KOSMOS 3/14/2015 RD-170 Family Released!

Is there any chance that this will be released today?

http://media.giphy.com/media/FDNwDxv9LZkas/giphy.gif

Hell if Know. probably not. NMB is getting forums stuff ready and such. It's been a while since we released anything so we are rusty :D

this is the 5 time I designed a RD-170 nozzle and this is by far the best and the quickest. What even is the spider that rides the nozzle....

RD-170_1.png

Hell if Know. probably not. NMB is getting forums stuff ready and such. It's been a while since we released anything so we are rusty :D

this is the 5 time I designed a RD-170 nozzle and this is by far the best and the quickest. What even is the spider that rides the nozzle....

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1417259/find/RD-170_1.png

Ok........

sad_okay.gif

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1417259/find/RD-170_1.png

Damn, your work looks top notch as always! All seems in place according to the specifications: http://lpre.de/energomash/RD-170/index.htm (I don't know if you use this site for the infos, but it has everything for some russian engines)

Will the Balka solar panels still be included? I think those are the most important parts for me. Mainly because of their shape and output.

I can't imagine why they wouldn't. I am not part of the dev team in anyway but I would say people might riot of those panels aren't included.

Hmm. IDK.. they are a little buggy.....

How do you all feel aobut the 1.25 Meter engines square mounts? Would you have perfered that they were round?

Don't even tease!!! Those are the most important part of the pack!

Hmm. IDK.. they are a little buggy.....

How do you all feel aobut the 1.25 Meter engines square mounts? Would you have perfered that they were round?

I like the square mounts, they make your engines unique. I wouldn't complain if they were round, as they would fit on more tank types (even if I don't see why use other tanks, *wink*), plus thanks to the MODEL{} system we can add the square bottom assembly to other tanks too with little efforts, I think.

If you really feel creative, you could re-make the engines with a "main" mesh and multiple "adapter" meshes combined with MODEL, and switch them with the *redacted*, if MOARdv implements that function. ;)

(Also about the panels, since people want them so much, you can include a notice about their buggines in the description)

EDIT: damn you ninja :D If you're asking the mount for the RD-170, keep it consistent please. Squared if you mean to leave the old one squared.

Edited by Sage
gotta go fast

Don't get me wrong, those look really nice. But... I see no parts that are actually new. Even that big station could, IIRC, be built with the old KOSMOS. Are there any new addition you're just keeping hidden?

As for the mounts, square look good.

Don't get me wrong, those look really nice. But... I see no parts that are actually new. Even that big station could, IIRC, be built with the old KOSMOS. Are there any new addition you're just keeping hidden?

As for the mounts, square look good.

CBBP just said that the first relase will be a compatibility update, so probably not. They might slip in a surprise, but don't count on it.

Wow, I missed out on the old KOSMOS, but these look great. Do they have IVA's?

The VA command pod has an IVA. The other parts do not. They don't have hatches either, so you'll have to use Crew Manifest to move crew to them - IIRC, the stock crew transfer thingy requires hatches to be present on both parts, although I'm not certain.