The next announced mod to get into stock ksp

smart013

I would have thought it would be something like the Navyfish docking UI. They did the enhanced navball last time and Kerbal is currently lacking a good docking interface. This would also allow you to dock IVA.

I can also see something like fine print being useful, to expand the current set of contracts and missions to include the asteroids. It would also be good to add space telescopes in as another way of getting early science and discovering new planets and moons to land on. I think I've seen something in the past that this was something they were debating adding. This would also be a good way of controlling the flow of the game, meaning you couldn't just do a probe round all the planets at low tech and harvest all the science. Discover it with a space telescope first, send probes, then manned flights later. It would be good if they added something to do impactor probes too, just like space agencies have always done.

Since we're all wildly speculating anyway. Maybe they're integrating some sort of fairings mod. MaxMaps mentioned that Harvester found a way to let cargo bays cancel out drag, so maybe they want to introduce a few new fairings parts.

Instead of procedural fairings, maybe they could implement a few stackable parts (like they did for cargo bays).

I would be a big fan of any mod that give me a reason to build space stations or satellites though.

Since we're all wildly speculating anyway. Maybe they're integrating some sort of fairings mod. MaxMaps mentioned that Harvester found a way to let cargo bays cancel out drag, so maybe they want to introduce a few new fairings parts.

Instead of procedural fairings, maybe they could implement a few stackable parts (like they did for cargo bays).

I would be a big fan of any mod that give me a reason to build space stations or satellites though.

Good guess. But it would probably be the new one, not the one everyone wants, because it's more modular rather than procedural. First thing I'd do is delete it to save RAM.

Why don't you just install Real Chutes when you use DRE then?

The stock chutes are fine for the stock atmosphere without DRE.

I do use RealChutes and DRE. But reguardless. The stock chutes are crap. They snap open and peg your g-meter. No good. I don't care if their "fine" they look and act like crap.

maybe it's.... KAS , or a stripped down simplified version of KAS. or only the abilities of KAS without the parts.

or it could be EVE, but that is probably not on their scope-schedule.

a kerbalised DRE maybe, but i highly doubt it.

It's Fine Print. Confirmed in the blog post. Great news, I think!

Completely agree. I love the variety of contracts in Fine Print and have been playing it ever since I discovered it. Creating bases and stations and satellites is much more interesting than grinding through a gazillion parts tests.

Oh... As I play sandbox that's a bit disappointing

Sandbox was completed months ago.

Don't expect anything new for that mode At a very most you can expect additions that benefit everyone - and 0.26 will have plenty of them. So quit complaining. ;)

Is there a "Another Useless Feature" mod? I'm sure they will implement it next! :D

With almost empty star system and rudimentary science, sandbox is far from complete. Sadly, SQUAD thinks otherwise.

Yay I love being right.

Only partially, Editor Extension with "unlimited" symmetry is not going to happen, only more partorganisation and unified editorscenes, but that will not mean that the SPH gets removed, only that the internal mechanic now uses only one scene instead of two different. but better editor gizmos will be a real present, the current ones can drive me crazy sometimes.

A great extension to the existing contract system, with more varied and interesting missions. Check it out here.

OK thanks, I will.

Only partially, Editor Extension with "unlimited" symmetry is not going to happen, only more partorganisation and unified editorscenes, but that will not mean that the SPH gets removed, only that the internal mechanic now uses only one scene instead of two different. but better editor gizmos will be a real present, the current ones can drive me crazy sometimes.

Yeah I edited it when I realised I was wrong.. :blush:

Is there a "Another Useless Feature" mod? I'm sure they will implement it next! :D

With almost empty star system and rudimentary science, sandbox is far from complete. Sadly, SQUAD thinks otherwise.

Well, it is feature complete. After all, there is only some much you can put in a sandbox, other than sand (~= parts and celestial bodies) before it becomes something else than a sandbox. Thus, for now Squad is mostly concentrating getting career into that feature complete state as well. We shouldn't expect much in the way of balancing stuff or more planets before then, and even so, more biomes! :-)

Well, it is feature complete. After all, there is only some much you can put in a sandbox...

"Feature complete" is just words, Squad words at that. It doesn't mean they cannot/will not/will not want to add things. For instance, the feature of having planets doesn't mean they won't add more. The feature of a navball was "complete" many moons ago, but that didn't stop them from adding functionality. Sandbox is no more 'done' or complete than any other aspect of the game.

Don't be silly. Fine Print is and excellent mod that saves devs time implementing something that needed to be stock anyway (cause current contracts are... uh... bad.).

sandbox is far from complete..

Sandbox IS completed. What you are talking about are features independed on a game mode.

"Feature complete" is just words, Squad words at that. It doesn't mean they cannot/will not/will not want to add things. For instance, the feature of having planets doesn't mean they won't add more.

Noone implied anything you speak of. We're all aware that development will continue after the release of 1.0.

Edited by Sky_walker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.