[0.24.2] Interstellar Lite - Tweakscale Integration [v0.12.3][Sept 7]

WaveFunctionP

can module manager alter the tech tree for a save? I mean for adding new nodes, and the like.

Yes, you can change the tech required in the part files or modify the nodes in techtree.

The update I provided should prompt you to update your tree when you load it up.

OK, my bad. The thermal rockets seems to scale korrectly. Sorry for the fuzz about it. However getting 1366.4kN out of a 0.625m rocket nozzle, and over 21000kN out of a 2.5m nozzle seems a bit excessive. The last result is just the last number I saw before running out of fuel :D It was still rising. http://abload.de/img/screenshot5t4kiz.png

I think those numbers should be tweaked down a tad. They shouldn't be able to achieve such a high thrust, not even with remote power. I don't mean to nerf the efficiency, merely the cap! I was using a 1024GW (~512GW) reactor in geostationary orbit for this test.

Scaling seems to work with a stock KSP klient. Krap, now I have to look which mod creates the scaling bug. Weird thing is, those two thermal powered engines are the only one affected.

Edited by caipi

OK, my bad. The thermal rockets seems to scale korrectly. Sorry for the fuzz about it. However getting 1366.4kN out of a 0.625m rocket nozzle, and over 21000kN out of a 1.25m nozzle seems a bit excessive. The last result is just the last number I saw before running out of fuel :D It was still rising.

I think those numbers should be tweaked down a tad. They shouldn't be able to achieve such a high thrust, not even with remote power. I don't mean to nerf the efficiency, merely the cap! I was using a 1024GW (~512GW) reactor in geostationary orbit for this test.

Scaling seems to work with a stock KSP klient. Krap, now I have to look which mod creates the scaling bug. Weird thing is, those two thermal powered engines are the only one affected.

Thermal engines do not behave the same as stock engines. The don't just consume thermal power in addition to propellant and require a thermal source to function. Low in atmosphere they create actually less thrust. Boosters work particularly well with thermal nozzles to get them off the ground while still being able to lift very heavy loads once they get a little altitude. I've designed the reactor/nozzles to be comparable to the main stock lifting engines, except that they require special fuel and they cost more. They are intended to reused and recovered vessels, and they get a little more performance to compensate.

I couldn't force the player to be responsible with their use (nuclear power can be hazardous), so I use the cost to adjust player behavior instead of coding in weird annoying restrictions like the dt vista which is a heavy handed way of handling player behavior. You CAN use them as boosters, but you'd be better off designing your vessels and missions more carefully.

Yes, you can change the tech required in the part files or modify the nodes in techtree.

The update I provided should prompt you to update your tree when you load it up.

ok, so module manager can be used as a replacement for tree loader once you get its tendrils outta the code. cool.

ok, so module manager can be used as a replacement for tree loader once you get its tendrils outta the code. cool.

Yes, well, treeloader is still required for the actual tree structure. And certain upgrade mechanics still require certain tree nodes to be present to work correctly.

Yes, well, treeloader is still required for the actual tree structure. And certain upgrade mechanics still require certain tree nodes to be present to work correctly.

Ahh, I figured the tree itself was controlled by another config file, and it could be altered similarly to, say, part config files (structure, nodes, etc). Would be nice if all mods could add certain nodes to the tree, so it wouldn't just be this tree or that tree. it'd be.... composite tree! then down the chimney would come composite santa, and he'd creep goku the .... out.

Ahh, I figured the tree itself was controlled by another config file, and it could be altered similarly to, say, part config files (structure, nodes, etc). Would be nice if all mods could add certain nodes to the tree, so it wouldn't just be this tree or that tree. it'd be.... composite tree! then down the chimney would come composite santa, and he'd creep goku the .... out.

The tree.cfg under GameData gets parsed by the game and creates nodes that ModuleManager has no objection to modifying. I just don't think TreeLoader ever looks at the in-memory versions of those nodes after you've MMed them.

A plugin that adds nodes to the stock tree based on MMable .cfg files would be a lot simpler than full-on TreeLoader and a better match to Interstellar's needs. Might be an interesting project.

Hey, mod is working perfectly but I am having this weird issue in the VAB/SPH.

j6wP05k.png

When hovering over the parts they zoom out of the screen until they are so big they disappear, filling the log with "argument is out of range" errors.

It seems to only be on the utilities tab and not all of the parts. Parts affected = Antimatter Initiated Reactor, Antimatter Reactor, Fission Reactor, Fusion Reactor, Particle Bed Fission Reactor, Inline Refinery, Deployable Microwave Transceiver, Microwave Beamed Power Transmitter, Phased Array Microwave Transceiver. It doesn't effect how usable the part is, once they have zoomed out of view I can select the parts and they appear normally in the build window.

Anybody else had this issue?

So far I only assumed it, sorry. But when I tried to recreate it, I encountered another bug: Each time I scale the Turbojet or the Thermal rocket, it is displayed correctly in the VAB/SPH. But once I try to launch the rocket, the engine resizes back to its default value.

I'm not certain if this is merely a display bug or something else. I could therefore not determine if different sizes produce the same amount of thrust with a thermal receiver (btw: I am not talking about thermal power from reactors - those are automatically scaled due to the power scaling of the reactor).

http://abload.de/thumb/screenshot11p8qbb.png http://abload.de/thumb/screenshot12vqoe4.png

I had this issue, and it was caused by having the old TweakScale config for WarpPlugin still in my TweakScale folder. Delete that, and hopefully that will fix it.

