[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

9 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

What's your RAM usage.  With that mod list you may be hitting the 32 bit memory wall.

When the game does run, in OpenGL, GCMonitor reports about 2.3GB at the start screen; with DX11, more like 2.7GB.  Occasionally, I need to clear the ModuleManager cache files and that can help.  I also try to have as much free RAM as possible before starting KSP by shutting down unnecessary TSRs and my browser (which I restart after a successful KSP start).

It's so inconsistent, I'm having problems localizing a culprit.  Up until recently, the DX11 mode worked well.  Then, I updated ContractConfigurator and things went south for a bit, in particular, USI MKS and Universal Storage parts didn't load and caused havoc with my save.  I got back to playing with a backup after un- and re-installing US, and deleting the MM files to force a cache rebuild.

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried spawning a Pack Rat on the runway (wheels down), and it spontaneously exploded. I tried three times, and it exploded every time.

I'll play around with it a bit and see if I can find the problem, but if anyone else is having the same problem, you may want to chime in.

Further attempts on both the runway and launch pad had similar results. The problem seems to be some kind of phantom force that shoves the parts around in a destructive manner.

Edited by Grumman

8 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Log an issue - odds are it's the wheel that I have to sort.

That appears to be correct - after further testing, neither the wheelless Pack Rat nor a Pack Rat with the stock wheels (but not attached to the nodes) explodes.

On 2/11/2016 at 10:45 AM, RoverDude said:
9 hours ago, Grumman said:

I just tried spawning a Pack Rat on the runway (wheels down), and it spontaneously exploded. I tried three times, and it exploded every time.

I'll play around with it a bit and see if I can find the problem, but if anyone else is having the same problem, you may want to chime in.

Further attempts on both the runway and launch pad had similar results. The problem seems to be some kind of phantom force that shoves the parts around in a destructive manner.

@DStaal, I'd agree.

Yeah I just did the same (Windows x64 1.1.0.1172). Pretty dang funny. It spawns a few feet above the ground, like normal. But the second it touches, everything goes to heck real quick.

Ob5QhLP.jpg

vipES96.jpg

Edited by MalevolentNinja

Using version .0.5.0.0 of this mod with KSP pre 1.1 build 1183 64-bit (Windows) with no other mods installed.  Using included Module Manager and Firespitter.

Log located here http://www.filedropper.com/outputlog

The AES command pod has its insides fall out of it on the launch pad.  The IVA view also has parts of the insides missing and no pilot can be seen inside of it from the outside.

Edit: If anybody can confirm it's not on my end I can open an issue on Github if that's preferable

Edited by tito13kfm

Anyone else find the ducted fans constantly emitting air even in the hangar?

Edit:  Apparently it conflicts with EngineLight.  Problem solved.

Edited by Hedd

On 4/3/2016 at 10:32 PM, tito13kfm said:

Using version .0.5.0.0 of this mod with KSP pre 1.1 build 1183 64-bit (Windows) with no other mods installed.  Using included Module Manager and Firespitter.

Log located here http://www.filedropper.com/outputlog

The AES command pod has its insides fall out of it on the launch pad.  The IVA view also has parts of the insides missing and no pilot can be seen inside of it from the outside.

Edit: If anybody can confirm it's not on my end I can open an issue on Github if that's preferable

You are not the only one. I'm trying to get to work on my end, 2 days now. I tried the Core USI mods + this one, still nothing. I tried with clean install with the core USI mods + this, nothing. I tried clean install on my second drive with core USI mods + this, nothing. Also all the above in 4.5 and 5.0 version, still nothing. So it must be a bug because the first time I tried it, it worked and after that it refuses to work correctly. Also I don't post screenshots because they are the EXACT match with the above person's ones. I mean, even the seat is mis-allighned in the same way.

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Yep, very likely a bug, toss a github issue up please

Also, there's propably a bug with the Karibou Exploration Mod because I can't find any of the parts you are showing in the screenshots on that mod's thread.

Specifics please?  I have no problemo seeing the Karibou's parts in 1.1

I mean that I install the mod  and no Karibou parts anywhere in the list while I'm building something. More specific, I tried to find the Part where the Kerbals drive (I don't know how you call it since I can't find it) for example, because it would be the easiest to find, since the "Pods" list is relatively small and easy to spot new parts, and I can't find it.

Edit: I just tried only USI Tools and Karibou mod and still I can't see the parts anywhere.

Edited by Nio9345

15 minutes ago, Nio9345 said:

I mean that I install the mod  and no Karibou parts anywhere in the list while I'm building something. More specific, I tried to find the Part where the Kerbals drive (I don't know how you call it since I can't find it) for example, because it would be the easiest to find, since the "Pods" list is relatively small and easy to spot new parts, and I can't find it.

Edit: I just tried only USI Tools and Karibou mod and still I can't see the parts anywhere.

I think specifics would entail more like KSP version and mod versions.  Pretty important right now.

2 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

I think specifics would entail more like KSP version and mod versions.  Pretty important right now.

The specifics are the same as my post above the same post. KSP 1.0.5, 32bit .exe and the same methology as above, in order to eliminate potential mod conficlicts on my part.

Ahh, that's the rub.  You replied to a comment with someone that had a 1.1 version.  The *current* version of all of my mods are version 1.1 - not 1.0.5, so you need to make sure you are using 1.0.5 compatible versions.

FYI:  

https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS/wiki/Version-Compatibility

Ok so with this links I finally got it to work on my 1.0.5 version. Thank you and I will sent a message to CKAN devs in order to repair the links if they can.

4 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Thing is... the 1.1 versions ARE the most up to date, CKAN is just not so good about concurrent versioning.

Isn't there a temporary fix for this ? I mean, installing them manualy isn't rocket science (:cool:), but there's must be a way for CKAN devs to code it to download the correct version.

Anyway the thing is that it is working now, but I if I have the permision to make a tiny complain, is that the Karibou rover wheels have too rubbery joints with the main body. I mean if I drop the rover from a certain hight, the wheels go all over the place, but don't actually brake apart, it isn't game crushing but it is a bit distracting.

16 minutes ago, Nio9345 said:

Isn't there a temporary fix for this ? I mean, installing them manualy isn't rocket science (:cool:), but there's must be a way for CKAN devs to code it to download the correct version.

Anyway the thing is that it is working now, but I if I have the permision to make a tiny complain, is that the Karibou rover wheels have too rubbery joints with the main body. I mean if I drop the rover from a certain hight, the wheels go all over the place, but don't actually brake apart, it isn't game crushing but it is a bit distracting.

There may be a way, but thats a topic for the CKAN thread.

I'd prolly wait to see how the wheels are once 1.1 releases and bugs are worked out.  Wheels were completely changed in 1.1 so Roverdude has to redo the wheels IIRC.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.