Honestly, I'm just sick of JEb

RocketBlam

I know, he has developed a whole meme, but the reason that there are these "Jeb" memes is that every launch defaults to having him on board. And frankly, it's starting to annoy me. He is always flying the dang rockets!

It's gotten to the point where I will scrub a launch if I realize he's in the capsule.Technically you can replace him in the launch manifest, but due to some kind of a bug, you have to do that every time you launch. If you replace him once, he'll just come back later, like a bad penny.

I shouldn't care, he's just a Kerbal, but... I'm sick of Jeb hogging all the glory! There are a lot of other Kerbals that deserve their moment in the sun! Or the Kerbol!

There is a solution. One way mission. Give Jeb a base, or send him off on a long term job. (Or, park him next to the launchpad, where he can watch everything but not participate, for maximum evils.)

Edited by Tw1

Delete him from the persistence file, kill him (preferably with permadeath on), exile him anywhere that isn't right on the runway/launchpad. All accomplish your goal nicely.

Or, if you're up for more of a roleplay dynamic, get FinalFrontier and just pick your crew before every launch based on what they've already accomplished.

There is a solution. One way mission. Give Jeb a base, or send him off on a long term job. (Or, park him next to the launchpad, where he can watch everything but not participate, for maximum evils.)

This is what I have done. Jeb is on a small base, enjoying the scenery and the peace and quiet. On Ike. :D

Or, if you're up for more of a roleplay dynamic, get FinalFrontier and just pick your crew before every launch based on what they've already accomplished.

That's what I would do. I should probably get around to installing Final Frontier. The way I usually circumvent the Jeb Problem is that I run multiple missions at a time. Thus, many Kerbals get to fly to space, not just Jeb, Bill and Bob.

Build a car, drive them to VAB, have them climb to the VAB roof, and let them stand there to watch for your launches.

PS: My way. Build a rocket and crash at the VAB roof. Make sure they survive and ... well, let them stand there.

I have an rover with two hitchiker modules I stuff with unwanted kerbals and drive behind the hangar, rover is named work program.

It has one use, to be used as target then landing spaceplanes, then you is 4 km away you should not be more than 1500 meter up,

I wonder if regex's RandomCrew mod is still around now that he's not actively modding. That little plugin would, as the name implies, assign a random crew to each mission.

There's another one that I tried out that can randomize as well.. although really, my own preference would be a proper rotation...

That and being able to permanently set a seat on a craft to "Fill" or "Not Fill"...

Build a car, drive them to VAB, have them climb to the VAB roof, and let them stand there to watch for your launches.

PS: My way. Build a rocket and crash at the VAB roof. Make sure they survive and ... well, let them stand there.

That's a good solution. I was also going to suggest driving them to the monolith north of KSC. It's just outside the physics distance, if I recall.

It is possible to choose craw in VAB just before launch. I use typically one of three orange guys as boss of mission and choose white guys to other positions (just rolegaming). Sometimes I change all names to finnish ones but then I loose orange suits.

Yeah, I have Jeb hang out on a space station until he's needed to command some particularly important mission.

I go to great lengths to avoid the death of any Kerbal -- especially since adding life support and turning permadeath on. The ones who die despite my best efforts tend to get grandiose memorials (such as Bill Kerman Station, a 20-kerbal OKS space station in orbit around the Mun).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.