[0.24.2] Interstellar Lite - Tweakscale Integration [v0.12.3][Sept 7]

WaveFunctionP

Anyone have an MM patch that changes the interstellar engines from requiring Liquid Fuel to requiring NFP liquid hydrogen that is properly balanced?

Considering how weak plasma engines are right now, I doubt you'd get the behavior you want.

You can change the hydrogen source to liquid hydrogen in interstellar.cfg. Keep in mind that you have no tanks in kspilite to store liquidHydrogen.

I would suggest uninstalling clean. The part should be scaling mass appropriately. I double checked earlier and they were behaving on a clean install. If you find a specific mod that conflicts with this behavior be sure to let me know.

Thanks, that seemed to work :-)

I must have messed up somewhere when following the instructions on integrating with the full version of tweakscale in the OP. If anyone else runs into the same mass scaling problems after updating to .12.2, the procedure I used to get it to work was:

1. Delete all Tweakscale and Interstellar Lite folders from Gamedata.

2. Install Tweakscale.

3. Install Interstellar Lite, allowing overwrites.

4. Delete Warp_Tweakscale.cfg from the tweakscale folder.

Thanks, that seemed to work :-)

I must have messed up somewhere when following the instructions on integrating with the full version of tweakscale in the OP. If anyone else runs into the same mass scaling problems after updating to .12.2, the procedure I used to get it to work was:

1. Delete all Tweakscale and Interstellar Lite folders from Gamedata.

2. Install Tweakscale.

3. Install Interstellar Lite, allowing overwrites.

4. Delete Warp_Tweakscale.cfg from the tweakscale folder.

This "should" work, but as I say in the OP and video, you will need to make sure to delete the kspi related entries from tweakscale's scaleexponents file, which was the cause of your issue.

It's on the list of things that I would like to fix for the next major version. I consider it a fairly high priority, but to be honest, I am not sure that I understand ORS enough to fix it. I've already made on halfhearted attempt.

In short, don't get your hopes up and let be a surprise if it happens. ;)

its not an ORS foults its about game mechanic game processing any resouser not in real time but copule times in the second so u must have enough batteries to store power becouse its not directly drained from solars but from yours batteries wich cannot handle that u need to have enough batteries to store power for that period for working transmiter ant its try to drain all power u are gaining

to resolve thiese....u could add biger store of power to transmiter ( with ofcorse some limitation to using that power) but its not long term fix

its not an ORS foults its about game mechanic game processing any resouser not in real time but copule times in the second so u must have enough batteries to store power becouse its not directly drained from solars but from yours batteries wich cannot handle that u need to have enough batteries to store power for that period for working transmiter ant its try to drain all power u are gaining

to resolve thiese....u could add biger store of power to transmiter ( with ofcorse some limitation to using that power) but its not long term fix

I THINK I get your comment, but i'm going to rephrase, for the grammar dependent, such as myself:

one of the issues with the ElectricCharge resource is that it doesn't get used like a resource in the real world, i.e. in order to move any sufficient quantity, it must be first created and stored, and only after can it be retrieved and consumed. I can't find any links to back it up, but I believe this is one of the reasons why FractalUK started using the MegaJoules resource in the first place, in order to allow expensive systems to draw huge power directly from the generator without requiring it to be stored in batteries first.

the fix for this, as is implied above, is to have enough batteries that you can store enough energy that the microwave transmitter sees a constant supply from the batteries.

the plug-in fix might be to replace (ModuleManager) the stock EC solar module with an improved version that operates holistically across all of the panels on a ship in the same way as the generators do, i.e. creates MJs directly if the total solar input is GTE 1kec/s

Edited by AetherGoddess
clarification and additional options

so, I had this nice save with some stuff I don't want to lose...

I'm currently using KSPi without any (I believed) problems.

Today I noticed a problem with the solarpanels, in short:

when I put a solar panel on a ship it starts to heat up (temperature gradually raises to really hot... like 500°C)

I can see the temperature on the right click menù since I have Deadly reentry (I think it's that)

Another problem is that the energy produced by the panels doesn't scale appropriately with distance from the sun.

I discovered this because I put a satellite around duna and I was getting 17.5 EC/sec from the XL gigantron or whatever is called (should be 18 around kerbin, and a lot less around duna)

I have some questions and I'll put those out there in case someone is kind enough to help me :)

Given that:

1- I know this is striclty a KSPi problem, I deleted all mods except of KSPi and I still had the same problem

2- This problem affects just one panel, no matter how many I put on a ship, the first one gets the problem ('the first' as in the first one listed on the save file)

3- other panels behave just fine

my questions are:

A- would I be able to modify my save in order to use Interstellar lite instead of KSPi?

(I know it is not supposed to be compatible, but I've had some success in the past moving parts around or manually changing the savefile to "save" it :D )

B- is there another way to get the job done?

