Secret feature is completely underwhelming.

regex

So these are destructable buildings? Hahahahahahaha

As someone said in the other topic: youtubers will be happy, but that's pretty much where it ends.

It actually seems like there are a lot of people in that chat that were happy about it. Not all of them are Youtubers, surely.

So these are destructable buildings? Hahahahahahaha

As someone said in the other topic: youtubers will be happy, but that's pretty much where it ends.

Prediction: "What did you do in KSP today?" thread gets filled with screenshots captioned "I blew up KSC".

Underwhelming? You must be kidding.

No, actually, I had a feeling it was going to be a pretty useless secret feature. Again, it does open up the possibility for some neat things later, like maybe being able to rearrange the place.

:huh:

Am I the only one that really doesn't like this so called feature? I mean I fly safe and have no problem with the game but this really isn't something to get hyped about.

Obviously not, someone else made a thread about it being bad. :P

Destructible buildings. Yay.

Seconded. I'm a bit underwhelmed too. I thought they were going ahead with actual meaning for kerbals aside from just a randomly generated name (like, Final Frontier, and actual meaning to stats, experience, and possibly skills), and I figured that recruitment might be the small feature this time that leads into something big next time.

Oh well. The upgrading of KSC or whatever in 0.26 will probably be interesting, and some of the points discussed that weren't secrets were actually kinda nice (like the full throttle key).

Am I the only one that really doesn't like this so called feature?

No. Since I started playing, I can't say that I can ever remember running into a building. This seems like the sort of thing that might be fun once, and then pretty useless.

I don't mind it being in the game, but was it seriously worth all the hype and secrecy?

I thought it would be underwhelming, because I was fully expecting it. However...those explosions looked pretty darn awesome. And the way the buildings crumble is nicely done. Sure, it will get old fast, but the possibilities for 0.26 features because of this are great. It's a nice feature that didn't need to be added, but it's cool that it was.

My biggest question is, and maybe it's too soon to ask, but will modders be able to tap into this feature? That is, will we be able to mod in our very own buildings into the KSC and destroy them? Perhaps buildings that have mod-specific functions even?