[1.1] AFBW v1.7-beta (Joystick & controller mod)

nlight

hi everyone,

I recently flushed my ksp install to give a proper startup with the last update. 

I installed AFBW to use my Xbox controller, had to do the trick with the "oldpreset" option to get it to work, but now I encountered a little hickup. the mod doesn't want me to STAGE in any condition. 

I use a preset I kept before flushing the old install, and STAGE is configured on my start button on my XBox controller. When I try to stage I can see the throttle indicator move a bit, but no action happens there. I tried to remap it on an other input but it does not fix the problem. Space bar works as usual, but it is inconvenient to use with a controller in hand...

any idea to help me figure it out? 

thanks in advance

psychopoak: I have the same issue. It seems to be a problem with AFBW. I also get an exception message in "Exception Dectector" (that's a mod) when pressing assigned Stage button so...

UAL002: I am using latest AFBW with TrackIR in KSP 1.1.2 (64 bit) and the two get along nicely. But, I had to update the "TrackIRUnity.dll" file under [KSP Folder]\KSP_x64_Data\Managed to get TrackIR working properly even with just stock game. I can PM you a link to this updated file should you need it...

4 hours ago, Galenmacil said:

psychopoak: I have the same issue. It seems to be a problem with AFBW. I also get an exception message in "Exception Dectector" (that's a mod) when pressing assigned Stage button so...

ok, nice to see I am not the only one wit this issue. I've seen it reported on the github's bugtracker though, it should be adresed at one point (I hope)

but what exactly do you imply with the "excepetion detector"? that it is mainly due to the new version of the mod or to something else? cause the bugtracker report seems to have done everything needed to show it is a bug and not a compatibility issue

Anyway, I really hope we will have some fix or some workaround anytime soon

Hey @nlight when you get chance to look at this, would it be possible to add an option to change/disable the keyboard shortcut pls. I checked the config files but couldn't see anywhere to do it manually.

ok, it does not seems to pop any exception of any sort on my build, so I guess there should be a fix somehow... I will continue investigate but any help is welcome

nevermind, I took a look at the debug menu... it shows a constant stream of red "Xinput dll" so there is your problem... 

maybe I should go back to 1.6 instead of the beta, would it fix the exception?

Edited by psychopoak

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 9:12 PM, psychopoak said:

I installed AFBW to use my Xbox controller, had to do the trick with the "oldpreset" option to get it to work, but now I encountered a little hickup. the mod doesn't want me to STAGE in any condition. 

I got around this by setting the STAGE to a joystick button on the normal ksp inputs, and everything else is setup using AFBW.

10 hours ago, String said:

I got around this by setting the STAGE to a joystick button on the normal ksp inputs, and everything else is setup using AFBW.

DAMNED! this is pure genius! so simple and so beautiful it should works! Guess I forgot one of my most loved acronym when it comes to KSP : KISS which stands for Keep It Stupid Simple

but you're right, the mod still need some polishing but that is why it says "beta", anyway many thanks for the tricks.

Edited by psychopoak

I just wanted to report an issue that I had with this mod. I was using AFBW to connect a ps4 controller for atmospheric flight. Everything seemed to be working fine, however, after a few days of tech tree unlocking I got my first RCS thrusters, and noticed that when toggling RCS on, the fore thrusters were always stuck in the on position.
This occurred for every craft I could come up with for testing, and also occurred for every variant of RCS thrusters (MRS, KW Rocketry, SpaceY, and stock).

I unplugged the controller and also removed all of my AFBW bindings and even turned off the controller in AFBW, however, the bug persisted.

Finally I uninstalled AFBW and all craft are now working normally. No more stuck RCS. I'm not sure if there was an AFBW setting somewhere that was just wonky but I looked through everything and didn't see anything that would cause this.

drhay53: Did you manage to fix this problem? I thought of something which caused unexpected movement for me. There is an option in the "config.xml" file for this mod called "ignoreFlightCtrlState" (it can be changed in game in the mod option but i forgot the exact name). Trying setting this to 0 (disabled in game) if it is not already set.

1 minute ago, Galenmacil said:

drhay53: Did you manage to fix this problem? I thought of something which caused unexpected movement for me. There is an option in the "config.xml" file for this mod called "ignoreFlightCtrlState" (it can be changed in game in the mod option but i forgot the exact name). Trying setting this to 0 (disabled in game) if it is not already set.

I ended up just leaving AFBW uninstalled rather than trying to troubleshoot beyond the in-game options. I spent most of an evening of KSP time trying to sort out why the thrusters were stuck on, and then narrowing it down to AFBW, and then playing with all of the in-game settings trying to get rid of it. In the end I decided the mod wasn't valuable enough to me to spend any more time on it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2016 at 10:28 PM, ezfox said:

Changed config.xml but it didnt fix the problem for me.

Mentioned dlls are in KSP exec folder.

Did you resolve this? I'm getting the same with 1.1.2 and AFBW1.7

Edited config to use oldpreseteditor as described and the dll's are in the correct folder (same as game exe).

This joystick lag is killing me.

Thanks.

Edited by David9090
Fix found - Steam was launching in x86 not x64 even though I chose to launch x64 initially.

On 5/28/2016 at 11:19 PM, Grenartia said:

I can't find this on CKAN. Anyone else having the same problem?

I tried installing manually, and can't get it to work, and like I said before, it doesn't show up on CKAN.

On 02/06/2016 at 9:37 PM, Grenartia said:

I tried installing manually, and can't get it to work, and like I said before, it doesn't show up on CKAN.

Its not on ckan since its not been updated. It does however work fine (on windows) if you install it manually. Are you sure you installed the 2 dll files in the correct location i.e. the root of the ksp install.

I just want to say that this mod totally fixed my SideWinder Force Feedback Pro 2 joystick. I first had to remove all the axial mappings I had made in KSP's main menu and then boom, all the hard-right roll & yaw and hard-down pitch went away. Made an extra preset call "NoJoy" so I can quickly put the joystick away without fear of bumping it and sending my kerbals into the void!

I'm having an issue where config window is just a blank grey box... and 'cntl-L' does nothing..

so hoping this would work with my x-55...

Win8.1 64x 1.1.2...

thanks

5 hours ago, Galenmacil said:

Yes, that also worked for me.  Thank yo for posting the link.  This fixed that part for me, but when I open up the controller config widow, I pick my controller and when I attempt to close the mods' widows, I get a busy mouse and KSP has crashed.

There seem to be conflicting answers when I did a search, so I'll just come out and ask: does this mod work with a multiple USB HOTAS setup, like Saitek X-55? Or should I just stick with the default game system?