C- how can it be that just one panel has this problem? understanding the issue may help me solve it...

Thanks everyone for your help!

I think it has been mentioned here earlier that you have to have only the ORS dll v 1.2, but maybe it would be good to also add that to the installation instructions. The new mod MapResourceOverlay requires ORS dll vs 1.1 and having both breaks Interstelar Lite (I thought it would but just tested it to be sure). (The old version is the one you get from the "official" ORS thread download link).

Ok for All the Partwelding Fans out there (like me), I made a pull request for ingerated reactor-generator parts, that work on a single part, while still having all the tweaks and information of both modules.

I hope someone finds this useul, otherwise it is just something for me.

Ok for All the Partwelding Fans out there (like me), I made a pull request for ingerated reactor-generator parts, that work on a single part, while still having all the tweaks and information of both modules.

Actually, now that there's only one generator type it would be nice to see it simply melded into the reactors. Either by combining models or even getting rid of the generator model and just having an all in one function and a smaller overall part.

I guess it really depends on how much more save breaking Wave wants to be :)

Actually, now that there's only one generator type it would be nice to see it simply melded into the reactors. Either by combining models or even getting rid of the generator model and just having an all in one function and a smaller overall part.

I guess it really depends on how much more save breaking Wave wants to be :)

I really like the idea of having the parts with seperated functions, but that works for me only as long as the partcount is low enough.

For me it is not just a case of function to have them in seperate parts but also asthetics, having one model for reactor and one for generator.

Also I think reduction of such a thing would reduce interstellar in it's complexity.

Fully agree!

and possibly to have the output work in 3 ways, thermal energy, megajouls and EC.

NOW were talking some serious part reduction! :P

Fully agree!

and possibly to have the output work in 3 ways, thermal energy, megajouls and EC.

NOW were talking some serious part reduction! :P

Sounds possible, but I would have to look at it, it was just something I noticed this weekend and had to do somthing:D

The input would be like the fuel mode change of the reactors....... I will take a look.

so, I had this nice save with some stuff I don't want to lose...

I'm currently using KSPi without any (I believed) problems.

Today I noticed a problem with the solarpanels, in short:

when I put a solar panel on a ship it starts to heat up (temperature gradually raises to really hot... like 500°C)

I can see the temperature on the right click menù since I have Deadly reentry (I think it's that)

Another problem is that the energy produced by the panels doesn't scale appropriately with distance from the sun.

I discovered this because I put a satellite around duna and I was getting 17.5 EC/sec from the XL gigantron or whatever is called (should be 18 around kerbin, and a lot less around duna)

I have some questions and I'll put those out there in case someone is kind enough to help me :)

Given that:

1- I know this is striclty a KSPi problem, I deleted all mods except of KSPi and I still had the same problem

2- This problem affects just one panel, no matter how many I put on a ship, the first one gets the problem ('the first' as in the first one listed on the save file)

3- other panels behave just fine

my questions are:

A- would I be able to modify my save in order to use Interstellar lite instead of KSPi?

(I know it is not supposed to be compatible, but I've had some success in the past moving parts around or manually changing the savefile to "save" it :D )

B- is there another way to get the job done?

C- how can it be that just one panel has this problem? understanding the issue may help me solve it...

Thanks everyone for your help!

There could be an issue with the way the module is searching through panels. I'll look into it.

You "could" edit the file, but the changes would be significant. You'd spend more time fixing the save than playing I believe.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

I think it has been mentioned here earlier that you have to have only the ORS dll v 1.2, but maybe it would be good to also add that to the installation instructions. The new mod MapResourceOverlay requires ORS dll vs 1.1 and having both breaks Interstelar Lite (I thought it would but just tested it to be sure). (The old version is the one you get from the "official" ORS thread download link).

1.1 was broken in 24.1. It required a fix. Any module that requires 1.1 should be usable with 1.2 with only minor modification to any dependant code. The module is supposed to work with multiple versions, but it does not right now.

I am aware of that overlay mod. I wouldn't be surprised to see it integrated in some fashion. But no promises.

I first thought that way about generators when I first started playing. I am not so confident now. I'm not ruling it out, but I am not sure that that is something I want to allow.

I did remove the requirement for confinement power for fusion, which I always found annoying.

I first thought that way about generators when I first started playing. I am not so confident now. I'm not ruling it out, but I am not sure that that is something I want to allow.

I did remove the requirement for confinement power for fusion, which I always found annoying.

Well it is just a suggestion, and currently it is quite easy to make, without breaking any of the existing stuff, it just checks if there was no Generator attached if itself is already containing a reactor.

More like an enhancement for future items and or welded parts.

It is not that I wanted to reduce everything down to one single part.

And you have the last word on it, but for me it was just something that was necessary at that moment with 8 antimatter reactors and 16 generators welded into one part.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.