[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

anybody? no help with the reversed control surfaces?

;.;

They don't actually affect physics thankfully, but if you really want to get rid of the problem, go here and download the Pre-release build.

First of all, I really love this mod, keep the goodness coming Ven!

I need some help. I want to keep the regular one man capsule, as well as the small MK-16 parachute. What do I need to change in the configs so that I can see them again? If someone can help me (instructions on what entries to change/delete or a config that has these changes to download) I would be indebted.

Any feedback is vastly appreciated, cheers..C:

First of all, I really love this mod, keep the goodness coming Ven!

I need some help. I want to keep the regular one man capsule, as well as the small MK-16 parachute. What do I need to change in the configs so that I can see them again? If someone can help me (instructions on what entries to change/delete or a config that has these changes to download) I would be indebted.

Any feedback is vastly appreciated, cheers..C:

Add // before a part entry to disable it from spawning in, IE:

Inside the command config:

//@PART[mk1pod] {} (control+F to search if you cant find it)

Inside the Utility config:

//@PART[parachuteSingle] {}

then they shouldn't be ingame anymore. :)

I did that... but the control surfaces are still reversed. and It's really bugging me D:

Are you sure they are really reversed and not just counterintuitive physics? I had an argument with someone who said the control surfaces pointed the wrong way, when they were most certainly not.

Well when you hit S but the control surface on the tail goes down. >_> You may have a problem. or if you hit W and the same delta deluxe surfaces deflect up... same problem. the physics work as they should but the visuals are the only thing that are off.

Gimme a bit and I'll boot it up and show the issue in a gyazo Gif

Have any of you ran into weird scaling issues?

cfyTPVl.png

I thought maybe it was tweakscale, but if I remove Ven's then it appears to not have any issues.

Tried it on a clean install/save too and if I load that craft in and throw it in orbit, when I go back to it it's all out of whack.

Yes it was the root part.

Thanks for the info. Hmm, I'll try adding rescaleFactor to the part and see what happens.

Is there anyway to fix a ship that was already launched?

Edited by Nori

Hey Ven/whoever else knows the answer, suppose I wanted to keep Squad's original parts but have the nice retextured ones as well?

I have made a copy of the original Squad/Parts folder and renamed it something totally different, but the mod retextures those parts as well. Do I need to dive into the ModularManager configuration and change the paths manually?

Hey Ven/whoever else knows the answer, suppose I wanted to keep Squad's original parts but have the nice retextured ones as well?

I have made a copy of the original Squad/Parts folder and renamed it something totally different, but the mod retextures those parts as well. Do I need to dive into the ModularManager configuration and change the paths manually?

All you need to do is know which parts you want to remove, then go into the MM files and add // in front of the entry.

//@PART[Mark1-2Pod] {...}

Then the revamped part won't load.

Just make sure not to run the pruner files (or at least the ones that you modify), or the parts will cease to exist ingame.

The prerelease build is great, although there are a couple things I noticed that I'm not too sure I like.

The pointy thing on the Mk1 Cockpit certainly doesn't fit the proportions on the stock model, so that they would be pretty "messed with" indeed.

The parachute for the Mk1 pod is still either too small for the top of the pod, or the top of the pod is too big for the parachute.

The Delta-Deluxe Winglet is smaller than the AV-R8. Is this intentional?

The Communotron 88-88 is quite a bit larger in its stowed form than in stock, and has a plate on the bottom that would make surface attachment look very strange.

Landing Antennae (Antennas?) are no longer a thing, and the struts still don't line up properly.

Other than those few things, I LOVE IT. It's a wonderful mod and shows that there was a lot of time invested in it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.