[1.4] SpaceY Heavy-Lifter Parts Pack v1.17.1 (2018-04-02)

NecroBones

10 minutes ago, Mokmo said:

I'm having a bit of an issue with the 7.5m, 5m and 3.75m port. Seems the "Enable/disable staging" aren't working. 
The configs are similar to the stock ports that work. 

Might be a bad mod interaction or something. I just ran a quick test with the 5m port and it worked as expected. I tried having only one of the two connected ports stage, and it still detached.

Is it an old vessel, or one you just built? Anything built from scratch should work, but you never know how KSP bugs and various mods will interact. :wink:

1 hour ago, NecroBones said:

Might be a bad mod interaction or something. I just ran a quick test with the 5m port and it worked as expected. I tried having only one of the two connected ports stage, and it still detached.

Is it an old vessel, or one you just built? Anything built from scratch should work, but you never know how KSP bugs and various mods will interact. :wink:

I'll try to get more info, will get back to you probably tomorrow on that

1 minute ago, toric5 said:

the service bays in this, spaceY expanded, and lithobrake tech all are translucent in the vab, no matter the mouse position.

Yeah, 1.1 changed how the transparency works. I'm not sure how to fix it, since the screen radius settings are still there.

2 hours ago, NecroBones said:

Yeah, 1.1 changed how the transparency works. I'm not sure how to fix it, since the screen radius settings are still there.

@nli2work gave me a tip to fix this. I'll be putting out fixes pretty soon.

1 hour ago, MerlinsMaster said:

Hey guys.  Is anyone else getting Z-fighting on the fuel tanks in 1.1?

31 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Probably just means you don't have the latest InterstellarFuelSwitch.

Yup, or it's not installed properly, or something along those lines. Or ModuleManger is out of date and isn't processing the rules properly. Check out the troubleshooting in the OP.

@NecroBones

Should there be an "=" in the size and scale? If so, your 10R radial SRB is missing quite a few of them, and has been for a while (since ye olde days of 1.0.5, and current as of 1.1). And all of the 0.625m ones...I would hazard a guess and to say we have a copy-paste pandemic on our hands:0.0:. (Edit: I checked the rest, and it seems it's just those; 1.875, 2.5, etc seem fine.)

MODEL_PARTICLE
			{
				modelName = Squad/FX/SRB_LargeSparks
				transformName = fxTransform
				emission = 0.0 0.0
				emission = 0.05 0.0
				emission = 0.075 0.25
				emission = 1.0 0.8
				speed = 0.0 0.5
				speed = 1.0 1.2
				size 0.0 0.2
				size 1.0 0.5
				scale 0.0 0.2
				scale 1.0 0.3			}

Edited by Deimos Rast

5 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

@NecroBones

Should there be an "=" in the size and scale? If so, your 10R radial SRB is missing quite a few of them, and has been for a while (since ye olde days of 1.0.5, and current as of 1.1). And all of the 0.625m ones...I would hazard a guess and to say we have a copy-paste pandemic on our hands:0.0:

Ah yep, I can fix those. Those settings only function with SmokeScreen installed anyway, so it wouldn't have made a huge difference. Good catch though, thanks! :)

1 hour ago, gamerscircle said:

Sorry to bother, but recently the plumes from my SpaceY seem to be al pixelated.  Can someone suggest where i can start to look for what might be causing this?

Do you have a screenshot? I've never heard of this.

I will upload one.. I swapped out for a stock SRB just too make sure..   Also, rebuilding the ocean didn't seem to help.

Just now, gamerscircle said:

I will upload one.. I swapped out for a stock SRB just too make sure..   Also, rebuilding the ocean didn't seem to help.

Here is an image the blue atmo at the mun

http://imgur.com/6b2xOnr

2 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Did you link the right pic, @gamerscircle? In that one there are no SpaceY parts or exhaust plumes.

What the heck.. I think my browser cached something on me.  

http://imgur.com/UEKyCrQ  ,  http://imgur.com/ZjC3mVi  ,  http://imgur.com/UEKyCrQ

This is with the Globe X SRB

Edited by gamerscircle

12 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

What the heck.. I think my browser cached something on me.  

http://imgur.com/UEKyCrQ  ,  http://imgur.com/ZjC3mVi  ,  http://imgur.com/UEKyCrQ

This is with the Globe X SRB

Yeah, I have no idea what could possibly cause that, other than a bad mod interaction, or something going on with your KSP install. I'd try deleting and reinstalling SpaceY, but also see if you have other mods that affect how the shaders are used, or how particle emitters work, and try removing or reinstalling those as well. If you have KSP through steam, I'd probably also try running a repair.

22 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Yeah, I have no idea what could possibly cause that, other than a bad mod interaction, or something going on with your KSP install. I'd try deleting and reinstalling SpaceY, but also see if you have other mods that affect how the shaders are used, or how particle emitters work, and try removing or reinstalling those as well. If you have KSP through steam, I'd probably also try running a repair.

Will do , thank you for the support and the mod.

1 hour ago, NecroBones said:

I went back and did the mod by mod install and found the issue.  From the mod KSPRC, I pulled from their TextureReplacer folder the .dds files for the planets.  There are other files as well, but it would seem that [smoke.dds, Smoke_Sprites_Dense.dds, Smoke_Sprites_Med.dds & rocketplume2.dds] were the root problem.  I removed them and now it appears all if back to where it was.

Thank you again for the support.

11 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

I went back and did the mod by mod install and found the issue.  From the mod KSPRC, I pulled from their TextureReplacer folder the .dds files for the planets.  There are other files as well, but it would seem that [smoke.dds, Smoke_Sprites_Dense.dds, Smoke_Sprites_Med.dds & rocketplume2.dds] were the root problem.  I removed them and now it appears all if back to where it was.

Thank you again for the support.

Great! Yeah, that looked like a strange problem. Glad you have it working.

Updated:

1.12.2 (2016-04-25) - Tweaks.
 - More search keywords on engines.
 - Added colliders setting for procedural fairing base.
 - Updated heat shield's staging settings to match stock changes in 1.1.
 - Fixed the "always transparent" problem in the VAB for the service/cargo bays.
 - Tech Tree nodes are no longer hidden if empty.
 - Corrected some copy/paste mistakes with SmokeScreen rescaling settings for the small SRB particle emitters.

Do you have plans to rework the landing legs? They are very simplistic and wouldn't make much sense in reality, with those huge, unaerodynamic hinges and lack of structural support when extended. I guess they could look a bit more like Falcon 9's legs. They also angle too low in most cases, for some engines like the Mammoth it's fine but most of the time the ground clearance is excessive, which moves the CoM higher and makes landing harder. It would be great if the deploy limit could be adjusted like with cargo bays. A smaller model for 2.5m launchers would be awesome too!

Yeah it's something I've wanted to revisit for a long time. The high clearance is specifically because of large engines like the mammoth, but yeah, they're not quite SpaceX legs. :) I've avoided working on legs while 1.1 was in development since I didn't know what would change, but the conversion isn't too bad.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.