That Awkward Moment When...

Lhathron the Elf

Nice idea how ever I think you would be better off putting this in the space lounge.

My most embarrassing moment is on my way back from Jool. I used TAC life support and I was almost back but I time warped past kerbin. (I should have hit it ) I ran out of life support and my 9 kerbals died.

Edited by worir4

Nice idea how ever I think you would be better off putting this in the space lounge.

My most embarrassing moment is on my way back from Jool. I used TAC life support and I was almost back but I time warped past kerbin. (I should have hit it ) I ran out of life support and my 9 kerbals died.

Lots of my landings look like that, come in at 600 meter attitude over the hills west of runway, then going down pretty fast to 100 meter, pull up to drain speed then down again then speed drops

After many hours getting all the science from all the biomes of Minmus, I build this Ion Rescue ship to fetch the crew back home.

So I try landing on minus near the ship and even tho I'm aimed on the node and should be vertical, I slam the ground at something that looked like 30 m/s of lateral velocity.

I reload and manage to crash again and again... much to the pleasure of my friends watching me play... Only to realize I had the compass set to "Orbital" and not surface... well duh!

Then I load all the science up and head to Kerban... loving my Ion craft. Get a nice intercept and landing. So I press spacebar... *Click* *click* no chutes open... "Oh for the love of f***** god, ... is happening again"

*Click* *click* *Click* *click* *Click* *click* *Click* *click* *Click* *click* CRAAAASSSSSSHHHHH !

Oh.... oh damn.... :blush: Who forgot the parachutes ? :sealed:

What an evening... So many newb mistakes.

I had a similar situation. I was using a hybrid fuel-ion engine, and thought I had enough for Duna with TAC LS. Turns out, I didn't. Jeb was on. Permadeath. Sent a rescue mission and saved him with a few months to spare.

Pretty much self explanatory:

66Lc24D.png

Plane went uncontrollable during takeoff and I had to use my ill-balanced emergency salvation system.

For the awkward fails, I'd mention tailstrikes. They happen to me pretty much weekly, and it's always the most outrageous thing that can happen.

rsn7HSt.png

Edited by InterCity

When I throttle up, hit spacebar, and wonder why the rocket isn't moving. Did I have the TWR that close to 1?

When I realise it's an errant launch clamp in the wrong stage.

When I release that clamp and the rocket drops because it had TWR less than 1!

Just after I stated playing I did something that HAUNTS me to this day.

I attempted to land on the Mun...with a parachute.

I did that when I first started playing KSP.

And one of my my embarassing moments is when I get a huge interplanetary craft all the way into orbit and it's too heavy to turn and I forgot RCS thrusters so I have to revert all the way back and then that time I realize I forgot a return stage and have to revert again and then I forget something else... It's an endless struggle, which is why I stopped trying to do interplanetary stuff.

Playing on Hard Mode, spend a solid 30 mins designing a new ship to science up the Mun. Used over half my budget, but if successful, I'll have plenty enough resources to continue.

Launch it fine, get it to LMO fine, start to science and realize I forgot a Comm. Not too big a problem, I can still return to LKO, de-orbit, and collect the science that way.

Start my burn to LKO, and... out of fuel.

Launch a rescue vessel with most of my remaining funds, meet up with the stranded ship, and... out of fuel.

Welp, time for a new career! :P

Over the past week I've been running my first manned mission to the Joolean system, with the U.K.S. Equinox and its four-man crew. Basically the mission was to flyby each of the moons and collect far and near science, then dock at Space Station Destiny orbiting the gas giant and catch the next Kerbin return window. I completed the mission (fulfilling enough contracts along the way to easily afford three new Legacy-class ships) and began rendezvousing with the station with around 2500m/s left in the tanks. Well, turns out getting a low equatorial orbit from out by Bop is harder than I thought, and even some gravity assists barely gave me enough to get there. I finally docked with less than 100m/s to spare and refuelled ... now I have 1500m/s to get home. Sigh.

That awkward moment when...

...Moho is Illuminati confirmed:

GiqCDUFl.png

...Jebediah takes a selfie:

bDnW3bJl.png

...one of your pilots is scared of the plane's yoke.

hsR4zp9l.png

...SD70ACes fly.

08pHntVl.png

...Kerbals fly.

QoYvoagl.png

...all the featured streamers are playing the-game-that-shall-not-be-named:

EpWcudkl.png

...the Koctor invades your save file.

L6maOgLl.png

...I have no idea.

XvPi2VUl.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.