things.

like i wouldn't hold off downloading this just for a box of ammo...

SpannerMonkey(smce) That code is to just reduce the sound volume of each gun if there are multiple firing at once so that it doesn't blow your ear drums out and drown everything out.

Currently, it is impossible to have a gun with multiple barrels (multiple fireTransforms) fire one at a time. That would take some extra coding.

As for adding smoke effects: Any KSPParticleEmitter you put in the model will emit particles when firing. If you check the GAU-8, it has smoke as well as muzzle flash. So yes, its possible. Just do it the same way as the muzzle flash but set "use world coordinates" or whatever to true. You can have multiple muzzleTransforms.

Jeffer Right now, there are only two sizes of explosion effects you can pick from. It is a good idea to let you pick your own if you make your own though. I'll set it up in the next update so you can just set the file path for a new explosion effect model.

Explosion effects are put together in unity with KSPParticleEmitters and exported just like a normal part model with PartTools. You don't need to know programming to make one.

So, while on this field of barrel stuff, would it be possible to add a feature to the weapon manager to be able to "cycle" through various weapons? As in a repetition cannon, or for example a Flakvierling 38. Obviously useful for an automatic howitzer, but I also made my own "semi-automatic" cannon type thing that would be awesome to make automatic this way, like a Flakvierling. Or other things like naval guns.

Maybe you don't need programming, but you do need artistic skills (At least some degree, preferably more if you don't want it to look horrible)... and you need to know how to use Unity. None of those for me!

damn i want these but won't it conflict with the stockalike parts i have since they share textures?

Edit: what the- i thought i posted this in another thread disregard please

Edited by Helix935

Probably shouldn't?

Give it a try and report back, soldier! FOR SCIENCE!

EDIT: Well then. This is a response that won't apply, to a problem intended for another thread. Disregard please.

Edited by Melfice

If you're talking about me and my request for a nuke, no, I cannot make that myself. I'm not an artist! And I know nothing about coding.

I am talking to anyone making a request. A lot of KSP modders knew nothing when they started their first mod and as BahamutoD could not possibly fill every request, I'd suggest you give it a go :) Who knows, you just might make the next B9 pack :D