[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

So first off I absolutely love this mod. It's the first one I apply everytime; fixes my troubles, makes my rockets look like rockets, etc. I am running into a glitch though that is making it so I can't use it though. Certain parts, when I place them, I can no longer place anything on them or remove them again. Specifically I've noticed this with anything in the command section (Lander Cans, Command Pods, etc.). I've noticed that if I place them first they stay able to be interacted with but otherwise, when I try to attach a girder for instance, the girder just passes through it. I've also noticed this on other parts outside of the command tab now such as the 4 kerbal 2.5m station/rocket piece (sorry I can't remember what it's called off the top of my head!). When I uninstall the mod the problem goes away. Please help! I need this mod in my life!

Under popular demand I'm going to attempt to make Stock Part Revamp compatible with WindowShine. Ven did you end up renaming any of the part meshes? If you used the default part meshes it would make the WindowShine config straight compatible. If not I would need a list of the new meshes :P.

EDIT: It appears as though the textures are already set up for window reflection. Lemme do some fiddling...

EDIT EDIT: I'm not sure how TR's reflections work with your textures/patches Ven. I'm unable for the time being to get your windows to reflect. :/

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Under popular demand I'm going to attempt to make Stock Part Revamp compatible with WindowShine. Ven did you end up renaming any of the part meshes? If you used the default part meshes it would make the WindowShine config straight compatible. If not I would need a list of the new meshes :P.

EDIT: It appears as though the textures are already set up for window reflection. Lemme do some fiddling...

EDIT EDIT: I'm not sure how TR's reflections work with your textures/patches Ven. I'm unable for the time being to get your windows to reflect. :/

The windows use floating geometry objects just above the actual windows, the exact names are in the Texture Replacer config.

Anyways, I've tweaked the config so they load after Windowshine, ideally taking care of the issue. Unfortunatly that little tweak is sitting in the github repo because because i keep getting distracted... freaking intake covers...

Was there ever a fix (or an already existing one) for using partly transparent flags on the Mk 1-2?

Also, love the mod! Its one of my mandatory installs. Everything looks just fantastic.

Welp, it looks like this:

6BF0A5E8B4ED3DD56E1A9A52EBC85BD5E8ABD23A

It pretty much only affects the Mk 1-2 pod, as that seems to be the only part you kept flag decals on. Regular flags work fine, but any flags with transparency cause that issue. Almost as if whatever controls the display of the decal can't handle the Alpha channel or something.

I encountered similar things when I was running Active Texture Management. Do you have that set up? Since textures were changed to DDS by default I haven't noticed much of an improvement with ATM so I removed it. I try to just stick with OpenGL mode to keep RAM usage down.

Love this mod been in my gamedata since the day I found it :). Don't know how you feel about requests Ven, so feel free to ignore this if you don't take them. I would love to see either a compatible texture for this mod or just your our vision of the backseat and flight package. I love those two parts and they just clash so much with your much better texture and style. I use bother currently, but dare not post screenshot due to the texture clash. Love the so much mod that's why I ask. Thank you!

Edited by Svm420

Welp' date=' it looks like this:

[url']http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/621843973295175851/6BF0A5E8B4ED3DD56E1A9A52EBC85BD5E8ABD23A/

It pretty much only affects the Mk 1-2 pod, as that seems to be the only part you kept flag decals on. Regular flags work fine, but any flags with transparency cause that issue. Almost as if whatever controls the display of the decal can't handle the Alpha channel or something.

That's with the Github config? It's so beautiful! :confused:

- As to the transparent flag issue, the way around that is to list all the part meshes while excluding the flag mesh in each part reflection module cfg. One of the more annoying features with the TRReflection module is how it decides which meshes it puts reflections on. If you don't list any meshes then it decides to put reflections on every mesh in that piece, including the flag mesh (If flags have reflectiveness applied to them it removes/replaces transparency with a black texture). To fix that you have to list which meshes you want reflections on and exclude the flag mesh - meaning you have to run a ksp.log mesh tracker and find all of the stock meshes. In the majority of cases the parts only have two meshes, one for the flag and one for the part texture, so it would be much less of a hassle if you listed which meshes you don't want reflections on as the flag mesh is usually the same name for every part while the part meshes have extremely varied names. I'm not sure if any of that made sense, but it's the best explanation I can give for the time being.

