How to defend yourself against spydrones.

rtxoff

How do I fight drones? Well, I run around naked on my lawn whenever a drone approaches or get out there with a mate and reproduce. That'll do it, unless there is a NSA agent who is really, really into graphical entertainment content that shows reproductive human activity in various ways.

Come to think of it, the future of PRISM is probably going to be NSA agents watching people pleasure themselves and silently mock them.

Edited by NASAFanboy

How do I fight drones? Well, I run around naked on my lawn whenever a drone approaches or get out there with a mate and reproduce. That'll do it, unless there is a NSA agent who is really, really into graphical entertainment content that shows reproductive human activity in various ways.

Come to think of it, the future of PRISM is probably going to be NSA agents watching people pleasure themselves and silently mock them.

Already there: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/27/gchq-nsa-webcam-images-internet-yahoo

You have every right to shoot it down. It's invading your privacy and if it malfunctions, it can hurt you or even kill you.

If I ever see one (luckily, I don't live in a country in which people are so easily giving away their basic rights and freedoms) I'll tear it apart.

If I ever see one (luckily, I don't live in a country in which people are so easily giving away their basic rights and freedoms) I'll tear it apart.

Tear it apart? Why so cruel? Why not dissect it, rewire it to a new controller, and then show off a new drone to your friends. Or just tie it to a leash and walk around with it. I find drones somewhat adorable.

You have every right to shoot it down. It's invading your privacy and if it malfunctions, it can hurt you or even kill you.
On the flipside, firing into the air (whether or not you're aiming at anything) is a very real danger to others. It may be illegal and it's reckless unless you live in the absolute middle of nowhere.

I've always felt that much of the NSA (or insert your cyber-espionage program of choice) boils down to people paid tax dollars to sit at a computer all day and 'do stuff' while watching amateur webcam 'stuff.' There's certainly not enough legitimate data being collected on suspected targets to keep those folks busy all day...

They've even been 'entrapping' innocent individuals to go on Jihad, to the point of giving them access to weaponry, only to 'catch' them in the act later and arrest them. Some of these incidents have been touted as a legitimate reasons to keep the cyber-spy stuff going.

On a lighter note...

On the flipside, firing into the air (whether or not you're aiming at anything) is a very real danger to others. It may be illegal and it's reckless unless you live in the absolute middle of nowhere.

Not real guns, but check this out. This is a thing that began a few years ago at an annual model airshow. After hours, they bring out the old 'junker' planes, send them up, and then people gun them down with airsoft and paintball. It's become more elaborate now with some people experimenting with custom weapons. Starts around 9:45.

Edited by vger

Tear it apart? Why so cruel? Why not dissect it, rewire it to a new controller, and then show off a new drone to your friends. Or just tie it to a leash and walk around with it. I find drones somewhat adorable.

Tearing it apart and using the parts to make something, of course. It's free s*it. ;)

That is true. I wouldn't do that in a city.

I'd use a metal pole in a city.

No you don't. If someone walks past your house taking photos in through your windows, you have no right to run out and smash their camera. Ditto drones. They're not technically trespassing, so there's little you can do. Having said that if someone was being really obnoxious with one I doubt the police would have a lot of sympathy for them if someone swatted it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.