Kethane Station Discussion

Halban

I've been fairly inactive too, especially due to things beyond my control. However, I'll get right to work prepping a new thread for KS.

HatBat, please let me know when you're planning on accepting new submissions post-1.1, so I can schedule a good time to put up the thread.

Introducing the 2 stage Helios star fighter.  With a whopping 30kN thrust (1/2 a nuke engine's thrust) produced by 15 ion engines crammed into a relatively small airframe, this fighter can engage dogfights at a snail's pace :lol:.  It has a high enough T/W ratio to power up to a complete Kerbin orbit using its ion engines once rocket propellants are used up at ~95km altitude with only half of the orbit achieved.  It can cruise at a sustained pace with maybe 3 ion engines constantly running or with all on for a couple of minutes.  PB NUKs & solar sails make recharging fast (provided military operations are not taking place beyond Dres).

It can take off from Kerbin & reach half way to Duna without refuelling or refuel at a capital ship and now you've got a real fighter with 2 R.A.P.I.E.R.s to engage during dog fights.  Warning: will need a hummingbird's slender beak sized docking extension to reach the docking port Jr. tucked all the way between those gull wings.

And yes, those are training wheels for the boosters that are needed to keep this craft stable during takeoff.

Edited by evader

On January 13, 2016 at 8:47 PM, The_Mad_Emu said:

Hi guys im back again after a long hiatus i have finished my new fighter jets which i believe is are world beaters the 1st i call it the Jay Bird capable of mach 2.7 in low atmosphere. it is also highly manovable cable of pulling off 360 degree (in less then 125 meters) turns with out stalling

Wait.. What?

is are world beaters

A world beater: 1,500m/s at 500m above sea level without heat shields

A world beater: fly able armored bomber

okay. Then, next in this hideously mangled block of text.

it launches in 125 meters!?! So world beating. One of mine launches in less than five!

Then it flies how far? 125 more meters, then runs out of fuel!! Omg so good tech.

then, you get above 10,000m and it goes into a kamakazie dive because of the placement of wings, low fuel tanks.

1 hour ago, Kelidoskoped said:

Wait.. What?

is are world beaters

it launches in 125 meters!?! So world beating. One of mine launches in less than five!

Then it flies how far? 125 more meters, then runs out of fuel!! Omg so good tech.

then, you get above 10,000m and it goes into a kamakazie dive because of the placement of wings, low fuel tanks.

It seems you are new to the forums...

However, this is not your thread, and this is not the first instance of you blasting/boasting about how bad others crafts are, or how much better your own ships are...

so...

I suggest you read these http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/guidelines/

2.3 b:  Messages made for the perceived purpose of stirring up and otherwise getting a rise from users (ie, flamebaiting, troll posts)

Also read this...

Number 1: Be civil :)

Thanks

6 hours ago, Kelidoskoped said:

Wait.. What?

is are world beaters

okay first off.. i dont think you can read by 125 meters that is the space required to do a full 360 turn second of all it has standard fighter range about to the southern tip of continent where the ksp is located and back to the speed issue just been improved now mach 3 roughly 1200 ms. SECOND of all you have not flown this. btw it also is able to function at high altitude. it takes off in about 100 meters which is pretty good considering it is not a vtol. If you claim that a craft of yours takes off in 5 meters it must be vtol if not i call b.s. OHH AND for me low altitude mean bellow 1000 at high altitude its about twice as fast so i will kindly ask you to remove your comment due to a breach of rule (2.2h) if you do not remove it i will ask a moderator to

Edited by The_Mad_Emu

5 hours ago, Spartwo said:

Try to get it lower, the more unstable the craft is the better it turns. There's a sweet spot where it can turn in one place.

h2n4qoJ.png

thanks for the tip got it down to an amazing 15 meter radius turn in any direction i can get it lower but the ordinance tend to fall off for some reason

12 hours ago, RedtheReturned said:

Hey guys, it's been a while. In any case, I'm back now. In case you don't quite recall, I was Red, the Engineer, unfortunately, that account seems to have been terminated in my absence. So, this is my new one. Surprise.

I'll bring shinies soon.

This guy?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/profile/123304-red-the-engineer/

• 2 weeks later...

0Q8QfCbl.png J5pQljhl.png

So, I have returned with some news.  Once 1.1 hits or the new thread is created I will be retiring the vast majority of my submissions. Some of them will be because they're overly redundant, others because I've come up with something better, and some of them just because I want to. And then there's the B-3 which I don't think I even need to go into why THAT particular aircraft is being retired.  A lot of these craft are going to either be replaced by newer, more effective craft, so don't worry, it won't be completely gutted.

Most importantly, ALL of the craft that are being retired WILL BE DELETED. I will post a list, like always, detailing which craft are being retired so that if anyone wants to grab them, you have a chance to do so.

Also, I have a new emblem for my corporation!

KHjtSSW.png

See y'all later! Tuba, out!

Just a tiny update saying I'm still here; I haven't been active on KSP much and XCOM 2 is to blame for this. I'll try and see if I can make a logistics and/or military ship but I don't imagine myself to be active probably until the next KS episode arrives (or perhaps never)

But stay tuned, I'm not dead just yet.

As promised, I would like to introduce the Ulamog-class Gunship

vnwElRj.png

This ground-attack craft is designed to wreak havoc on ground targets with its single GAU-8 cannon and a grand total of 12 Rocket pods; this alone gives it enough firepower to entirely level the KSC to the ground many times over.

kCbkd2H.png

In addition, it also comes mounted with two 50. cal cannons and two AARAMS to ward off airborne threats

Thrust is modest but doable with the two Panther engines, its weight means it cannot take off Dry, however it has more than enough thrust in Wet mode to clear off the ground and go at a substantial speed albeit with heavy fuel consumption; It's advised using drop tanks for long range missions

Download Link

Edited by Spearka

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.