[1.0.4] Endurance (from Interstellar) [DISCONTINUED]

benjee10

Just now, JPLRepo said:

Yes, but it doesn't work in KSP 1.0.5. I'm working on a revival to re-release it for KSP 1.0.5.

Just now, JPLRepo said:

Yes, but it doesn't work in KSP 1.0.5. I'm working on a revival to re-release it for KSP 1.0.5.

can u give it to me

or upload the files

10 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

10 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

oh then it wont work, do u know how long it will be until a new version is out.

15 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

That is great to hear! Looking forward to the finished result. Already many thanks in advsance, keep up the good work!

Daf

@HAMMERZ - PM them to me... although going by that detail might have to wait until KSP 1.1 drops to have the memory for them in game.
Update on the Revivial:

Finished and working in KSP 1.0.5:
Endurance Ring, Docking ports, Colony parts (boxes, Flag, Habitat, Science) - new colliders
Lander - new colliders, re-done engine emissives, VTOL emissives.
Updated config files for 1.0.5 for all parts. and latest KIS, etc.
Fixed Science module (new data processing) and habitat hatch was broken.
Endurance main engine working.

Still to be done:
Fix colliders on the Endurance ring parts (command, logistics, crew, etc).
Double check didn't miss anything.
Test, start an Endurance REvival thread and release.

Ideas for updates once all going in 1.0.5:
Investigate fixes for MechJeb and KER DeltaV readouts compatibliity.
Finalise all IVAs.
DeepFreeze mod IVA.
Make all IVAs and parts with windows JSI TransparentPod compatible.

Edited by JPLRepo

6 minutes ago, googbo said:
9 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

@HAMMERZ

9 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

@HAMMERZ -I managed to find a copy of the mod but when docking at the endurance there are invisible walls stopping me from gettting close to the docking port do u know if this bug will be removed in your copy.

That quote is not my quote. There are invisible walls in KSP 1.0.5 because the models colliders are broken.
I am in the process of reviving and rebuilding them. and yes, my WIP Revival has this fixed.
I wasn't aware of anyone else working on reviving this mod. If so, let me know so we can collaborate. Hammerz had offered official textures - but looking at them, I don't think KSP could handle them.

Edited by JPLRepo

Quick Update on the Revival. Lots of progress has been made.
The Lander, Ranger, Viper, Ground parts,The Endurance ring, endurance Parts (command,logistics, etc), the Endurance main engine, fuel, storage, etc have all had their colliders and attach nodes fixed.  So they all now function in 1.0.5.
About the only thing I have left is to do a couple of tweaks to a few parts and I need to fix the hatch on the ground habitat part (it's glitching). Then we will be into clean-up, preparations and testing for re-release. I hope by the weekend or end of the weekend. (Weather permitting :sticktongue:)

Edited by JPLRepo

UPDATE: The Revamp is getting close now.. Entering Testing phase....
Looking for one other tester who has played with this mod before and familiar with it. Any volunteers?

Edited by JPLRepo

On 3 March 2016 at 9:24 AM, JPLRepo said:

Looking for one other tester who has played with this mod before and familiar with it. Any volunteers?

I have played with an old version of the mod and I am willing to help

Edited by googbo

On 3/3/2016 at 2:24 AM, JPLRepo said:

I can maybe help! Though you can give the tests to 'googbo', he seems like a huge fan of this mod ;)

Edited by Kerbl101

9 minutes ago, Kerbl101 said:

I can maybe help! Though you can give the tests to 'googbo', he seems like a huge fan of this mod ;)

Thanks. Yes @googbo and @Dafni (and myself) are on the case. We've completed three rounds of testing and fixing already. My list is getting shorter. Hope to get something out (and a new thread - Benjee has given his blessing) by the end of the weekend. Fingers crossed. 

Just now, JPLRepo said:

Thanks. Yes @googbo and @Dafni (and myself) are on the case. We've completed three rounds of testing and fixing already. My list is getting shorter. Hope to get something out (and a new thread - Benjee has given his blessing) by the end of the weekend. Fingers crossed. 

Come across any bugs during the tests? It sounds pretty stable now.

2 minutes ago, Kerbl101 said:

Come across any bugs during the tests? It sounds pretty stable now.

Lots of model and config file bugs... most are ironed out. And I've made some changes and improvements. But more about that on the new thread when I'm done. :sticktongue:

6 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

If you send me the mod i an test it for you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.