Hey, mod is working perfectly but I am having this weird issue in the VAB/SPH.

http://i.imgur.com/j6wP05k.png

When hovering over the parts they zoom out of the screen until they are so big they disappear, filling the log with "argument is out of range" errors.

It seems to only be on the utilities tab and not all of the parts. Parts affected = Antimatter Initiated Reactor, Antimatter Reactor, Fission Reactor, Fusion Reactor, Particle Bed Fission Reactor, Inline Refinery, Deployable Microwave Transceiver, Microwave Beamed Power Transmitter, Phased Array Microwave Transceiver. It doesn't effect how usable the part is, once they have zoomed out of view I can select the parts and they appear normally in the build window.

Anybody else had this issue?

It's a known issue with parts that have large numbers of modules where some or all aren't loading. You've probably got a messed up install of interstellar or tweakscale; try deleting the mod folders entirely and reinstalling from fresh. That fixed the same problem for me.

It's a known issue with parts that have large numbers of modules where some or all aren't loading. You've probably got a messed up install of interstellar or tweakscale; try deleting the mod folders entirely and reinstalling from fresh. That fixed the same problem for me.

antimater initiated reactor dont use antimater and tokamak dont use power to starts its bug or it should work that way ????

if yes its too cuted down

some standards should be still even if its Lite

tweakscale integr. is avesome but some changes are... moved to much

and antimater reactors should be overpowered becouse antimater is that powerful in real life ( only " fuel" that gives 100% energy from its weigth)

its just extremaly hard to make it

like it should be

Just an FYI, in case someone has the same issue I had. After updating to 0.12.1 from 0.12, it deleted my ship with the vista engine on it. Having made a backup of my save, first, as WaveFunctionP suggested, I copied my old save folder back and changed every reference in the persistent.sfs file to 'vista' and replaced it with 'Vista' (note the upper case V). After restarting, my ship was ok. Simple fix.

EDIT: Actually, I believe I've fixed the errors in the modulemanager patch that was supposed to fix those things. I've pushed the fixes to WaveFunctionP's github repository, so that will be fixed when he releases a next update.

For the impatient, you need to first delete the file GameData/Interstellar/Patches/KSPIEMMPatches.txt (which should be GameData/Interstellar/Patches/KSPIEMMPatches.cfg). Then, you can grab the file from my repo here:

https://github.com/RealGrep/KSPInterstellar/blob/master/GameData/Interstellar/Patches/KSPIEMMPatches.cfg

That should fix a few things, including your ships with DT tanks on them zooming off into the distance (that one super tested and 100% sure it fixes it). Should also fix the whole vista vs. Vista issue, but that I haven't tested since I edited my persistent.sfs to fix it there, already and I need to get some sleep.

Edited by Addle

I have just applied the patch and am getting the following error message :

ship not loaded because it had the following part missing "phasedArray1"

I need to know what to fix and where to fix it as i spent 3 hours last night building new ground based power rovers and deploying them and i really dont wanna have to do it again.

Please help or tell me what to fix bud.

Thanks

The Gecko

frV1O7G.jpg

EDIT: FIXED with removing all the old interstellar parts and replacing with the new "lite" pack :)

Edited by Gecko99
Solved

I need to know what to fix and where to fix it as i spent 3 hours last night building new ground based power rovers and deploying them and i really dont wanna have to do it again.

The part you were using is still in the 0.12-series releases, but it's been renamed. The following ModuleManager config will make a copy of it under the old name so your existing vessels will load.

+PART[DeployablePhasedArray] {
@name = phasedArray1
@techRequired = hidden
@category = -1
}

If you allowed the game to save after a ship failed to load, that ship will be gone from that save file for good. But if you install that config and then load a copy of a save that has your power rover in it, it should work.

Thanks

The Gecko

http://i.imgur.com/frV1O7G.jpg

The new MM file I posted a few posts ago *should* fix that issue. I pushed it to WaveFunctionP's repository. Should be fixed on next release. You can also drop in my fix in the meanwhile. Let us know if that doesn't fix the issue.

Still getting the expanding parts in VAB problem after removing the extra TweakScale cfg for warpplugin. Reinstalled both mods and still it persists.

Expanding parts are caused by missing modules on a part with three or more resources. Post a log so we can figure out which modules aren't loading. Once we know what's not loading, we'll be a lot closer to figuring out why.

I had this issue, and it was caused by having the old TweakScale config for WarpPlugin still in my TweakScale folder. Delete that, and hopefully that will fix it.

Thanks a lot, you saved me a lot of time! :) That was it.

The tree.cfg under GameData gets parsed by the game and creates nodes that ModuleManager has no objection to modifying. I just don't think TreeLoader ever looks at the in-memory versions of those nodes after you've MMed them.

A plugin that adds nodes to the stock tree based on MMable .cfg files would be a lot simpler than full-on TreeLoader and a better match to Interstellar's needs. Might be an interesting project.

I'd quite like to see something like that too. I'd offer to work on it, but I spend all day at work coding, and kinda wanna do something else when I get home, ya know?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.