Hello and Welcome!

Moach

Hello everyone! I have been playing since 0.18 but I have just decided to make an account so I can share some of my stories and receive help from some of the more veteran players.

I have been lurking here for a while and I can tell that this a great community! Thank you all, and happy rocketeering!

Can someone please tell me where to post KSP scripts and stories? I'm thinking of doing some to see what people think.

If by scripts you mean game modifying code, then go to the add-on subforum here.

If by scripts you mean stories, then go to the either KSP Fanworks. There are also subforums in Fanworks. You can pick which to post in based on what kind of script/story you are doing.

Welcome to the forums! :D

I have come across a few bugs. What is the process of reporting/determining what has already been reported?

Thanks

If you haven't already figured it out, check the Support & Bugs forum. There is also a sticky which explains what kind of information to post to help us figure out your problem.

Welcome to the forum! :D

Question: If I have already started a career mode save and after I research some parts, then add some new mods, will they be available if they were in part of the research tree i already researched before adding the new mods?

For the most part, yes. You will likely have to go to the science center and repurchase any newly added parts, but it should be pretty straight forward.

Bear in mind that many mods are in the process of being updated. Please have patience with the mod developers while they catch up.

Welcome back! :D

~Claw

Edited by Claw
condensing

Good day to everyone.

I'm a starting Kerbal engineer, And like making things. Rovers are very dear to me, and i enjoy building them. I am also making things up in orbit like space stations and shuttles. Still cannot fly planes too well,but i can land

I've been playing ksp for just under a month now and I'm getting very comfortable within the Kerbin/Mun/Minmus system. I'm even getting a good handle on rendezvous and docking. Just wanted to say thanks to the community for all the help. I never would've even gotten this far without all the great information and tutorials. Thanks guys! Fly safe!

Hello MC28 and welcome to the forum.

For pictures on this forum, you will need to upload to an external service like Imgur.com, and copy the link they provide into your posts. Most of these services are free.

Hello all,

This is my first post in this forum so I hope this is the right place.

In KSP you have two views (ship & map) if you go into map view on the right hand side of the screen about half way up are two buttons. One gives you ship info (Red Tab) the other gives you crew info (Red tab) but sometimes these two buttons give you info about the planet / moon that you’re in the influence of. With a Green tab. unfortunately I have no idea how to switch from the Red tab (ship info) to the blue tab (planet info) Does anyone know????

That box displays the info about whichever object you are currently focussed upon. The tab key focuses on the next on the next object in the set, while backspace takes you directly to the ship you are currently flying.

(And welcome to the forum. :D )

This is my second post in the forum. I was too eager to comment on a released mod that I made an account just to do so... :D . That said, I've been playing since ~0.18, first with the demo and then very rapidly afterwards on Steam. I cannot get over how fantastic a game this is. Modding makes it better, but without the base game, those would fall seriously short. The learning curve is steep, but the sheer sense of accomplishment when finally 'getting' a concept is overwhelming (Orbital Rendezvous eluded me for a long time.

I've been playing on-and-off for about a year, and I've wanted to join the forums for quite a while... I just never got around to doing so.

a few questions:

1: How do I set my profile picture? (I've got an awesome screenshot of a warship aerobraking over Duna)

2: How do I put pictures in my posts?

3: How do I do pictures in general?

Hello, uh, alphanumeric string, and welcome to the forum. :D

1. Your membership is limited at first as a way to screen out spambots. After you post a few more times, though, those restrictions will automatically be lifted and you will be able to personalize your profile.

2. You will need to upload your pictures to a free service like Imgur.com, and then copy-paste the links they provide into your forum posts.

3. Not sure what you mean by this. The F1 key takes screenshots in KSP, and puts them in a "screenshots" folder within your game folder.

Hi! Thanks for the warm welcome! I have been playing KSP for quite some time and it's really addicting. I only found the forums not that long ago, and really, it's cool. I found KSP on sale for steam and I thought to myself 'Well, this might be good but let me check YouTube' After watching a couple of Scott Manly videos I bought it with some bday money I saved up. I made the right decision when I bought it.

Hi, i would like to express my frustration about the current "new users procedure", although i guess its not a very serious issue but still...

It would be great if the first three post would appear on the forum with timestamps according when a moderator approved them not when they were posted by the user.

Now (if i am right) i have to "spam" three post if i have a question i would like to ask in an active thread, otherwise by the time my post would be approved and appear in the thread there will be already tons of new post so my simple question will simply sink and be forever forgotten (at least thats what happened with my first post).

I've been having so much fun with this game since buying it during a Steam Sale towards the middle of .23.5 / ARM update. Was a bit confused with the whole "new user" thing, thought it was time-based (you know, waiting a day or two) instead of post-based.

As a random note, who else has a tendency to overbuild rockets to the point that they actually lose efficiency?

Hello all! Downloaded KSP Demo this morning. Managed to complete all the tutorials and have successfully launched a Kerbal5 rocket into orbit, completed an EVA, and splashed down safely just south of the Space Base! Didn't manage to land on the Mun, though. Anyway, loads of fun; decided I may as well buy the full version.