[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

22 hours ago, blowfish said:

Sorry, but if you're trying to make a support request, you're going to have to provide a lot more detail.  Start with

1. What you installed and how you installed it
  2. Exactly what you expected to show up in the SPH but did not.
  3. Logs.  Explained in this post.  These usually reveal the problem immediately.

I installed all of the three thingys for B9. I expected to find all of the fuselages and cargo bays, but all there is is the wings and command pods, which i find annoying for obvious reasons.

also i might be running on 64 bit version. i'm on steam so does anyone know how to tell?

2 minutes ago, PHUZZYthecat said:

I installed all of the three thingys for B9. I expected to find all of the fuselages and cargo bays, but all there is is the wings and command pods, which i find annoying for obvious reasons.

Well something is probably installed incorrectly, but I don't know what based on what you've told me, so that leaves step 3: provide logs.

Just now, PHUZZYthecat said:

what the heck do you mean?????

As explained in this post (which I already linked in my first reply to you), please find your output_log.txt (or player.log on Linux/OSX) and upload it to somewhere like Dropbox or Google Drive, share it, and post the link so that I can see it.

1 hour ago, PHUZZYthecat said:

Sorry, i can be a little slow sometimes.

That's fine, but does it make sense now?  The post I linked guides you through how to find the logs, and about 90% of the time the problem can be identified immediately just by looking at them.

what folder in the ksp main folder is it? the page dosn't explain it simply enough for my tiny brain.

If you're on Windows, it will be in KSP_Data (which is inside your root KSP folder).  The filename is output_log.txt

Oh, and the self-deprecation is completely unnecessary.  Just follow the debugging instructions to the best of your abilities and ask for help when you need it.

something is wrong with my B9 aerospace:everytime i put in the gamedata B9partswitch,when it comes to the M1 adapter part the loading stops permantly without crashing the game.what is all about that?cuz when i delete the B9 partswitch i have husge bugs with the texture from fuel tanks and the nosecones are  doubled in each other.please repair this or please delete the B9 partswitch.on the 5.4.0 version i had no bugs with it.now with the B9partswitch i have:0.0:

Edited by arnotjeertjes
i wanted an emoticon

5 minutes ago, arnotjeertjes said:

something is wrong with my B9 aerospace:everytime i put in the gamedata B9partswitch,when it comes to the M1 adapter part the loading stops permantly without crashing the game.what is all about that?cuz when i delete the B9 partswitch i have husge bugs with the texture from fuel tanks and the nosecones are  doubled in each other.please repair this or please delete the B9 partswitch.on the 5.4.0 version i had no bugs with it.now with the B9partswitch i have:0.0:

Uhh you shouldn't have B9PartSwitch on 5.4.0 - it was added in 6.0.  Try uninstalling B9 and all of its dependencies and re-installing them.  If that doesn't work then let me see your logs - instructions on how to find them are in the first link in my signature.

@blowfish I don't intend to be negative here but... I've been playing around with the new setup for the medium jet pods. And Honestly I have to say I miss the way they used to work with the pylons as separate parts. In my case I built several seaplanes and  using the pylons to position the engines then attach each engine independently to allow me to reverse thrust on one side in order to maneuver in the water. Needing to place the pylon with the engine, I am no longer able to center the thrust nearly as accurately using the new integrated system. Also the overall size is now too large to fit most of my planes. Engines are dragging in the dirt or they are far to underpowered with TS (I totally understand you're not a fan) At first I loved the idea but I keep finding myself unable to use the engines the same way. Would you consider returning the default scale as well as the two piece design? I'm one for innovation and I really want to like the new design.

Anyway I think I've rambled enough and here is an example of the plane I'm talking about

https://youtu.be/YDfKH6MYBW0?t=1m26s

Edited by V8jester

@V8jester I do see how that I could be a problem.  However, I'm not sure how I could serve that use case without breaking a bunch of others.  In 1.0.5, the old medium jet pod became more or less completely redundant with the stock Wheezley, hence why I up-scaled it (and increased the thrust).

What I could do for you is create a set of custom configs that recreates the parts as they were.  But I'm away from home this week so I probably couldn't do it until next Sunday.

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

@V8jester I do see how that I could be a problem.  However, I'm not sure how I could serve that use case without breaking a bunch of others.  In 1.0.5, the old medium jet pod became more or less completely redundant with the stock Wheezley, hence why I up-scaled it (and increased the thrust).

What I could do for you is create a set of custom configs that recreates the parts as they were.  But I'm away from home this week so I probably couldn't do it until next Sunday.

Oh no worries at all man. I have tweaked it for now to re include the pylons. But I haven't messed with the default scale or power out put yet. I=That was going to be my next step. But I thought I'd throw that out there just the same. And take your time . I wasn't expecting you to bend to my demands :)

22 hours ago, blowfish said:

If you're on Windows, it will be in KSP_Data (which is inside your root KSP folder).  The filename is output_log.txt

Oh, and the self-deprecation is completely unnecessary.  Just follow the debugging instructions to the best of your abilities and ask for help when you need it.

I cant see anything going wrong with b9 in the log, but maybe you could, if you would be so kind.

I cant see anything going wrong with b9 in the log, but maybe you could, if you would be so kind.

That was my intention - the logs can be a little difficult to read without experience.  Upload the file somewhere, share it, and post the link so I can take a look.

Just now, PHUZZYthecat said:

OK, would docs work? I dont have much else to work with. if not plez suggest something.

Google docs is fine.  Just make sure to actually share the document so that it's not private :P

16 minutes ago, PHUZZYthecat said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9y3_N-CuNN5bE8yQUZJYTBNM2c/view?usp=sharing thats the link. the size is 3mb, so it takes forever to load.

You have installed B9 incorrectly.  You put the B9_Aerospace_6-0-1 folder in your GameData folder, whereas you should have put the contents of the B9 package's GameData folder into your existing GameData folder (B9_Aerospace, B9PartSwitch, etc, etc).  The same goes for legacy and HX.

E: Looks like you've made this mistake for a few other mods as well (KW for instance).  Might want to check that you've installed all of these correctly.

Edited by blowfish

wait, what? another part of it could have been that somehow(probably me not looking closely enough at what i was doing) firespitter ended up in the b9 gamedata folder. basicly what you're saying is, take the stuff in b9s gamedata folder, and put ti in the ksp gamedata folder?

could that have been the problem with my bd armoury that v8jester worked on?

5 minutes ago, PHUZZYthecat said:

wait, what? another part of it could have been that somehow(probably me not looking closely enough at what i was doing) firespitter ended up in the b9 gamedata folder. basicly what you're saying is, take the stuff in b9s gamedata folder, and put ti in the ksp gamedata folder?

Yes, that's how B9, and most mods for that matter, are installed.

6 minutes ago, PHUZZYthecat said:

could that have been the problem with my bd armoury that v8jester worked on?

Possibly, though I don't know what that problem was or what the structure of BD Armory's download is.

26 minutes ago, PHUZZYthecat said:

wierdly enough, the only thing it worked on was BD. mabye I installed wrong again?

I'd recommend starting with a clean install and adding mods one by one.  If something breaks and you can't figure it out, just post logs again - it's a lot easier than trying to guess at the problem.

On 3/7/2016 at 11:24 AM, blowfish said:

Also, if it requires changes in Unity, we may be out of luck until someone can get a hold of bac9, since I don't have access to any of the original source files.

@blowfish What source files would you need, and what version of B9 would they need to be from?

I have some older versions, which have some source files in them...??? I'm pretty sure these were actual releases, though, and NOT masters, so they may not have the files you would need?