[1.1.3] Surface Experiment Pack - EVA science for KIS/KAS (v1.4.2 6/30/2016) *Now with less explosions*

AlbertKermin

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 4:22 PM, AlbertKermin said:

@CobaltWolf Give yourself enough credit. The new art is like 99% of the awesome in this mod :) .

First of all just wanted to say I love this mod.  The interactive experiments are fun.  However on a side note a do have an odd bug report for you.

I made the experiment connected to the surface the active vessel and was surprised to find the solar panels surface is backwards.  The outer portion is not getting sun its the inside getting the sun and because of the angle not working properly.

Here is a pic as you can see the solar panel facing away from the sun is getting the sun.

?id=644636981Solar Panel Facing wrong way

Solar Panel facing correct way getting no sun.

Edited by Vaga

3 hours ago, Vaga said:

First of all just wanted to say I love this mod.  The interactive experiments are fun.  However on a side note a do have an odd bug report for you.

I made the experiment connected to the surface the active vessel and was surprised to find the solar panels surface is backwards.  The outer portion is not getting sun its the inside getting the sun and because of the angle not working properly.

Here is a pic as you can see the solar panel facing away from the sun is getting the sun.

?id=644636981Solar Panel Facing wrong way

Solar Panel facing correct way getting no sun.

I thought I'd fixed that. I'll try and get a hotfix out tonight, it's a simple issue.

Hey people, I finally got around to pushing this to GitHub. I also managed to fix the solar panel issue. Figuring out the issue turned out to be a bit harder than expected, until I turned the camera around...

mQE7XVN.png

EDIT: Tagging @AlbertKermin so he sees it. I don't feel like contacting him via another medium. :P

Edited by CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, JeffreyCor said:

are you aware you have 2 MM files for AntennaRange, but with slightly different spelling? "SEP_AntenaRange.cfg" and "SEP_AntennaRange.cfg"

I'll look into that right away.

Edit: I think the file in 1.1/1.1h was mis-spelled, and cobalt switched it to the correct spelling, so if you just copied and pasted in the update, you'll have two copies of the same file with diffrent spellings, :)

Edited by AlbertKermin

I discovered this mod the other day, and I love it!

I've run across the same problem as Bledynn, and I know it's being worked on, but I wanted to give some extra information that I found, in case it's useful.

On 3/3/2016 at 3:52 PM, Bledynn said:

its still not letting me use the screwdriver for the parts :(

On 3/3/2016 at 10:11 PM, AlbertKermin said:

I know. Still trying to fix that.

I went to Mun and Minmus armed with the science experiments, a spanner (Wrench? What's a wrench?), and a screwdriver, where I setup surface science, no problem. Worked great.

Then I sent a crew to Eve. Landed them. Unpacked the surface experiments. Attached them to the surface. Went to plug them in. No tool. Scratch head. Searched here. Found above quoted posts. Ah!

Went back to the space centre and launched a test capsule with a spanner, screwdriver and an electric screwdriver. Confirmed that screwdriver doesn't , but electric driver does. Unfortunately, I don't have an electric screwdriver on Eve!

Hope that helps in some way.

As a suggestion, would it be possible, using a selection button perhaps, to choose to have the power transfer conduits pre-attached? After doing it on Mun and Minmus I find myself to be a bit "over it", when it comes to attaching a dozen of these.

Edited by Phil deCube

8 hours ago, Phil deCube said:

I went to Mun and Minmus armed with the science experiments, a spanner (Wrench? What's a wrench?), and a screwdriver, where I setup surface science, no problem. Worked great.

Then I sent a crew to Eve. Landed them. Unpacked the surface experiments. Attached them to the surface. Went to plug them in. No tool. Scratch head. Searched here. Found above quoted posts. Ah!

Went back to the space centre and launched a test capsule with a spanner, screwdriver and an electric screwdriver. Confirmed that screwdriver doesn't , but electric driver does. Unfortunately, I don't have an electric screwdriver on Eve!

Hope that helps in some way.

As a suggestion, would it be possible, using a selection button perhaps, to choose to have the power transfer conduits pre-attached? After doing it on Mun and Minmus I find myself to be a bit "over it", when it comes to attaching a dozen of these.

Are you running the absolute latest version? It should include a fix for the screwdriver. The spanner and the electric screwdriver are from KIS, not us. In case there was any confusion there.

I would be willing to look into making it so you just have to connect the conduits, without having to place them. I can imagine it gets old.

Yep, I used every experiment in the pack at the time I downloaded (there are more now) even though that was not entirely realistic for this mission. But it made the area of the landing site look more "correct" in the sense that real Apollo 11 had a bunch of instruments and stuff on the ground afterward too. One bluedog instrument was a perfect match, solar panels and all! I even got a chance to use KAS to "construct it" on the surface. I loved how my landing site looked afterward. Awesome mod.

kWKiTWJ.png

In my next YouTube series, Project Ares which has not started yet but I am planning it out now, I'm going to be using more of the bluedog parts just in general, for example an awesome RL10 model for one of my upper stage engines in the second episode.

1 hour ago, Felbourn said:

Yep, I used every experiment in the pack at the time I downloaded (there are more now) even though that was not entirely realistic for this mission. But it made the area of the landing site look more "correct" in the sense that real Apollo 11 had a bunch of instruments and stuff on the ground afterward too. One bluedog instrument was a perfect match, solar panels and all! I even got a chance to use KAS to "construct it" on the surface. I loved how my landing site looked afterward. Awesome mod.

In my next YouTube series, Project Ares which has not started yet but I am planning it out now, I'm going to be using more of the bluedog parts just in general, for example an awesome RL10 model for one of my upper stage engines in the second episode.

There haven't been any new ones added since release. However, in that screenshot you are missing one of the two experiments that Apollo 11 *did* leave there - the Passive Seismic Experiment! If you had attached those solar panels to it (which were made for SEP, since we needed solar panels and the actual PSEP would have been redundant) it would be a perfect match for the PSEP.

That is very exciting news! You'll have to make sure you download the newest version of BDB that should be out some time in the next week or two. ~Half the textures got significant updates.

6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Are you running the absolute latest version? It should include a fix for the screwdriver. The spanner and the electric screwdriver are from KIS, not us. In case there was any confusion there.

I would be willing to look into making it so you just have to connect the conduits, without having to place them. I can imagine it gets old.

Thanks for the reply. I'm at work now, so I can't check, but I downloaded the mod using CKAN on Monday. I'll have a look tonight when I get home.

Just linking conduits would be great for me. I can imagine that others might like to attach the power transfer conduits manually, though.