Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

Try angling the sepratrons outwards, but clipping might be causing the turn. Also, why rcs and not just use probe SAS to turn. Even if it's needed for translation you mighhht be able to replace with linears. That should help do more damage.

I think the engineering has made this a space "torpedo", even more advanced than the simple rockets or missiles previously used.

My craft have actual bays and hangers the weapons fire from. I also stack them 2-3 deep and the chemical rockets cause some heat/explody issues, so I fly them out with RCS. I also really suck at aiming, so the translation comes in handy. I'll try linears.

Edited by 23278

So this is my new Indomitable-Class gunship. 
y2ont8l.png

I believe the Kraken took the name of the ship as a personal challenge. It's been blowing itself up for the past 15 minutes. I haven't even fired a shot at it. It still isn't dead so I'd say testing is going pretty well. Jeb seems to be enjoying it. I'm still trying to get Bob out of there....
zz5gb6L.png

Edited by 23278

Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is is that I've almost completed what I'm calling the Mark II, a nice frigate with four guided missiles and eight detachable "jamming" probes for "stealth" capabilities. The bad news is that it is 2am, I have to get up early, and I have yet to add RCS and energy generation.

I've been working on a new ship or two for a while now (still not qutie at the point to test them, but still) utilizing a newer, 0.625 meter guided anti-ship-missile design that reliably does significant damage to armored ships, and absolutely wallops unarmored ones. Not only that, but it also comes in under the part-count of my normal 1.25 meter ones, and is much lighter, making it a potential evolution in stock KSP arms tech.

I'll likely submit the ship when it's finished once HatBat needs warships again for any reason.

59 minutes ago, Spearka said:

GOOD NEWS!

1.1 is finally out properly, which means larger battles and bigger ships!

It's time! :D

I have a whole bunch of various spaceships, military aircraft, and armored vehicles which I need to test and ensure that they work with the new update. 

One vehicle, my upgraded infantry fighting vehicle, has parts clipped like nobody's business. I hope the update doesn't destroy it.

1 hour ago, Spearka said:

GOOD NEWS!

1.1 is finally out properly, which means larger battles and bigger ships!

It also means waiting on mods to update, so it may take a short while for the next episode to arrive still.

I'll mention to check your aircraft gear setups and land vehicle wheels, since the changes in the update might break them or require some alterations to restore functionality to your crafts.

33 minutes ago, Mobius said:

It's time! :D

I have a whole bunch of various spaceships, military aircraft, and armored vehicles which I need to test and ensure that they work with the new update. 

One vehicle, my upgraded infantry fighting vehicle, has parts clipped like nobody's business. I hope the update doesn't destroy it.

Just make sure to check on your IFV's wheels- my Badger ATV I released here on the forums had no issues with the front wheels, but the back had to be re-built due to collision issues.

1 minute ago, ScriptKitt3h said:

It also means waiting on mods to update, so it may take a short while for the next episode to arrive still.

I'll mention to check your aircraft gear setups and land vehicle wheels, since the changes in the update might break them or require some alterations to restore functionality to your crafts.

Just make sure to check on your IFV's wheels- my Badger ATV I released here on the forums had no issues with the front wheels, but the back had to be re-built due to collision issues.

Yep, that was also my main concern. My wheels don't collide (I think), but each wheel has a sophisticated suspension system involving like a dozen docking ports per wheel, which I made after the disastrous Vikus wipeout was released as a sneak peek. I'm not even sure if the suspension is necessary anymore xD

Just now, Mobius said:

Yep, that was also my main concern. My wheels don't collide (I think), but each wheel has a sophisticated suspension system involving like a dozen docking ports per wheel, which I made after the disastrous Vikus wipeout was released as a sneak peek. I'm not even sure if the suspension is necessary anymore xD

LV-1R suspension seems to work somewhat still, since my repaired Badger in testing did some spectacular jumps without too much direct wheel damage. Just watch out for sudden drifting!

Also, since 1.1 deprecated Hyperedit for now, I was forced to manually dispose of an NX-1 Excalibur GEN2 (the prototype model) that I'd been doing unmanned testing on over Duna...

vs2XqRg.png

UQDn3JZ.png

JRR3NMy.png

ickT2mw.png

It survived the fall from LDO (not entirely, of course, but still) enough to still be decently recognizable. Here's hoping that bodes well for it and similar ships post-update.

It looks like I should be able to continue work on the show in (hopefully) a few days. I've got enough working mods now to open up the save in 1.1, though it's not in a very good way. The next thing is to wait for usable versions of the last couple of mods to come out; shortly afterwards I can get to work fixing everything and eventually complete the battle for Kerbin. :)

I forgot to mention that a 1.1 compatible (and working!) version of Kethane has emerged recently and I intend to make full use of it. I'm sure those imprisoned kethane miners will be very pleased, not least because it's the namesake of the show. 

Edited by HatBat

The wheels on the Vikus don't work, which is a shame since I spent a lot of time making an improved model with pimp suspension. To test it, I kept the W key jammed for half an hour while I went and ate dinner, and I came back to see the Vikus still bouncing along the desert hills. Ah well.

I've ripped off the wheels of the Vikus and I'm doing a remodeling of the lower half of the chassis as quick as I can, and I'll send you the .craft link once I'm done.

I know you @HatBat! Hi. I watched all the kethane station series! I am making a modified imagination class interplanetary ship known as the nightmare. Because instead of carrying 250 tons of cargo to places, it has 250 tons of long range missiles and mass relay cannons. And it turns much faster because it has vernors and big SAS. It's modular so if it's damaged it can be repaired on a station. The imagination weighs 500 tons and has a part count of 38 to fit a challenge. I've been doing final testing and it's going ok. 

11 hours ago, HatBat said:

I forgot to mention that a 1.1 compatible (and working!) version of Kethane has emerged recently and I intend to make full use of it. 

Is it good old kethane, or just a patch?

Also, any reason to use kethane instead of ore?

10 hours ago, Red- the Engineer said:

Do you have a striking need for anything?

New craft aren't a concern for me right now. I'm just focusing on getting my game in working order.

1 minute ago, JTpopcorn said:

Is it good old kethane, or just a patch?

Also, any reason to use kethane instead of ore?

Majiir handed over a licence for Taniwha to update the mod, so it's an official release. Although I like some parts of the stock resource system, I prefer Kethane as it's more straight forward. It's also the namesake of the show, which certainly counts for something. 

46 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Are there going to be some non-military miners and resource transporters?

Yes, and you're welcome to submit them.

Thought I might share this image of Kerbin orbit after episode 23:

vta7nKH.png

rip.

Edited by HatBat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.