- Oh and Ven I just found your TR reflection plugin. Trying the github version with pruners right now.

- - - updated - - -

I just did a test run of WindowShine + your revamp and the WindowShine config breaks reflections on all the parts you revamped. It's probably because of the duplicate reflection modules in your config and mine. I can fix this by making a "Ven's Stock Revamp pack" for WindowShine that has a new config for only the parts you haven't revamped, which I was already planning on doing. :D

- - - double updated! - - -

Ven I got it working!

quaU2WM.jpg

I added a Ven's Stock Revamp pack to the main page of WindowShine.

- I wanted to note a few things to you (which you probably have already noticed). The Cupola and Mk2LanderCan don't have reflective windows... I'm not sure why but it's on your end of the configs as they weren't there even before I started messing with things. It's probably a cfg error or something idk.

- also a little personal note which you don't need to change but is a little annoying to me is that your redone windows have a different hue than the stock spaceplane windows. I've been using the mk2/mk3 windows as the baseline for window colors. If I really cared that much about it I could shift the hue of your windows manually. :P

Edited by Avera9eJoe

- As to the transparent flag issue, the way around that is to list all the part meshes while excluding the flag mesh in each part reflection module cfg. One of the more annoying features with the TRReflection module is how it decides which meshes it puts reflections on. If you don't list any meshes then it decides to put reflections on every mesh in that piece, including the flag mesh (If flags have reflectiveness applied to them it removes/replaces transparency with a black texture). To fix that you have to list which meshes you want reflections on and exclude the flag mesh - meaning you have to run a ksp.log mesh tracker and find all of the stock meshes. In the majority of cases the parts only have two meshes, one for the flag and one for the part texture, so it would be much less of a hassle if you listed which meshes you don't want reflections on as the flag mesh is usually the same name for every part while the part meshes have extremely varied names. I'm not sure if any of that made sense, but it's the best explanation I can give for the time being.

- Oh and Ven I just found your TR reflection plugin. Trying the github version with pruners right now.

- - - updated - - -

I just did a test run of WindowShine + your revamp and the WindowShine config breaks reflections on all the parts you revamped. It's probably because of the duplicate reflection modules in your config and mine. I can fix this by making a "Ven's Stock Revamp pack" for WindowShine that has a new config for only the parts you haven't revamped, which I was already planning on doing. :D

- - - double updated! - - -

Ven I got it working!

http://i.imgur.com/quaU2WM.jpg

I added a Ven's Stock Revamp pack to the main page of WindowShine.

- I wanted to note a few things to you (which you probably have already noticed). The Cupola and Mk2LanderCan don't have reflective windows... I'm not sure why but it's on your end of the configs as they weren't there even before I started messing with things. It's probably a cfg error or something idk.

- also a little personal note which you don't need to change but is a little annoying to me is that your redone windows have a different hue than the stock spaceplane windows. I've been using the mk2/mk3 windows as the baseline for window colors. If I really cared that much about it I could shift the hue of your windows manually. :P

Thank you for fixing this! :) My OCD was kicking in with having half my parts only having windowshine.

Nope, thats just the regular 1.8.1 download. Mine isn't tainted by the likes ATM, however, so its not blurred out.

And as for the transparency issue, I'm not gonna even touch that lol. While I'm sure I could do it, just too lazy.

Is there a pruner for the textures and models only used in the Part Bin parts? I don't use them, because I want to keep the stock parts only.

There's really no need for one actually, only one texture exists in the whole pack that is unique to an extra part (the 1-2 decoupler cap) and models are so tiny that no one needs to worry about them.

Just delete the Decoupler Cap texture and the entire Part Bin folder.

Ven! I've been playing KSP for years now and somehow just stumbled upon this. i decided to give it a try and installed it today. all i can say is WOW! I'm all about an aesthetically pleasing rocket, so im jumpin' for joy over this mod! thank you for delivering this to the KSP mod community. any plans for where this mod is headed next? i will follow it very closely and can't wait to see what else you have in store for us. cheers!

So the Mk 1-2 cockpit internals seemed to have been redone in the latest build on Github (not the official release) and that conflicts with Raster Prop Monitor so you won't have functional monitors in the Mk 1-2 command pod if you use the build and RPM at the same time! Just a heads up to anyone who uses both. Also, the new Mk 1 Inline Cockpit does not work with Windowshine even with the alternate config!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.