[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

i like it how my question is like totally ignored. I'll just ask again: Can i just use b9 in it's current state without gamebreaking bugs, and if not, is there any way to get it working?

EDIT: fixed missing FREKIN' VERB like how the hell do i manage to miss the most important part of the sentence?

You asked if there is any way right? Wait for the update and that will get it working should be pretty simple :rolleyes:

Sure I can use TweakScale, but it needs to add a TweakScale Module. I can do it by myself, but not everyone is able to do it...

Indeed, TweakScale is missing HX support. But that is homework for TweakScale, not B9. I'll look into it.

You asked if there is any way right? Wait for the update and that will get it working should be pretty simple :rolleyes:

well, i figured you'd get that i meant "working now".

i like it how my question is like totally ignored. I'll just ask again: Can i just use b9 in it's current state without gamebreaking bugs, and if not, is there any way to get it working?

EDIT: fixed missing FREKIN' VERB like how the hell do i manage to miss the most important part of the sentence?

I believe you are not reading impaired, so you can read the last few pages, there is a post describing exactly what is working and what isn't in B9's current state. From there on you can decide whether this is game breaking or not.

S2 is 2.5m with sides cut off and it has a very short adapter to 2.5m available, so I don't see any point in creating MK2 to S2 adapter.

I understand... However, that 2.5m adapter looks kind of weird on planes when you have Mk.2 cockpit, then Mk.2 to 2.5m adapter, then 2.5m to S2 adapter, which is attached to mostly smooth S2 fuselage... the bulge is quite noticeable, especially when S2 is cut 2.5m...

The same could be applied to S2 decouplers, that would come handy when creating F-111 style emergency capsule (but I have found a temporary way around that through docking port, poopload of struts, fuel lines and B9-PW cover parts), or to hollow S2 fuselage with small side doors (service module style) that might act as an short in-line cover for Mechjeb, KAS, TACLS and so on, when cargo bay is too long for your needs.

But those are just small things, not that pressing... :)

As about heat shielding, we'll see, I need to come up with a good way to toggle the textures on select parts of the mesh and the system from B9-PW will not work here.

yeah, that might be difficult if you're trying to make the RAM usage as small as possible, and you would need new textures for top, bottom, both sides and whole thing covered in heatshield... or maybe not... dunno, I don't know much about texturing, and even less about what is possible in KSP or through Firespitter on that regard, but maybe you could have two types of textures (two .dds files), one shielded, one non-shielded, and have every texture separately applied four times on part of the part's mesh (top, bottom, left, right), and just switching which texture would apply for the part?

Also, what is the fate of the Concorde/Tu-144/XB-70-style S3 cockpit? :)

Edited by ZewelVonLelek

Just want to say what an epic mod this turned out to be and how i can see with the various updates how hard it is to keep such a big mod as small as possible on the RAM front.

also like Zewelvonlelek said;

what is the fate of that concord cockpit? it was very intresting to see what you were working on Bac9 and surprising how good it was for a in dev part. (then again parts coming from you are rarely ever bad)

take your time with updating and godspeed. also don't forget sleep... sleep is good... :P

When will we get a 1.0.2 update? I'd love to check out this mod.

It'll be done sometime between now and never. It's being worked on. If you read through the last few pages of the thread (always a good idea before posting), you'll be able to see what's going on.

Popping into a thread and saying "When's it going to be ready?" has a tendency to irritate. Nothing wrong with asking the question as such, but recently it seems every other thread on this forum is dripping with the same question, and in combination the effect can be really annoying. Especially when it gets asked several times a day.

Don't mean to sound tetchy and I apologise if I come across as rude - just trying to suggest that reading the last few pages of a thread before posting is a good idea, so you don't repeat an already much-repeated question...

Edited by UnanimousCoward
politeness

you cant blame them. Everyone does exactly that. Checking out the last few pages might or might not actually tell you anything and it looks like it would be the latter seeing how this thread is over 200 pages long. The reason why people dont know if B9 is getting updated is because people have their own reasons to just check the actual OP page.

