40k Thread!

Ninjainthenight

Oh, please.

When Abbadon the Despoiler at last unites the forces of Chaos, Chaos will pour out of they eye of terror and consume the galaxy.

That is, IF HE UNITES THEM, My little heretic.

Btw I made this up: My little Heretic, Chaos consumes all.

The two worst armies in my opinion are Battle Sisters and IG.

The IG actually kick fairly huge amounts of ass.

The Sisters of Battle could do the same if the fluff were kind to them the way it is to the Space Marines.

Sisters of battle wouldn\'t be up to marine standard... But they are under powered.

Guard on the other hand... They\'re far to good to fit with the fluff. If they were altered in such a way that they represented elite regiments however....

The IG actually kick fairly huge amounts of ass.

The Sisters of Battle could do the same if the fluff were kind to them the way it is to the Space Marines.

Not to mention that you can only buy them in packs of three, they have to be matel, and it costs 10 pounds to buy three of them.

And there are 19 of them in a normal squad.

Sisters of battle wouldn\'t be up to marine standard... But they are under powered.

Guard on the other hand... They\'re far to good to fit with the fluff. If they were altered in such a way that they represented elite regiments however....

Ideally you\'d pair the Sisters with the Grey Knights and all of the sudden Chaos needs to run the other direction. While no, the Sisters aren\'t up to Marine standard (mainly because they\'re unaugged women in powered armor) they are a few cuts above your average grunt with a rifle. Or they should be, at any rate...

Ideally you\'d pair the Sisters with the Grey Knights and all of the sudden Chaos needs to run the other direction. While no, the Sisters aren\'t up to Marine standard (mainly because they\'re unaugged women in powered armor) they are a few cuts above your average grunt with a rifle. Or they should be, at any rate...

Almost like stormtroopers for the grey knights? :D

Oh how I\'d hate to be a heretic...

NU

DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

GLORY TO CHAOS

LET THE GALAXY BURN

<engineer voice>

How\'d that plan work out for ya, dummy?

</engineer voice>

Chaos is good at close quarters combat, with daemons brutally effective at ripping through space marines and the like. However, the Chaos space marines are stuck with pre-Heresy (Mk5) armors and tech, which is not always quite up to par with Loyalist Chapters (i.e. the best armor, MK4! 8))

To each their place, I guess. :)

Had a battle with my little brother (Lolnewb the rocketeer).

We decided to try out our armys, what with him wanting to collect Tau and me wanting to collect Eldar.

Two squads; 10 dire avengers vs. 12 fire warriors and 2 gun drones.

It a stroke of genius, the Tau decide to go into close combat

It ended with the one surviving dire avenger chasing seven surviving fire warriors off the battlefield.

Almost like stormtroopers for the grey knights? :D

Oh how I\'d hate to be a heretic...

More like pairing Special Forces with Marines. Individually badassed in their own rights, together they\'re nigh-unstoppable against the foe they\'re built to destroy. Which, if you remember, are the forces of Chaos.

I have a feeling they\'d do rather well.

In fact, I\'m extremely tempted to start a Grey Knight/Sisters army just to see how it\'d work out against a Chaos army.

I only went into close-combat because he didn\'t have that many guise left.

But he won the CC and I had to retreat.

I hate eldar.

Not the first one to say it, but

'If Eldar could win the game before the first turn on a roll of 2+, they\'d still whine about not getting re-rolls.' :P

Eldar FTW.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.