[1.12.x] Chatterer v.0.9.99 - Keep talking ! [20 Mar 2020]

Athlonic

So the front page version is unchanged from the 1.0 release, meaning I don't need to redownload? I'm unable to remember how to have more than three beeps at a time. Didn't there used to be an add button that opened up more beep slots?

Great work. No more uncomfortable silence.

Edited by Aethon

Yep still there, you just have to check "Show advanced options" under the settings tab and you will be able to add more beeps at your will ;)

Also I just wanted to be sure 1.0.2 didn't break anything here, seems good so far but I will upload a recompiled version very soon anyway.

EDIT : And done.

Changelog :

v0.9.1 [02 May 2015]

- Recompiled for KSP v1.0.2

Edited by Athlonic

Do you have a donation button somewhere?

Edit: been listening your mod for probably more than 1000 hours. So, would like to buy you a beer, if that's ok:)

Edited by idulort

After starting a fresh install, I kept thinking "something is missing... what is it?" Your mod is so perfectly Kerbal, I always forget it isn't stock. Thanks for it!

This, so much this.

This mod adds no parts (anymore, You used to have to install radios on any part that you wanted it to work with. Current implementation is much better.)

It doesn't change gameplay.

It doesn't add new perimeters to existing parts.

It adds life to an otherwise static gameplay.

It is absolutely essential!

Thank you so much guys for all these nice feedback ;)

Do you have a donation button somewhere?

Edit: been listening your mod for probably more than 1000 hours. So, would like to buy you a beer, if that's ok:)

Hey, really appreciated ;)

I might add add one, if requested and when I will have more free time to continue to develop the mod at the pace it deserves.

For now, I don't even have a clue how donate button works though. ^^

How can I refuse a beer ?

;)

Chatterer's a great mod that I've been using for quite a while, but I have a request for the next version: give us a toggle in the options that disables the breathing sound when on EVA in a breathable atmosphere. Since there are other mods that let us send Kerbals out on EVA without their helmets, this would be a handy so that the sound matches.

Excuse me?

Well,this mod is very good.Buttt......I wanna to change my own voice sounds the Jeb types in this mod.Could u please tell me how to do?THX a lot.

Oh I can't believe I still didn't write an "howto add custom set" on the OP, it was asked several times already.

Will do ... soon.

Chatterer's a great mod that I've been using for quite a while, but I have a request for the next version: give us a toggle in the options that disables the breathing sound when on EVA in a breathable atmosphere. Since there are other mods that let us send Kerbals out on EVA without their helmets, this would be a handy so that the sound matches.

Definitely a good idea, noted.

When I tried to do science the GUI didn't show up, so I looked at the output_log.txt and it showed a draw exception and NRE's all over the place.

output_log.txt

Also there seems to be huge memory leaks.

Wow, not this skin selection issue again. I guess you changed UI skin, did you ?

They must have changed Unity skins somehow and it messed my skin listing/selection again. :/

Try to reset Chatterer settings to default, for now.

I will look into this. And I might keep only KSP and Unity default skin eventually.

Wow, not this skin selection issue again. I guess you changed UI skin, did you ?

They must have changed Unity skins somehow and it messed my skin listing/selection again. :/

Try to reset Chatterer settings to default, for now.

I will look into this. And I might keep only KSP and Unity default skin eventually.

Yeh, I did :D

I'll check that out and see if that fixes the problem. Had to relaunch my station because of the glitch, rendezvous with the old station to transfer the crew, and blew up the old station using the demo packs from KIS. The fireworks were awesome!

Why would my favourite mod which was the last one to be removed while checking for the cause, cause this http://i.imgur.com/WNRZk2u.jpg ?

I'm on linux mint. 64

At first I thought it was RPM causing it, so I took it out because the game crashed the instant I clicked on the VAB

Then I could enter the VAB but when I came out of the VAB the graphics looked like a view through a blindfold made with fishnet stockings.

After several closes and restarts the view kept on returning. Couldn't see anything referring to a mod in any of the logs or the Debug window.

Finally I took the plunge and removed chatterer, I just KNEW that the problem would still be there. But it was gone. In and out of the VAB, no Problems. Launched a ship. No problem. Added RPM and flew a ship from IVA still no problem.

Why Chatterer, WHY? Haven't I always loved you? Haven't I always introduced you to guests and let you join in my life? Is it because I gave Windohs the boot and turned to Linux? Or is the more stable 64 bit version of KSP too much room for you?

I can play again, and the scenery is back to normal, such as it is. but the ambience?

No doubt after playing for a while the bug will return and I will have to come back with my tail between my legs full of apology.

Funniest bug report yet ^^

Sorry, I have absolutely no clue why Chatterer would introduce such a texture issue Oo

I am using RPM here as well, but still with KSP Win32 / OpenGL mode.

Can any other Linux user reproduce this issue ?

Would it be possible to make the sound effects only turn on when you go IVA? I would very much like that for my stream!

Nice idea, will do ;)

Would some sort of "Realistic mode" where background ship noise only play when in IVA do the trick ?

Nice idea, will do ;)

Would some sort of "Realistic mode" where background ship noise only play when in IVA do the trick ?

Really?? You're amazing! That's exactly what I was thinking of. :)

Probably be like an additional button in the GUI under ship sound that says something like "IVA only"? I'm guessing that's what you have in mind :P.

Really?? You're amazing! That's exactly what I was thinking of. :)

Probably be like an additional button in the GUI under ship sound that says something like "IVA only"? I'm guessing that's what you have in mind :P.

Yep ;)

Are female voiced planned?

Yes, I am trying to bind voice with the pilot (in the case of multiple crew), so if the pilot is a female, capsule chatter will have female voice.

The long part will be to build a nice female chatter set which fit with the existing ones.

I think I will stick with Nasa/STS voices, I tried the (official) reversed/pitched Spanish with my launch-countdown mod, but I am still not happy with the result.

Yes, I am trying to bind voice with the pilot (in the case of multiple crew), so if the pilot is a female, capsule chatter will have female voice.

If there are both male and female crew on board I would personally prefer to have both male and female chatter, rather than only one of the two.

If there are both male and female crew on board I would personally prefer to have both male and female chatter, rather than only one of the two.

Capcom chatter/response will always be male voice, only capsule will be regarding pilot gender, so it should be ok.

Damniiiiiiiiit, why does it not work? All th e.json files are there, the installation is complete, and everything looks okay up to the point where I hear no voices! I'm terribly sorry about my tantrum, but this is happening since 0.23.5 (when I found the mod for the first time) and I still haven't found a way to solve it.

i'm not getting beep sounds, i did set to beep every seccond and nothing, is it because i have remote tech and im at a manned vessel, not connected? and about the buttons, im only seeing green and red, is it still because of the RT integration?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.