Just a few pages back is this post from bac9 with a status update, which clearly states that there is no ETA:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92630-0-90-B9-Aerospace-Release-5-2-8-%28updated-30-12-14%29?p=1958396&viewfull=1#post1958396

If you think 5 pages is too far back, it was quoted in this post 3 pages earlier:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92630-0-90-B9-Aerospace-Release-5-2-8-%28updated-30-12-14%29?p=1959079&viewfull=1#post1959079

Then there’s this post just 2 pages back in answer to the last time someone asked the question:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92630-0-90-B9-Aerospace-Release-5-2-8-%28updated-30-12-14%29?p=1959953&viewfull=1#post1959953

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect people to read the few pages of the thread; I never suggested they read the whole thing. It’s true that it “might or might not tell you anythingâ€Â, but in my experience it’s “might†much more often than it’s “might notâ€Â.

I think you are right, it is not unreasonable. Few would jump blindly into a group conversation without getting a cursory feel of the topic ... except on the internet. This is the equivalent of someone walking into said discussion, blurting out a question and walking away without waiting for an answer. The level of rudeness involved is obscene. We can blame them, we should blame them and they should be publicly accosted for their poor manners. Considering how much time is spent on the internet, it's perfectly acceptable to set a standard of interaction.

The issue is, as I said, they've already walked away to do the exact same thing somewhere else.

New MK2 cockpit, slightly inspired by F-35. Has a subtype with an intake somewhat resembling X-32.

AErSigEh.jpg

I hate opaque matte glass material KSP parts are forced to have, so I guess I'll use a sideloaded reflective shader.

Edited by bac9

21st of May

B9 1.0.2 Compatibility Checklist

May not be complete

Already Done

Stack node adjustments by V8jester and M4ck

Most textures converted to DDS

CrossFeedEnabler, Firespitter, JSI, KM_Gimbal, SmokeScreen updates

To do

Recompile KineTechAnimation and Virgin Kalactic which have not been updated

Convert remaining textures to DDS (missed by DDS4KSP)

Re-entry thermals

Jet engine configs

velCurve defines thrust vs mach

atmCurve defines thrust vs density

tempMachLimit and machHeatMultiplier set mach limits on engine operation

Cargo bays need new module for 1.0 aero

All wings need adjustment for 1.0 aero (FAR should still be fine)

Unknown if bizarre drag behavior still applies to intakes in stock aero

bulkhead profiles

See if ResGen is still necessary for compressed air thrusters

Now

B9 1.0.2 Compatibility Checklist

May not be complete

Already Done

Stack node adjustments by V8jester and M4ck

All textures converted to DDS

CrossFeedEnabler, Firespitter, JSI, KM_Gimbal, SmokeScreen updates

Recompile KineTechAnimation and Virgin Kalactic which have not been updated by their authors

Re-entry thermals should be good now

bulkhead profiles mostly done

To do

Jet engine configs

velCurve defines thrust vs mach

atmCurve defines thrust vs density

tempMachLimit and machHeatMultiplier set mach limits on engine operation

Cargo bays need new module for 1.0 aero

All wings need adjustment for 1.0 aero (FAR should still be fine)

Unknown if bizarre drag behavior still applies to intakes in stock aero

bulkhead profiles still need some adjustment - surface attachment may not be showing up and icons require FilterExtensions

See if ResGen is still necessary for compressed air thrusters

Reconfigure tech nodes for new tech tree

We are making progress here folks, be patient. I am posting this between working on the wings for stock Aero and I laid the basis for cargobay modules (not uploaded yet). Good things come to those who wait. ;)

Do you think you could make those cockpits function as probes as well? They look awesome, and I think they might lend themselves to a Predator/Global Hawk style aircraft.

Is there something wrong with a drone core + tail section as a nose?

Hey guys and gals, I just finished applying the stock Aero modules to the winglets, wings, canards, control surfaces and wingtips. All of that stuff has to be tested of course but it is in now. I am done working on this for today, cheers :cool:

Oh I almost forgot, I also applied lift surface properties to the MK2 fuselage system. ;)

Good news everybody, I built a testplane from B9 MK2 parts, wings, control surfaces and gear and that plane was flying stable with good maneuverability. There is room for improvement but the groundwork has been laid! :cool:

Edited by Flashblade

Gentlemen, I wonder if L2 Atlas Low-Profile Engine is supposed to be without animation? Maybe that's the point of its low-profileness - I'm not exactly sure, just want to be sure I'm not missing some files, since it's pretty unsettling (first time I actually decoupled entire stage since I thought it didn't fire up :rolleyes:).

Also great mod, absolutely love it. Cheers.