KSP Nostalgia..

sjwt

Well it looks like I lost the screenshots, but I remember not having docking ports in the 0.18 demo, so I used a pair of landing leg claws to link two ships together. I also wanted to test my interplanetary skills before buying the full version, so I just flung myself into solar orbit and waited an in-game year before returning.

The old space center in the demo gives me fond memories (I'm really glad they removed the launch-tower, even though it was before my time). Do you thnk SQUAD will use some rendering of the old KSC buildings as part of the building list for 0.90?

The old space center in the demo gives me fond memories (I'm really glad they removed the launch-tower, even though it was before my time). Do you thnk SQUAD will use some rendering of the old KSC buildings as part of the building list for 0.90?

:0.0:

Could... could they have us start with a revamped version of the old KSC? That would be great! A single tracking station disk, a smaller VAB and SPH, make them look like the old buildings... I would love it. Maybe even an option for a launch tower? If it was made destructible, I'd have my revenge. :mad::D

The old KSC buildings are still present on Kerbin if you know where to look. :)

I remember being so pumped after my first successful return trip to the Mun with an 8 tank + RCS craft (we measured small craft in fuel tanks back then, it was the style at the time)

No nodes, no saves, no second chances and had to get to Munar orbit and home on RCS alone, seat of your pants flying and so much fun :)

When clearing the tower was a thing, a.k.a. this old friend:

Launchpad.png

I wish I had a better picture on hand, oh well.

To be fair, as annoying as it was, the tower did make launches look pretty nice. (Those new 3.75 diameter parts we have would probably dwarf the thing though).

I remember back in the way early days when there was just a handful of parts. The whole install fit on this old flash drive I had. So like any good, productive high schooler at the time I passed it out to everyone, even got it on the school wide F:/ drive. I think it's still there too. Very early version though, free of coarse. Good times. The early ones were always my favorite just because of the sheer amount of mods available at the time. Like I said, just a handful of parts, probably less than a dozen, so if you wanted something then you downloaded it. I remember sitting there for the better part of an hour waiting for KSP to load up.

LOADING... LOADING... LOADING...

I think the best thing the devs did was add a loading bar XD. Man the old mod parts were great, mind blowing too compared to how simple KSP was then. NovaPunch, C7 Aero Pack. Ugh there are so many more but I can't think of the rest off the top of my head. Oh and game updates. Man that was huge! I was so sad to see the game go feature complete (congrats) because it meant no new awesome stuff. The Mun, Map View, Maneuver Nodes, Docking, OTHER PLANETS?! KSP has come a long way. Although I do miss seeing HarvesteR in the forums as much as he used to be. Not that I ever post anyways :P

EDIT: Does anyone else remember kerbalspaceprogam.net?

Edited by WhiteThane

*Boldly walks into the bar, sits to the counter and orders a random stirred, not shaken double martini with vodka*

I may seem to you, ol' space wolves as an unsuspicious space kid, as a tourist of some sort. I've never been there before the landing legs. I don't remember ye olde MK1 cockpit with three occupants. When the shadow kraken was still prowling the gloomy wilds of the dark side of kerbin, i was still just a kiddie, barely walking and flying bottle rockets. But hey, even I have some stuff to add.

*Takes a sip of the drink, and makes a silly face because has never tasted alcohol before*

I was there back in 0.17 for the first time. I was probably barely able to fire an engine. I thought that I'd get to the orbit by simply putting the most powerful engine available under the smallest tank possible and fire it. I remember the late launch tower, may she rest in peace. But I was never concerned by it, because anything I built was doomed to explode even without it.

I remember the old times when I didn't use SAS on rockets, because it controlled the flight surfaces and made my craft spinning wildly, accelerating the dismemberment caused by lack of struts or even worse, the warp kraken.

*Orders a coke, because alcohol is simply too much*

It seems like yesterday to me, when someone (I think it was mr. Comrade Jenkens) here on forums was conducting testing of the almighty K-Drive. I also remember - It must have been about the same time - my excitement when I was approaching Mun with my finger over the spacebar, anticipating the final descent, the sheer amount of joy caused when I touched down on the side of one of th we mun's craters, and I remember when I almost threw my PC out of the window, because the rocket has tipped over (Or capsized? It's a space ship...).

*Stands up and lifts the glass of coke*

Now, Brothers and sisters, let's raise a glass over these good old memories. May they always be there when we feel down from blowing up our super-duper space stations or accidentally crashing spaceplanes into the runway. Cheers

/awfulcoment

Now seriously, to prove all that, I remember firing this to space to launch a satellite to LKO:

dkacIoZ.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 11/2/2014 at 3:29 PM, WhiteThane said:

EDIT: Does anyone else remember kerbalspaceprogam.net?

omg i remember trying the ridiculous sized engine it had in 0.18.4 and not realizing that the mod was out of date.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.