[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I've noticed an oddity with the new Smart Guards. I designed an AA turret with a Goalkeeper and 4 Sidewinder missiles. When an opposing aircraft enters range, it fires its missiles then switches to the gun, as expected. However, the missiles fail to track their target. My suspicion is that as soon as the turret switches its active weapon to the gun, the missiles stop tracking.

UMMMMMM.....

Both the retarded fall and cluster bombs are already included and have been for a few patches of the mod . ricochets would be cool though.

Of course. But they are enough "small" bombs or even bomblets.

And I mean something bigger.

Retarded-fall which I mean  for example, BLU-82: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BLU-82

I.e. currently there is "click-click-click-pshh-pshh-pshh-Bang!-Bang!-Bang!". (Mk82 ammo)

And BLU-82 would be "click-pshh-MMMMMM-PPBANNNGGG!!"

(And it also looks cool when dropping.)

I.e. not a "dandelion seeds", but a "big cow under chute".

Cluster bomb here is also cool.

The thing which I've shown as an example is not a cluster of bomblets, but a bunch of three, say, Mk82.

I.e. dropped as one entity, flies, then becomes three separated normal-sized bombs.

http://s02.radikal.ru/i175/1003/e2/01091a85394b.jpg

Really great mod, I'm having lots of fun with it:

http://imgur.com/a/bNzn0

What does Armed:ON/OFF do though? It doesn't seem to change anything. Guard mode works either way.

I think when it is armed it auto sets targets depending on where you are pointing and also it allows you to fire missiles and bombs by holding left click.

SInce the weapons have recoil you could use it as a means ob breaking. Could be challenge of some sort: Build a plane that stop dead in the air when you fire all weapons in an alpha strike

:D

I've considered building a plane propelled entirely by guns. They'd have a pretty good specific impulse. Problem is, they can't sustain fire long enough to really be useful.

I've considered building a plane propelled entirely by guns. They'd have a pretty good specific impulse. Problem is, they can't sustain fire long enough to really be useful.

Well it all comes down to the magic rocketequation that's why I said use it to brake :D

Well it all comes down to the magic rocketequation that's why I said use it to brake :D

I did make a biplane with a couple of the .50 caliber machine guns (like 8 of them, and it was smaller than the cannonplane), which had so much lift it was EXTREMELY difficult to land without firing the machine guns. That was a fun plane.

The funny thing is I have started setting up an OPFOR base using Kerbinside and placing AAA and SAM sites around it and setting them to RED team.

Adding a bit of combat fun to my install.

Which lead to my latest creation for stock + FAR + BD a MiG-21 knock off SSTO. The F-119 Akula.

ynZSnIr.jpg

Can be downloaded here ---->F-119Akula

your mod is great!

but i have some problem...

all the guns, 105, 30mm, CIWS, vulcun work

but missles are not homed at all

first time when i downloaded this mod, missles worked greatly!

i'm using 64bits

The 64bit game version is not directly supported and is almost certainly the root of your problems

Bahamuto, could you make multi part turret? It would be composed of two part, the turret , with horizontal turret drive and vertical, and the cannon (who can't move like the howitzer ) I want that because we could personalize (placing the chain gun on the top of the turret and placing different cannon, from 37 mm to 152 mm , and different turret because most of my tank don't have a turret because the actual one is too big ) and we could use it to other utility, like mouse trackable crane,,but it's just an idea and I bet you will refuse

Just make your own turret with structural panels and the like.

....we're sharing designs now?

Yay!

ed44d0df7955db121b0b99febe7e365f

MARV assembly complete!

A massive tank based on the MARV from C&C 3. The 3 howitzers actually work with action groups to fire like in game, a bit annoying tho, part of reason why I keep requesting a feature to let the weapon manager do that automatically.

i have problem with all of the missles' homing.

first time i downloaded this mod they worked perfectly.

but now, they aren't homed at all...

there were no mod added after BDarmory. using 64 bits

when you reinstalled it, it you delete the BDarmory folder then paste in the new one?

So I just tested it ... missiles still go ape.... with FAR.

No FAR, stock missile specs, fired without target - OK ballistic curve as you would expect.

FAR, stock missile specs, fired without target -Missile goes ape...., does a loop around me.

FAR, stock missile specs, fired without target, used different bahaturret.dll - missile goes COMPLETELY ape.... and flips around rotating like in the video I posted couple days ago.

FAR, AIM54 Phoenix missile, fired without target, different bahaturret.dll - same the loop is just bigger.