[Part][0.90] KerTex Explosives (K-Tex) v1.2

gesture68

Hi Kerbaleers,

I've created an explosive new mod called KerTex (as in Semtex). Attach the device to any part using KAS, click on the device, set the explosion radius between 1m and 25m and press the BOOOM! button to detonate (mind the safe distance!). Any part or Kerbal within the explosion radius (EVA safe distance is 5x the explosion radius) will explode!

It's intended to be used with KAS, and should therefore be placed AFTER launch, and not during editing in either the VAB or the SPH, although it can be done. I've set the maximum temperature of the KerTex (or K-Tex for short) to only 150 degrees, so it will explode pretty easily. If you don't want to use KAS and attach it during editing I advise you to change the maximum temperature in the part.cfg.

Dependencies:

* KSPApiExtensions

Highly recommended:

* KAS (Kerbal Attachment Systems)

Recommended:

* Universal Storage

Versions:

1.0 : Initial release (18-oct-2014)

1.1 : Added an EVA safe distance indicator in the detonator window (7-nov-2014)

1.2 : Support for KSP v0.90. NOTE: Since this mod uses KSPAPIExtensions and the latter is not yet updated to v0.90, you'll get an incompatible warning during the loading screen. This can however be safely ignored.

Get the mod at [Moderator removed defunct website link]

screen1.png?dl=1

screen2.png?dl=1

screen3.png?dl=1

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

This is cool! I like it more than TAC explosives. The heat limit and minimum safe distance is a nice touch. If I can make a suggestion, maybe include a readout of how far away you are (or your focused vessel is) from the explosives.

Thanks for the possitive reactions.

You can check it out by pointing the cursor on the vessel, it will show (most of the time, in purple) the vessel distance. Just remember to add some meters for safety. Although it is possible I might add a distance readout in the future!

**EDIT**

The new version 1.1 now has an indicator for safe EVA distance in the detonator window!

Edited by gesture68
New version (1.1) released

• 2 weeks later...
Very cool mod. For your explosions are you checking if other objects are within radius of the explosion?

Yes. Although I'd rather have liked the explosionforce to cause the damage, I could not find the impact of explosions in the API code. So what I did was find ALL parts within the explosion radius (calculated within a sphere) and make them explode.

Yes. Although I'd rather have liked the explosionforce to cause the damage, I could not find the impact of explosions in the API code. So what I did was find ALL parts within the explosion radius (calculated within a sphere) and make them explode.

After seeing this mod I went and remade it for a learning experience. I also was looking for some sort of force modifier but couldn't find one. So I did the same thing, I gathered all objects within a radius of the root part on the vessel. I also went ahead and made a small model to test with http://imgur.com/bMTEvNm I also made some personal preference stuff, Hotkey to toggle the menu and a displayfor distance away from the explosive. Really cool mod and it has brought me joy in using it and recreating it.

After seeing this mod I went and remade it for a learning experience. I also was looking for some sort of force modifier but couldn't find one. So I did the same thing, I gathered all objects within a radius of the root part on the vessel. I also went ahead and made a small model to test with http://imgur.com/bMTEvNm I also made some personal preference stuff, Hotkey to toggle the menu and a displayfor distance away from the explosive. Really cool mod and it has brought me joy in using it and recreating it.

Good job! I'm also still looking for a way to make the device blow up buildings as well, but again I can't find it in the API.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like the sound of a mod like this, but I'm unable to even load the game with the .dll present in the gamedata folder. The loading process stalls when it gets to the point of loading the KerTex.dll file. If i remove the dll the game loads fine. Any help with this would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Wanted to bump this thread into the spotlight once more. KIS has explosives.... But no remote detonate explosives.

I would love to utilize this plugin in my FPS mod. But I lack the necessary skills to troubleshoot and update the plugin. Hopefully someone out there with the knowledge can update this someday. 

54 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Wanted to bump this thread into the spotlight once more. KIS has explosives.... But no remote detonate explosives.

I would love to utilize this plugin in my FPS mod. But I lack the necessary skills to troubleshoot and update the plugin. Hopefully someone out there with the knowledge can update this someday. 

Hey all we'd really like to get hold of the copy of the source for this mod if anybody has it still stashed  away a link would be appreciated

On 2/23/2016 at 2:34 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hey all we'd really like to get hold of the copy of the source for this mod if anybody has it still stashed  away a link would be appreciated

According to the page currently up on Kerbal Stuff

"All of the mods hosted on Kerbal Stuff are available via this torrent."

[Defunct link removed by a moderator]

Is it possible to somehow download Kertex from this torrent.

This is just a random guess a I have never dealt with torrents before.

I hope this somehow helps.

P.S. Cant wait for the  "New and improved Boomsticks arriving shortly"!!!:D

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.