[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

BahamutoD

Its it just me ... or does anyone else get this filling of ... where did I go wrong when you see ppl like...BahamutoD, Roverdude, keptin, alexustas, Mihara, kospy44, Quiznos323 and many many more (so many more) make all these epic mods. I mean the make these amazing things and do it for free. I cant even cook without getting overwhelmed ... Oh well at least my cats love me.

Thank you for your Epic work BahamutoD, as always its beautiful.

Oh well at least my cats love me.

Message for you sir!...

"Oh it's not that. We just like the fact you bring delicious treats and clean out the sandbox. Those are the only things that are saving you from a midnight smothering. Now I believe there's a wide scattering of litter in the area of the sandbox. Go fulfill your purpose and leave the warm, soft, low-wheeled-platform and the noisy-tiled bed next to the glowing window for us to occupy.

Sincerely,

The Cats (your somewhat disdainful overlords)"

Update v1.1.0

- KSP 1.0+ Compatibility

- Added large gear set

- Forked FSWheel and related classes (Firespitter no longer required)

- Added brake torque tweakable

- Added part scale tweakable

- Fixed reversed motor issue

- Negative leg angle

- Smoothed steering

- Fixed steering direction based on location on vessel

- Other bugfixes

Known issues

- Lag sometimes when looking at/adjusting tweakscale sliders

- Part cost and mass do not scale with part scale

- Shielding does not actually provide heat shielding (just color)

- I didn't take the gear alignment guide lines from FS so.. no guide lines for now.

Let me know if you find more issues.

HatefulLankyAmericantoad.gif

Edited by BahamutoD

Nice! :D

I would recommend distributing the next version with DDS textures, which save significant memory and loading time. You don't have many textures here so it's not going to make a world of difference but when you have a large number of mods installed every bit counts!

These are very awesome. Definite must have mod. I just wish we had landing legs like these ;']

Edward

I was just thinking that, actually landing legs need to be adjustable in the field for leveling of structures

So, when I launch with these wheels they fall through the ground and don't animate at all. I've heard that extra FireSpitter.dll files might cause this, and I looked for extras but found none. Has anyone else had this problem/knows how to fix it?

So, when I launch with these wheels they fall through the ground and don't animate at all. I've heard that extra FireSpitter.dll files might cause this, and I looked for extras but found none. Has anyone else had this problem/knows how to fix it?

Firespitter.dll is no longer a dependency, but you need an up-to-date version of BDAnimationModules.dll, which is included in the download.

nuFAR determines the voxel profile of an aircraft to determine drag. For some reason, adjustable landing gears always show up with a bulky cube, bringing huge amount of drag in nuFAR. Stock gears are fine.

I forgot to mention that in the new version, I made the bounding box get destroyed on start, so see if this gets rid of the bulky cube in nuFAR.

It's back! And better than ever too. Are bogie wheels any easier now? I know the community has spend a long time trying to figure those out, but it seems like vnilla is built to handle it now.

I'd been wishing for this!

Yes, the new large landing gear are 'bogies'.

The new code actually supports bogies that tilt up like this but I decided not to keep it in because it would mean that the gear couldn't be placed backwards. If you want it like that though, you can go into bdAdjLGLarge.cfg and change 'defaultWheelAlignment = 0' to -30 or something.

Edited by BahamutoD

I love the bogies! only the Medium wheels seem to be working. when I adjust the small or the bogies my game becomes VERY choppy and nothing happens with the small or medium wheels.

EDIT: Smalls are fine. Game gets chuggy also when I edit a 2nd set of medium wheels.

1dGlLtt.jpg

9OpevCk.png

Edited by stali79