The 0.25 Waiting Room, now boarding passengers heading to Hypetown

Rowsdower

What Hype Vehicle Would You Rather Ride In?  

735 members have voted

1. 1. What Hype Vehicle Would You Rather Ride In?

• Shuttle
    • Plane
    • Train
    • Other

Oh dear, we are going to have this discussion over and over again. Read the closed thread, all your points have been commented on and countered.

Apparently not enough. Apparently we need to be much more vocal for Squad to stop ignoring what the players are asking for. Seems now they're just a group of guys who made lots of money and got quite popular, but now they just do what THEY want. You KNOW they're going through the forums and looking at mods and feature requests... But then one of them said "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we could blow up the buildings? Ya let's do that!" *closes the web browser*

So many fixes and requests for things that made sense, yet, they make something completely ridiculous... I'm sure it won't be long now that they'll start adding animals on the planet that you can feed and heard, and grow a garden to sell your vegetables and make money, not because anyone requested it, but just because they felt like it. Meanwhile, the actual parts of the game that people play continue to get ignored.

So many fixes and requests for things that made sense, yet, they make something completely ridiculous...

You obviously have not read any of the counter arguments, so please go do that before you complain. Having the same discussion over and over again is not a lot of fun and is only going to get this thread closed too.

Edit: this thread, reading the last page or 10 to 15 should suffice.

That's something that may get another look post-scope complete.

Ever have that sinking feeling that you said something just a bit off? After clearing my head for a bit and thinking on it, I wanted to go back and make sure I had this absolutely right, so here's a statement I made back in August.

As it happens, I mixed up my mays and my wills. Aero, along with many of the popular suggestions made in those threads *will* get a more thorough look post-scope complete but it *may or may not* make it in, as we are oft to not guarantee that sort of thing as a policy. That is our stance and I'm sticking to it. Now, aside from buying you all flowers and taking you all out on dates, a simple and humble apology is all I can offer for the (my) confusion.

While we're at it, it may do some good to also brush up on one of HarvesteR's from before 0.24. It tackles scope completion and the current development philosophy. Wondering about what comprises scope completion is and why some features may be developed ahead of others? That article's a good start.

Ok, now that this was nice and visible and the tar and feathers are still fresh, shall we get back to 0.25?

Well, I guess the unhappy people is just a byproduct of growing community. The more voices there are, the more different things we can hear.

I remember devs saying a long time ago that there will be destructible buildings at some point, so I don't see a problem with that. And I think it was the right time to implement that. Though I was excpecting the secret feature to be something not big, thus not being on the to-do list. I'm guessing the next step is going to be cities, then.

Though it would be nice if we finally got that stock aero fix.

Edited by Veeltch

Apparently not enough. Apparently we need to be much more vocal for Squad to stop ignoring what the players are asking for. Seems now they're just a group of guys who made lots of money and got quite popular, but now they just do what THEY want. You KNOW they're going through the forums and looking at mods and feature requests... But then one of them said "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we could blow up the buildings? Ya let's do that!" *closes the web browser*

So many fixes and requests for things that made sense, yet, they make something completely ridiculous... I'm sure it won't be long now that they'll start adding animals on the planet that you can feed and heard, and grow a garden to sell your vegetables and make money, not because anyone requested it, but just because they felt like it. Meanwhile, the actual parts of the game that people play continue to get ignored.

Let us not forget that this is not the only feature. They have implemented an improved nav ball and new space plane parts which were both asked for by us guys. The destructible buildings is just something extra. And they added the ability to turn it on and off, so we can all be happy, right?

I don't believe that the main part of 0.25 is the destructible buildings. They have loads of other stuff also!

Any ways back to hype, guys? Choo choo!

I I I....

I don't know what all this fuss is about.

What is wrong with destructible buildings?

I don't know how they did it, but it sure did need quite some framework, I imagine.

Oh, all the things that can be done with it!

Wait... CAN YOU DESTROY THE LIGHTS AT THE END OF THE RUNWAY?????????? FINALLY!!!!!!!! REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Okay, So, in preparation for our SSTO shuttle program, we will begin by launching a cluster-bomb ICBM at the runway's lights."

Wait... CAN YOU DESTROY THE LIGHTS AT THE END OF THE RUNWAY?????????? FINALLY!!!!!!!! REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder re-building is something you have to deliberately do, or if it's something that happens automatically. Theoretically, the Kerbals put it there because they must need it for something, but. I wonder if that new tower will cause problems for people making massive, p wings planes.

If it is cities they are working on, I hope they do a good job. Cities vary a lot, but ksp is limited by RAM. But if KSC is any clue, the are fond of hexagons, and those fit together well, and look good. Perhaps other houses would be spread about like terrain scatter.

I hope they keep any thing a fair distance from KSC....

Edited by Tw1

Everyone's talking about this surprise feature, but I'm really excited for this update. I'm interested to see how the strategies work out (my science returns take a hit as I concentrate on contracts), improved navball so I don't have to do the occasional flail through space to find the proper node, reworked Mk. 1 parts and new SP+ parts! (I don't use mods, but SP+ is very pretty). On top of all this cool stuff, we get an optional bonus of destructible buildings (My funds fear for the safety of the launchpad, I feel it will need to be repaired quite a bit)

Even though the official release date is SOONâ„¢, it kinda sounds like .25 will be out next week and I'm stoked!

I'm getting pretty excited for this. Destructible buildings are "eh" but I want to see where they go with it and what modders can do. I'm really wanting to play with the new parts (even though I already use SP+), explosion effects, and I like the navball improvements.

Also, Rows, I'll take the flowers and the date. I'm lonely. (lol)

I'm getting more and more hyped for SP+ parts (especially cargo bays), the difficulty settings/sliders and the various other nifty bits.

I'm also hoping that we have some bugfixes in the pipes too (I really hope that "can't make a maneuver node" was hit hard)...

Forgive me if someone else brought this up already...

Doesn't a destructible KSC spell the end of massively asparagus-staged rockets? I don't know how tough they made the launch pad, but I know that some of my older designs drop stages straight down on the launch pad early in the launch. Is this a roundabout way of encouraging more realistic rocket designs and/or ascent profiles?

... massively asparagus-staged rockets ... drop stages straight down on the launch pad ...

I use subassemblies for asparagus-boosters (the ones on the side), which have a Sepratron minirocket perfectly balanced to the empty center of mass. That way they always clear my rocket quickly when spend, so they don't take out other engines when they fall down (especially when packed tight together). I can imagine it'll also help in not dropping straight down onto the launch pad*.

* Safety of other buildings in the vicinity not guaranteed.

Edit: maybe boosters become usefull once again, making sure you're 2.5km up already before the first debris fallback hits the launchpad, starting the asparagus-stage after the boosters've been firing for a while. . .

Edited by Speijker