Some additional MK2 Space plane parts

First off, porkjets space plane parts are great! and ive been having a great time building stuff.:D

while I've been building, I have noticed there are some parts I would really like to have to complete the set.

MK2 Nosecone Cargo Door. A hollow nose cone that opens up to release a small payload or could be combined with the other cargo bays to house a larger payload. you could also just put a docking port,an engine or just ballast in there.

+Retractable Loading ramp to complement Nose cone cargo doors. should be similar dimensions to Telus-LV Bay Mobility Enhancer (the long ladder) but a ramp (with collision). for driving vehicles in and out of cargo bays.

MK2 decoupler. not much more to say. its a decoupler that fits inline with MK2 part set.

MK2 Bulkhead. basically just a simple flat endcap, roughly the size of the MK2 size probe core, to go on the end of your cargo bay. this could also be used as a spacer and maybe it could also be a battery or reaction wheel?

+MK2 to 2.5m adapter. pretty self explanatory.

+Heavier Landing gear. A larger landing gear with two or four wheels. and adjustable height.

all these would be useful in the up coming revamped MK3 part set too.

please feel free to suggest any additional parts. :kiss:

Edited by Capt Snuggler
added more parts to list.

I'm totally with you on this. I posted a thread here a few days ago however begging for a regular (i.e. not a command pod and equal torque in all 3 axes) inline reaction wheel module in the Mk2 shape and got no love whatsoever. At least my complaining about that will give you one reply!

I'm with ya, bro.

You know what else? All the stuff we have for Mk2 size now + these 3 suggestions in Mk3 size. The Mk3 is never used and just a waste of computer memory. If they made it more useful I'd play with it 24/7!

oh, those would definitely look goods. So unless they have technical operatives I think SQUAD would be fools not to add them.

There might be a bit of disparity with rocket parts, but I always hoped there would have more of them later anyway.

Not sure about the decoupler though, spaceplane and rockets are two different things. I can't imagine a plane breaking itself up as it flies, it seems weird.

Tell that to the Steerwing D45. :)

I really like the nosecone bay idea, not so sure about the ramp, though. Unless you made a platform out of structural bits... in any case, that would require much more advanced collision and contact detection, like friction (there's a whole other thread for that).

And I've said before that bigger landing gear = moar happy. Why are there 3 kinds of rocket landing legs and only 1 type of spaceplane gear?

Tell that to the Steerwing D45. :)

I really like the nosecone bay idea, not so sure about the ramp, though. Unless you made a platform out of structural bits... in any case, that would require much more advanced collision and contact detection, like friction (there's a whole other thread for that).

And I've said before that bigger landing gear = moar happy. Why are there 3 kinds of rocket landing legs and only 1 type of spaceplane gear?

And a dozen rockets and only three jets. Nerf the turbo, give us some rams and scrams. At the moment it's pretty much 100% RAPIER or turbo/minirocket combos. There's more variety in design to be had.

I'm less bothered by how they do it, but we need some way of getting rovers in and out of cargo bays. Landing gear is on the way (sometime...); PJ is working on it.

New stock landing gear is long, long over due.

I know, right? Seriously, we have a dozen different kinds of wings, 3 kinds of rover wheels, 4 types of parachutes, and 3 sizes of lander legs. We really should have at least a couple more options for landing gear. Bonus points if it could fold into the body of our spaceplanes like landing gear on real aircraft.

• 6 months later...

MK2 Nosecone Cargo Door. A hollow nose cone that opens up to release a small payload or could be combined with the other cargo bays to house a larger payload. you could also just put a docking port,an engine or just ballast in there.

Thatd be a great part! You could add small payloads to your crew planes without having to add an extra cargo bay for it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.