The 0.25 Waiting Room, now boarding passengers heading to Hypetown

Rowsdower

What Hype Vehicle Would You Rather Ride In?  

735 members have voted

1. 1. What Hype Vehicle Would You Rather Ride In?

• Shuttle
    • Plane
    • Train
    • Other

So, the secret feature was distructible Buildings. With fire. Excellent., this suits my plans perfectly...

Hypothesis: 0.26's big feature is semi breakable parts.

Concern 1: this sounds like it could use a lot of extra RAM, especially if mods begin integrating it. Hope 64 bit gets stable soon.

Concern 2: fast. water vehilces must be constructed with high impact tolerance parts, to survive the fought water physics. The break level is likely to be less than the destruction level, so may effect existing water vehicles, inconvenienat for me, at least.

I suspect lithbraking will be even less practical after this. But I am looking forward to it, it brings challenge and possibility.

I am a little disappointed new engine effects hasn't happened, but I guess we'll just have to wait. And I'm still holding out for better surface exploration opportunities eventually.

Yeah so... Rollercoaster Tycoon direction for the next couple patches... Huge new set of art design (UI? Different sizes of buildings?)... Destructable buildings being a huge part of 0.26....

I'm guessing starting with only a small part of the science building and a crummy VAB, having to pay to upgrade / build buildings.. I don't see the game mechanic for multiple locations yet, unless they also push the starting launch location off from the equator or otherwise make it useful to have multiple starting locations...? Dunno, definitely thinking it's the upgradable building tree :)

Ok, so that's over with. Now... WHAT WILL THE 0.26 SECRET FEATURE BE? DUN DUN DUN DUN

Propably upgradeable/unlockable buildings. It makes sense considering current direction in development (focus on adding new features related to the economy in campagin)

Propably upgradeable/unlockable buildings. It makes sense considering current direction in development (focus on adding new features related to the economy in campagin)

and totally useless unless you're playing career mode

I agree. There are at least two coding features that is part of this that would also be part of buildings one can upgrade:

1) ability to change how buildings look (or perhaps even exist) in the KSC

2) Likely ability to click on the building to purchase an upgrade (or in this case, repair the building) - though here I'm hypothesizing how that is going to work, but I would presume whatever method they have to repair would be how they would have you pay for an upgrade as well

The fact that the runway was in sections was interesting to me. I wonder if that means we'll get a short runway to being with and we can upgrade it to make it longer.

Is that really surprising? Didn't they effectively say sandbox was complete as of about .20 or so?

Edited by FleetAdmiralJ

Perhaps. But so are all the other major feaures in latest patch.

My guess is that Devs will call it a day when they're happy with campagin and simply swap version number to 1.0.

it might be sooner than people expect.

i didnt see the stream, i wantt to see some screenshots...

4kF3TkA.png

I love the idea of having to spent money on rebuilding things... Also, maybe the pool's texture should be changed slightly? Looks a bit off. Oh and while everyone was oooooing an ahhing at the explosions I happened to notice that the Whack-a-Kerbal now has an "ARM" button to turn it on or off (see above pic).

Ok, two questions:

Is the pool actually water or just a frozen solid block of "ice" meant to trick Kerbals into high diving onto it?

Second, how does the destroyed runway work? I get that we wont be able to launch stuff on it, but what if we tried to land a plane on it? Boom?

Edited by RocketPilot573

Flash news! No fixes to the aerodynamic until version 1.0

That's something that may get another look post-scope complete.

Ps. Looks like I nailed it with my post:

Perhaps. But so are all the other major feaures in latest patch.

My guess is that Devs will call it a day when they're happy with campagin and simply swap version number to 1.0.

it might be sooner than people expect.

What news flash, sky_walker? It's been stated in several other threads that things like aerodynamic improvements would likely (may or may not, though) get another glance post-scope complete. And P.S. this has nothing to do with 0.25.

It looks fairly terrible, I must say. The new style buildings look stunning, but I am just not too sure about that pool.

I think they said it's an earlier build and that the building was updated. hey devs can we see a screenshot of the current version?

I agree. There are at least two coding features that is part of this that would also be part of buildings one can upgrade:

1) ability to change how buildings look (or perhaps even exist) in the KSC

2) Likely ability to click on the building to purchase an upgrade (or in this case, repair the building) - though here I'm hypothesizing how that is going to work, but I would presume whatever method they have to repair would be how they would have you pay for an upgrade as well

The fact that the runway was in sections was interesting to me. I wonder if that means we'll get a short runway to being with and we can upgrade it to make it longer.

Is that really surprising? Didn't they effectively say sandbox was complete as of about .20 or so?

The fact that the runway blew up in sections makes me hope that we'll be able to construct and upgrade ksc as we see fit. I'm sure at least a few players besides myself would appreciate the ability to construct a north/south runway for polar orbits.

I feel the biggest part of the secret feature is the implications it has on making NEW buildings elsewhere

ALA think of upgrading the Island runway to a FULL runway? Or the secondary KSC into a full on KSC?

Theres a lot of possibilities out there even if it doesn't seem like it.

PS Kerbals can build pools, best new feature!

Wow, I really thought the secret feature was going to be anything BUT destructible buildings. As far as I know, it was one of the first guesses.

Well, i guess it didn't matter if it was something else or not, because it just made the hype level go up big time!

WHAT A WASTE OF MAN HOURS! So many things that can be worked on to improve or fix. But no! Destructible buildings!?!? Are you kidding me? I see the buildings for maybe 1% of my gameplay. When I leave, and sometimes when I return... And I'm sure it's the same for most players.... Pretty sure 99.9% of players don't give a crap about this... Everyone will spend 10 minutes crashing into buildings and then never do it again. Poor project management Squad.... Poor management...

WHAT A WASTE OF MAN HOURS! So many things that can be worked on to improve or fix. But no! Destructible buildings!?!? Are you kidding me? I see the buildings for maybe 1% of my gameplay. When I leave, and sometimes when I return... And I'm sure it's the same for most players.... Pretty sure 99.9% of players don't give a crap about this... Everyone will spend 10 minutes crashing into buildings and then never do it again. Poor project management Squad.... Poor management...

Oh dear, we are going to have this discussion over and over again. Read the closed thread, all your points have been commented on and countered.