Which one?

regex

Which mod do you think will be added?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Which mod do you think will be added?

(it is just an announcement and not a release, isn't it?).

I already have a torch lit. Can't find my pitchfork.. I hear that train a rollin'. Comin' 'round the bend.

In the spirit of mass hysteria I'll note there have been a number of encrypted scratchpad uploads to Steamdb.info over the last week.

Sorry Rowsdower.

It's not NEAR or FAR, ferram has said as much in this thread.

KAC would be an excellent choice, but why take out the transfer planner? It's a big thing that's missing from KSP, and I suspect a lot of players never go interplanetary due to a lack of that functionality.

For the same reason that SQUAD wouldn't put in KER, they'll leave it to the players to work out. However you do make an excellent point, I hadn't thought about that, so yeah, you could go either way with KAC :P

It's not my stuff. I have heard nothing about including NEAR / FAR, so let's stop that speculation right now.

So, through process of elimination we could figure out what it is not...

It`s not FAR (which is a shame)

Sounds likely it could be KER from the comments I have read which means we may finally get a Dv readout...

KAC would be an excellent choice, but why take out the transfer planner? It's a big thing that's missing from KSP, and I suspect a lot of players never go interplanetary due to a lack of that functionality.

Doesn't the game send user stats to Squad that would show that many players haven't gone interplanetary?

Doesn't the game send user stats to Squad that would show that many players haven't gone interplanetary?

It does, but I have no idea what the actual data shows as that's an internal Squad thing. My suspicion is just that, based on what I've read around here.

It is certainly possible to do IP transfers without planning tools, but it is a time-consuming thing to discover through trial and error. I think most players who regularly do IP missions use some planning tool, whether a mod or one of the web-based ones.

It's been already announced in devnote that it is SpacePlane+

I don't know the mod but I am definitely looking forward the next release as spaceplane parts really needed overhaul.

Oh well, I don`t use spaceplanes but I do use 64 bit so at least I won`t have random `out of memory` crashes from the new parts.

TBH I don`t see the point in spaceplanes, there are only two bodies you can launch from with them and I already have a reusable rocket system that works quite well and lets me get most of my costs back to the point that I`m thinking of not bothering recovering craft any more (I have over 3 million in reserve and I am using 6X part cost and haven`t left Kerbin SOI yet... must find a way to make the game harder)

Spaceplanes take ages to launch and I`ve launched enough in my time that long launches are just painful.

Still, if we get better stock parts that are edging toward integrating RPM I`m all for it.

Mine doesn`t send any data and I go everywhere. Most of my missions are interplanetary. Maybe the sort of player that doesn`t uncheck the default option is also the sort of player that doesn`t leave Kerbin SOI?

It does, but I have no idea what the actual data shows as that's an internal Squad thing. My suspicion is just that, based on what I've read around here.

It is certainly possible to do IP transfers without planning tools, but it is a time-consuming thing to discover through trial and error. I think most players who regularly do IP missions use some planning tool, whether a mod or one of the web-based ones.

I completely agree. IP missions would be almost impossible/take ages without something like KAC or similar

Edited by John FX

I'm glad it's SpacePlane Plus. Porkjet's work is really superb and fits with stock parts even better than a few parts that were stock. Makes a ton of sense.

Having said that, I hope Squad doesn't stop there, and consider other high quality mods to be integrated to the game futurely.

I completely agree. IP missions would be almost impossible/take ages without something like KAC or similar

Actually I have KER and KAC installed and I've started doing my transfers with a method that only uses the stock tools (okay it does use precisenode's ability to alter the time of maneuver nodes many orbits ahead, but that's it) because IMO it works better and I'm not just hoping the alarm or chart or whatever was correct. I can SEE it's correct because I have a maneuver node that gets me to the other planet.

I didn't think it up, but I have no idea who told me about it. I should make a video of it specifically, though I have done it in my videos before.

Actually I have KER and KAC installed and I've started doing my transfers with a method that only uses the stock tools (okay it does use precisenode's ability to alter the time of maneuver nodes many orbits ahead, but that's it) because IMO it works better and I'm not just hoping the alarm or chart or whatever was correct. I can SEE it's correct because I have a maneuver node that gets me to the other planet.

Just a lil warning - As you skip ahead in orbits, it's becoming less and less relevant for any complex interception with each and every orbit, as it doesn't seem to compensate for the motion of the starting planet, only the destination. :/

For Duna that doesn't matter so much, but for Moho..

I'm glad it's SpacePlane Plus. Porkjet's work is really superb and fits with stock parts even better than a few parts that were stock. Makes a ton of sense.

Having said that, I hope Squad doesn't stop there, and consider other high quality mods to be integrated to the game futurely.

Hopefully, Porkjets parts replace the stock wings and control surfaces. I know they were pretty much an afterthought when added originally, but the fact that they looked so terrible kept me from using them much.

Hopefully, Porkjets parts replace the stock wings and control surfaces. I know they were pretty much an afterthought when added originally, but the fact that they looked so terrible kept me from using them much.

Hopefully they don't. A lot of people have really well designed planes they don't want to rebuild.

Edited by Alshain

I gather that you still use KER to know available delta-v.

Imo KAC is a matter of convenience for IP, but KER or similar is essential unless one does not mind spending a lot of time on trial and error, or calculate.

Hopefully they don't. A lot of people have really well designed planes they don't want to rebuild.

I hadn't thought of that. I guess I was just complaining that even within the C7 Aerospace pack, shapes and thicknesses are not consistant/compatible.

I hadn't thought of that. I guess I was just complaining that even within the C7 Aerospace pack, shapes and thicknesses are not consistant/compatible.

Yeah, well there are a few of arguments on that front

1. People would have to rebuild everything

2. It's early access so rebuilding should be expected.

3. But planes are a lot harder to perfect than rockets, people spend a lot of time doing it for planes

4. But still, building is fun.

It goes back and forth, it's hard to say if they should outright replace them or not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.