[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

The Rangers will be ready when Shryq has time to work on them. I don't have any control over that.

I would make a cinematic but the computer I play KSP on isn't really powerful enough to run it on high quality and screen capture at the same time. Much as I'd love to I don't think a cinematic will happen, at least from me. If anyone else wants to then that'd be brilliant though.

If I may ask, can I have the 3D models for the Endurance, Modules, Lander... etc? I would like to create some 3D renders with them.

The Rangers will be ready when Shryq has time to work on them. I don't have any control over that.

I would make a cinematic but the computer I play KSP on isn't really powerful enough to run it on high quality and screen capture at the same time. Much as I'd love to I don't think a cinematic will happen, at least from me. If anyone else wants to then that'd be brilliant though.

Already ahead of you. ;)

I've been buys with school, but I just started reworking the landing gear today. I have them animated and exported into unity. Just gotta figure out the colliders, and i'll have the ranger in an alpha state, with a workable cockpit.

You should still be able to get the kerbals out by clicking EVA on their portraits. I'm looking into the hatch unclickable bug! No idea why it's happening.

Glad you guys like the Lander! Any feedback on balance/resource levels etc etc?

OK, no problem then, I wasn't sure if it was something going on my end. Take your time this is already an amazing mod.

I have you covered. My rig is beast. I tried to make the docking scene, however I can't afford any video editing program with my pocket money atm so yeah. This might not be the best but I tried it :wink:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_XAOQI5YInbUm11MGtUa3RTblU/view?usp=sharing

I have you covered. My rig is beast. I tried to make the docking scene, however I can't afford any video editing program with my pocket money atm so yeah. This might not be the best but I tried it :wink:

Nice job! There's plenty of free video editing software out there, especially if you just want to put some music over it. Even Blender has a video editing function. You should take a look, would be great to see it with the music!

I've been buys with school, but I just started reworking the landing gear today. I have them animated and exported into unity. Just gotta figure out the colliders, and i'll have the ranger in an alpha state, with a workable cockpit.

Awesome. I look forward to it & take your time, IRL stuff always comes first!

Update with new Lander configs and a deadly reentry patch will probably come Friday as I'm busy tonight and tomorrow.

Here is the Interstellar pack

This mod

Plus

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/2mvrvu/my_new_interstellar_inspired_eva_suit_also_a_wip/

And the Astronomer's Visual Pack Interstellar V2

- - - Updated - - -

I love this

But I agree you should put No Time For Caution in the video

If you do that it will become a great Youtube video!!

Here is the Interstellar pack

This mod

Plus

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/2mvrvu/my_new_interstellar_inspired_eva_suit_also_a_wip/

And the Astronomer's Visual Pack Interstellar V2

- - - Updated - - -

I love this

But I agree you should put No Time For Caution in the video

If you do that it will become a great Youtube video!!

Thanks for the feedback! Anybody is free to edit the video and upload it as long as they give credit! :)

I can't add no time for caution since I lack the IQ to edit the video. Windows movie maker is being a little **** so I cant add music. Anyways can't wait for this mod to be complete!

Edited by L4rg3Singularity
wanted to add more things

checked out the parts today, everything is looking awesome, one note on the lander. Can the Lander's main engine be a separate part? reason being users with mods like deadly reentry have consequences to heat buildup, seeing as the hull is an engine in this case i basically catch fire by using the main engines in atmosphere. but so far so good! love your work!

checked out the parts today, everything is looking awesome, one note on the lander. Can the Lander's main engine be a separate part? reason being users with mods like deadly reentry have consequences to heat buildup, seeing as the hull is an engine in this case i basically catch fire by using the main engines in atmosphere. but so far so good! love your work!

I originally had it set up like that with the engines separate, but the trouble with this is that as the fuel drains from the fuselage the centre of mass slips backwards and makes VTOL impossible. I'm currently focusing on making everything work with stock but I'll bundle some DRE configs with the next update and maybe that'll help fix the problem. Or failing that just increase the maxtemp value so it won't overheat.

Benjee, can I make you a request?

The Lander, to my surprise, is an amazing flying machine when FAR is included. It has inate Lifting-Body abilities that make it work like a wing, and it's angle of attack can be extremely high before it stalls.

There is one problem, tough. The Vertical Landing is very hard, because due to the Lander's inate aerodynamic properties, when moving to a parallel-to-horizon position, after braking off all horizontal speed, the Ship regains it's Horizontal movement.

I can cope with this and manage to reduce the touchdown speed to something around 8, 9 m/s. But on landing/impact, the Lander Fuselage is destroyed, while the engines survive.

What I am asking is, would it be possible to crank the fuselage impact resistance to 15 m/s so it is on part with the VTO/L Engines?

Benjee, can I make you a request?

The Lander, to my surprise, is an amazing flying machine when FAR is included. It has inate Lifting-Body abilities that make it work like a wing, and it's angle of attack can be extremely high before it stalls.

There is one problem, tough. The Vertical Landing is very hard, because due to the Lander's inate aerodynamic properties, when moving to a parallel-to-horizon position, after braking off all horizontal speed, the Ship regains it's Horizontal movement.

I can cope with this and manage to reduce the touchdown speed to something around 8, 9 m/s. But on landing/impact, the Lander Fuselage is destroyed, while the engines survive.

What I am asking is, would it be possible to crank the fuselage impact resistance to 15 m/s so it is on part with the VTO/L Engines?

Yeah I've noticed some issues with the fuselage crash tolerance. I'll look into it and work that out for next release! Glad to know it works well with FAR as well!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.