[0.24] StarSystems v0.2

OvenProofMars

This looks incredible :) I have been trying to do something similar for months (and ATM I just put a real sized version of this type of idea to store in Dropbox having given up). And I have to say that based on what I see, it is very impressive! I have to congratulate you, I didn't think it was possible to make something like this stable enough to use.

Also I am getting really quick at making Pf:CE planets. If you want some example systems built to add to your stars, I can make you some quickly if you ask :)

I was going to make some myself soon, but the vessel destruction bug is being really annoying. If you could make me some nice planets I would really appreciate it.

The star isn't the right size.

Here is my star, UY Skuti, it's supposed to be much bigger than this but it isn't, I can only zoom in this far too. This problem happens with Planetfactory sometimes and can be averted by creating a scaled, but that surely doesn't work.

zH52Qpj.png

OK :) I can repurpose Sa-Fire as soon as I get home, I can also recycle most of my project doomsday by slashing radii into tenths

Megalodon, IDK what oven wants but if we both want to add some planet's, let's take a system each :) if you take the one you wanted and I take the other there will be no incompatiblilities.

Does anyone else experience a bug with PF:CE that prevents other stars from being created, moves kerbin inside a star, that star inside another star and the center of the universe is a fusion of StarSystems' black hole and the original sun?

It is happening randomly for me and I have not been able to isolate what is causing it.

I suspect it might be a bug with the loading order that happens when PF:CE loads his PSystem before StarSystems'.

Although the real neighbouring stars seem to be on vastly different planes, their relative inclination to the center of our milky way is probably within one degree. Most of the universe's structures are either completely round (stars, planets, old galaxies) or flat disks (star systems, galaxies. The latter is due to the fact that any system will preserve any rotational energy but will allways have one plane with more directional energy, resulting in a flat shape over the course of time due to collisions.

Sure, but with this approach in order to replicate a realistic-looking neighborhood for Kerbol I would have to put it at a distance of thousands of lightyears from the central black hole, and I doubt if the game engine can handle that. For this reason I'd like to go for the next-best option, that is having stars on extremely slow orbits of different inclination.

Downloaded the latest version, set up the planets and stars.

Kerbin is the center of the universe and when I zoom out, the skybox starts shaking.

That's the problem I'm experiencing when using PF:CE, just that kerbin is also inside a sun.

How to fix Planet Factory:

Open your configs for the planet Sentar, Ablate, Comet(forgot name) and Inaccesable.

Go to the line that says referenceBody, and change "sun" to Kerbol, Billy-Hadrick, Dolas, or Corbo. This should fix it.

How to fix Planet Factory:

Open your configs for the planet Sentar, Ablate, Comet(forgot name) and Inaccesable.

Go to the line that says referenceBody, and change "sun" to Kerbol, Billy-Hadrick, Dolas, or Corbo. This should fix it.

I'm not using the Sentar expansion and I don't even have their files at PF's config folder.

PF is working fine without StarSystems though so I still think this problem might be related to PSystem load order.

OK it's cut to 4 terrestrials and 3 gas giants. They're basically done but I can't send them till drop box syncs. Which I can't to the morning as it's a long sync time and I can't access that computer for a while to get it to hurry... Sorry