40k Thread!

Ninjainthenight

If we get a DoW game, I want it to be DoW: Soulstorm.

Reason:

hqdefault.jpg&sa=X&ei=HrKTT7eEB-eS0QX0zK3eAQ&ved=0CAwQ8wc4KQ&usg=AFQjCNG1RbamTBHbCH7IKuc9OOMJTvXqaA

SPESS MARINESS! TODAE WE FIGHT IN DE NAME OF TEH EMPRA! 4 WE R SPESS MARINESS!

OUR PEREMETER HAZ BEN PREPARD IN THE EVNT OUR ENEMES R SO BOLD OR SO FOOLISH!

WE HAV PLACD MANY BACONS THAT ALLOW FOR MULTPULE, SIMUL-TANEN-EOUS DEEP STRIKES!

THE CODEX ASTARTES NAMES THIS MANOVER STEEL REIN!

Boreale FTW.

I have...

3x Vultures

1 Stormhammer Battle Tank

4 squads of Kasrkins...

Aaand a Salamanders Terminator Squad.

And a Thunderfire somewhere.

My sister has a bunch of little Battle Sisters somewhere. She knows they\'re currently crap because the writers don\'t do anything with them, but she thinks they look cool.

I have...

3x Vultures

1 Stormhammer Battle Tank

4 squads of Kasrkins...

Aaand a Salamanders Terminator Squad.

And a Thunderfire somewhere.

Vultures are currently my favorite IG flyer. Of course, they are still trumped by the amazing Stormraven gunship, but whatever.

I\'m actually kind of sad that some of the good IG formations were removed in the v4 codex. For example: Kasrkins, Armored Fist Squads, etc.

Well, the Armored Fist I can understand. You have to remember this codex was during the v3 days of DEDICATED transports. (40K aficionados know what I mean ;))

Vultures are currently my favorite IG flyer. Of course, they are still trumped by the amazing Stormraven gunship, but whatever.

I\'m actually kind of sad that some of the good IG formations were removed in the v4 codex. For example: Kasrkins, Armored Fist Squads, etc.

Well, the Armored Fist I can understand. You have to remember this codex was during the v3 days of DEDICATED transports. (40K aficionados know what I mean ;))

I dunno what you means, explain pl0x

I dunno what you means, explain pl0x

Back in the yonder days of dedicated transports only being able to transport the squad they started the game carrying.

Also, back before official vehicle ramming. Back when ordinance weapons were just G48' range (or something similar).

Back in the 3rd edition rulebook.

Nvm, I\'ve just noticed that the grey knights set only contains five grey knight space marines.

That\'s half as much as tactical marines.

Grey Knights are twice as expensive as Space Marines.,

It doesn\'t end there, either...

This pack contains three Battle Sisters - finely detailed metal miniatures that come in six components, and are supplied with three 25mm round bases. There are nine miniatures available and three random ones will be supplied in each pack.

That\'s ten pounds for that. There\'s 19 Battle Sisters in a squad.

That\'s That\'s 63 pounds per squad

19477228.jpg

In their first appearance the Grey Knights had a great price/points value. A single Grey Knight hero was worth 2000 points or so.

Seconded.

I\'ve heard of a very special Grey Knights army.

2500pts

5 models.

I shudder to think exactly how much 'Elrad-style' rage quits that would cause.......

;D

I honestly think that the only races worth collecting are, Space marines, Imperial Guard, Tau and Tyranids.

I collect Guardsmen myself because I\'m very biased to the Human side no matter what game it is :D

You forgot Chaos.

1) Any army can be fun if you are willing to put time and thought into its creation.

2) Armies that are 'fluffy' are better than armies which kick everything else\'s tail. They\'re just more fun.

3) Note that both of the above have 'fun' in them - if 40K isn\'t fun, what are you doing playing? Remember that winning the game doesn\'t necessarily increase the fun (Actually, one of my most incredibly fun games, I lost badly - but as they were going down, my army managed to do some really amazing rearguard action [i actually painted a medal onto one of the figures because of his deeds!]).

1) Any army can be fun if you are willing to put time and thought into its creation.

2) Armies that are 'fluffy' are better than armies which kick everything else\'s tail. They\'re just more fun.

3) Note that both of the above have 'fun' in them - if 40K isn\'t fun, what are you doing playing? Remember that winning the game doesn\'t necessarily increase the fun (Actually, one of my most incredibly fun games, I lost badly - but as they were going down, my army managed to do some really amazing rearguard action [i actually painted a medal onto one of the figures because of his deeds!])

Hmmm. I guess you\'re right. I did at one time when I got into 40k (when I was 11) collect Space Marines, I had a decent army (like1500pts) I gave them to my brother when he wanted to collect aswell. That\'s when I started Imperial Guard (Over 6 years ago) my first ever Guardsmen unit are my proudest unti because, they are my most commended for their actions. Remember that platoon I was onabout earlier in the thread? Yeah. That was them, I know this may sound weird but. I named them all and I painted their names onto their chest plates :\')

I honestly think that the only races worth collecting are, Space marines, Imperial Guard, Tau and Tyranids.

I collect Guardsmen myself because I\'m very biased to the Human side no matter what game it is :D

Seconded.

Although I would rather collect Imperial Guard, Space Marines, Eldar, and Tau than anything else. Currently painting and assembling my 3,000pt IG battle-force with 3 Basilisks and a Baneblade as well as (eventually) assembling my 2,000pt Eldar force.

Human races in game are mostly the best. Example: Space Marines, TEC from Sins of a Solar Empire, UEF from Supreme Commander, u.s.w.....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.