Are there Biomes at Duna and other Planets?

GOOD GOD MAN! please title threads like these as a question next time, i read it as a factual statement and got so excited!

Yeah me too :) I thought someone had discovered a hidden update which was not announced.

Eve and Laythe have separate biomes for land and water though.

Not true. Water isn't considered a separate biome. Water is simply detected as "splash down" which generates different science. For all practical purposes though, yes, you want to explore land and water whenever possible.

Not true. Water isn't considered a separate biome. Water is simply detected as "splash down" which generates different science. For all practical purposes though, yes, you want to explore land and water whenever possible.

Id love some fluff text so we can know if those oceans are really water, or even have traces of h2o. i think i read somewhere laythe needs either an amonia ocean, or a super super salty h2o ocean to make sense. idk what eves ocean could be.

GOOD GOD MAN! please title threads like these as a question next time, i read it as a factual statement and got so excited!

I did too. I can only assume that the OPs first language isn't English. In many languages, a question is said as a statement of fact just with a question mark at the end. The switching round of the words "There are" and "Are there" to change the sentence from statement to a question is one of the quirks of English.

Technically yes, it does have a biome, but only one. I'm sure this is not really what the question is getting at. Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus are currently the only celestial bodies with multiple biomes.

Additionally, as was posted, the biomes can have more than one state. Landed and Splashed count as different "states" over the biome, as does Flight Above, Low Orbit, and High Orbit. Those aren't different biomes though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.