[0.24.2] Interstellar Lite - Tweakscale Integration [v0.12.3][Sept 7]

WaveFunctionP

Do you think there would be any issues with my temporary fix, or is that a bad idea? (Deleting the vistaenginecontroller module)

vistaenginecontroller is the module that makes the vista perform like the vista engine, which is different than the stock engines. It's what makes it consume power and nuclear fuels, and controls the behavior or thrust and isp.

If you tweak the base engine modules isp and thrust values you are just making an OP engine.

(Neverminding that the vista IS OP anyway.)

Hi, I'm wondering what I need to delete just so the IXS enterprises can go to warp, But I don't want the rest of the mod, or the radiation feature (I have a lot of crafts already).

EDIT: Delete the parts, and in interstellar config set disablethermalmechanics to true. Thanks for the help! :P

Edited by The Destroyer

I'm switching over to the linux version of .25. I get all of my other mods installed and go to install KSPIL and when I restart after the update none of my parts are available in the VAB or SPH. I'm pretty sure it's a techtree issue but haven't been able to track it down yet and so i figured I would see what you guys think before I do my third re-install of over 80+ mods again today. If you think a log will help I can get it to you. Thanks Brian

I'm switching over to the linux version of .25. I get all of my other mods installed and go to install KSPIL and when I restart after the update none of my parts are available in the VAB or SPH. I'm pretty sure it's a techtree issue but haven't been able to track it down yet and so i figured I would see what you guys think before I do my third re-install of over 80+ mods again today. If you think a log will help I can get it to you. Thanks Brian

If you haven't already, you probably want to replace Treeloader (which is bundled in the current 24.2 build of kspil) with Tech Manager (easily found on Kerbal Stuff or elsewhere)

Full disclosure, I'm currently doing this with KSPI, not lite, so I'm not absolutely certain this works, and I don't know for sure if it's causing your issue.

Hello,

Just out curiosity, Is it known when we might expect a .25 update?

I'm about to set out on a .25 playthrough with this mod as the final missing piece.

Thanks!

The update will be a transition to ORSX and tech manager and some other behind the scenes fixes. Shouldn't be too long, but seems like every time I get motivated to do some work lately, something comes up. I dont' expect for anything to break with the update though if you want to go ahead and get started. Just delete treeloader and replace with tech manager.

The update will be a transition to ORSX and tech manager and some other behind the scenes fixes. Shouldn't be too long, but seems like every time I get motivated to do some work lately, something comes up. I dont' expect for anything to break with the update though if you want to go ahead and get started. Just delete treeloader and replace with tech manager.

Awesome news. Thank you for your hardwork.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a bit of a problem. My seismic experiment doesn't register. When I right click the sensor, all I get is this:

QBMIYe4.jpg

No prompt to start recording, nothing. This is a fresh install of KSPI Lite. Can it be fixed?

Thanks.

Edit: Well, I reinstalled KSP and downloaded fresh versions of all my mods, now it's working fine. Never mind.

Edited by RodKenobi
problem solved

Hello,

I made a CTT config for Interstellar Lite and wanted to share it with everyone, you can download it here.

While there is some overlap this is not a carbon copy of Serion's Unofficial KSPI for CTT. I placed parts where I felt they should be, feel free to make changes to suit your needs.

Enjoy!

*the config file contains instructions, please follow them or it won't work! I failed to mention in the config but it should be obvious, do not install treeloader that comes with KSPI Lite.

**feedback is welcome and appreciated!

Edited by Jim Meillente

I'm confused. Can this CTT config for Interstellar Lite be activated at the same time as the config file that came with CTT , or should I only activate the Interstellar Lite config file?

Hello,

You install TechManager and use the Community Tech Tree, my config should be placed inside the Interstellar folder as per the instructions contained within. It organizes the parts so they are placed in nodes that are in the CTT, I hope this clears things up!

I like what Interstellar Life offers but it's ability convert MegaWatt into Electrocharge I consider unbalanced and cheating. The amount of power obsoletes any other method op power generation. Especially with Near future Propulsion Engines it becomes ridiculously unbalanced. Is there anyway to disable or reduce conversion of MW to Electrocharge?

Alright, I decided something had to be done and therefore I'm currently working on my own Kerbalised version of Interstellar. My goal is to make Interstellar fit much better into the Kerbal Universe. I choose gameplay first, realism second.

I agree with WaveFunctionP that Interstellar scaling was out of control. Similary to Interstellar Lite, I will rescale the reactor power output . However rather than boosting the Nuclear reactors output (into Gigawatt range) , I reduced all reactor power output to levels producing similar electric output to near future reactors (per ton). For example a 1.25m Nuclear Salt Reactor which originaly produced 40 MW is reduced to 3.2 MW allowing a standard reactor to generate about 800 kW (instead of 10 MW) which is twise a Near Future reactor produces (but with only half the mass). This will finally allow you to mix and match Intersterar Reactor and engines with Near Future/Stock engines in a balanced way.

Edited by FreeThinker

Alright, I decided something had to be done and therefore I'm currently working on my own Kerbalised version of Interstellar. My goal is to make Interstellar fit much better into the Kerbal Universe. I choose gameplay first, realism second.

I agree with WaveFunctionP that Interstellar scaling was out of control. Similary to Interstellar Lite, I will rescale the reactor power output . However rather than boosting the Nuclear reactors output (into Gigawatt range) , I reduced all reactor power output to levels producing similar electric output to near future reactors (per ton). For example a 1.25m Nuclear Salt Reactor which originaly produced 40 MW is reduced to 3.2 MW allowing a standard reactor to generate about 800 kW (instead of 10 MW) which is twise a Near Future reactor produces (but with only half the mass). This will finally allow you to mix and match Intersterar Reactor and engines with Near Future/Stock engines in a balanced way.

Cool. I just came by today to see if there had been any progress on Interstellar Lite. Good luck, and I look forward to seeing your mod!

This mod is nearly perfect as it is ("balance" issues can be tuned to to taste via basic text editor), the only thing (beside .90 update) it is missing is native integration with ORSX and SCANSAT.

WF, I am anxiously waiting for the update!

Unless somebody else is already working on this I wanted to start a complete overhaul moving everything to a Regolith based system and only keep as little of the original code as necessary (namely only the thermals and power beaming parts). I'll probably start some time during next week.

I'll focus on getting the mod going first, but if freethinker wants we can incorporate his rebalancing as well of course.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.