[1.4] SpaceY Heavy-Lifter Parts Pack v1.17.1 (2018-04-02)

NecroBones

Also, on the topic of the interstage adapters, would it be possible to make them multi-node for different lengths? Right now there's 2 parts for a short or long interstage in 2.5->1.25, but seems like only long versions of larger ones exist. Different heights done by having more than one node would be a nice way to have more options with less parts.

10 hours ago, Rodger said:

Also, on the topic of the interstage adapters, would it be possible to make them multi-node for different lengths? Right now there's 2 parts for a short or long interstage in 2.5->1.25, but seems like only long versions of larger ones exist. Different heights done by having more than one node would be a nice way to have more options with less parts.

Normally that's what I would do, but I ran into problems with the shorter nodes interfering with placing engines in them, if the nodes were really close to where the bottom of the engine would sit, depending on the length of the engine you were using. The engine would often prefer to connect to the bottom node for the shroud, instead of at the top. This was a case of favoring ease of use.

Yeah that makes sense. I guess one way to get around it would be toggle-able bottom nodes, so you can turn off the bottom node to attach the engine, but I don't know how hard that would be. I normally get around it on other parts which do have multi nodes by attaching something else (fairly long) to the bottom of the engine, then that node on the engine won't be trying to snap to anything.

14 hours ago, NecroBones said:

Normally that's what I would do, but I ran into problems with the shorter nodes interfering with placing engines in them, if the nodes were really close to where the bottom of the engine would sit, depending on the length of the engine you were using. The engine would often prefer to connect to the bottom node for the shroud, instead of at the top. This was a case of favoring ease of use.

You might be able to use the new structural nodes to get around this as they can be toggled on and off. Turn them off to place your engine and then turn them on to place the next stage. This is the system the fairings use but they seem to be fairly flexible. Roverdude has used them to create multiple node setups with different models/textures for the Tundra parts in MKS. I also used them to replace the shrouds Ven was using for 1.25/2.5 engine nodes in Ven's revamp.

• 3 weeks later...

@PART[SYdocking*|SYprobe*|SYplate*|SYadapter*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
        passable = true
    }
}

thinking you may have taken a left turn in albuquerque on this one.

probably should throw in a needs connected living space in there somewhere right? 

every time I jump frop ship to ship in space map, this happend, some wierd disk shape pull out from entire rocket body, jettison shroud from that engine is also wrong.

I resize them with tweakscale

any ideas what may trigger this weird behavior and how to fix it ?

JLERCri.png

EDIT: they go away after i reload the game for good

EDIT2:..nop, they dont :(

vC8nocV.png

Edited by GERULA

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 5:49 PM, COL.R.Neville said:

@PART[SYdocking*|SYprobe*|SYplate*|SYadapter*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
        passable = true
    }
}

thinking you may have taken a left turn in albuquerque on this one.

probably should throw in a needs connected living space in there somewhere right? 

Actually this was already discussed, and the change is in place for the next update. I haven't pushed it out by itself because it doesn't break anything. It just creates some log spam if you don't have Connected Living Space.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 10:41 AM, GERULA said:

every time I jump frop ship to ship in space map, this happend, some wierd disk shape pull out from entire rocket body, jettison shroud from that engine is also wrong.

Unfortunately it's a stock bug. I don't have a work-around, other than to maybe get rid of the end-cap shrouds on those tanks. I don't know if people still get value out of those or not.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 3:10 PM, Neoxon said:

Hey, I downloaded your mod but can I also get your flag decal? I been wanting a good looking sapce X flag for a while

It's in the mod's folder, under "Flags". It should show up in game, if you have the mod installed.

5 hours ago, Garlik said:

Hi guys,

I see SpaceY expanded is released for KSP 1.2.1. But oddly, SpaceY itself is not yet for 1.2.1 though it is a dependency for exented.
Am I wrong somewhere?

It's fine for 1.2.1. It didn't need any changes. The AVC version info sets 1.2 as the minimum version, but doesn't set a maximum. CKAN should also have the correct versioning, since it's updated as 1.2.1 on Spacedock.

• 3 weeks later...

Bug report:  SpaceY has a tech tree node for massiveRocketry, which conflicts with the Engineering Tech Tree.  

I'd do this on Github, but, I don't see a github repo:

Fix is to add the following changes:

File:  0_TechTree.cfg

At line 30:
@TechTree:FOR[SpaceY]:NEEDS[!ETT]

At line 93:
@TechTree:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree&!ETT]:FOR[SpaceYtree]

Hi Necro,

I removed most my other mods and still I'm seeing the tech tree Massive Structure node but none of the other Massive nodes appear. The only spacey parts that appear in VAB are the big separation and the quad-mainsail structure. Can you plz help me get SpaceY parts working? Here's a log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30684938/KSP.log  thanks for help :)

Can I make a request for compatibility with the Engineering Tech Tree? Could you add "NEEDS[!ETT]" to the nodes that you add to the tech tree?

The vanilla ETT doesn't need it because it uses some special plugin that doesn't use the MM tech tree, but I wrote a mod that instead makes the ETT use the MM patch and the changes it makes to it. So now there are at least three duplicate nodes (massiveRocketry, giganticRocketry, and colossalRocketry) added by both SpaceY and the ETT.

Thanks!:)

On 12/25/2016 at 0:57 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Bug report:  SpaceY has a tech tree node for massiveRocketry, which conflicts with the Engineering Tech Tree.  

I'd do this on Github, but, I don't see a github repo:

Fix is to add the following changes:

File:  0_TechTree.cfg

At line 30:
@TechTree:FOR[SpaceY]:NEEDS[!ETT]

At line 93:
@TechTree:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree&!ETT]:FOR[SpaceYtree]

I assume you mean line 9 for that first one. I have these changes ready for the next update. I'll probably push an update out soon, even though all I'm sitting on are "NEEDS" updates for a few different things now.

On 1/1/2017 at 6:11 AM, ev0 said:

Can I make a request for compatibility with the Engineering Tech Tree? Could you add "NEEDS[!ETT]" to the nodes that you add to the tech tree?

The vanilla ETT doesn't need it because it uses some special plugin that doesn't use the MM tech tree, but I wrote a mod that instead makes the ETT use the MM patch and the changes it makes to it. So now there are at least three duplicate nodes (massiveRocketry, giganticRocketry, and colossalRocketry) added by both SpaceY and the ETT.

Thanks!:)

Yep, just hadn't gotten to the previous bug report about that yet, since I was away for the holidays. I'll get a fix out pretty soon.

Updated:

1.15.1 (2017-01-03) - Compatibility Update.
 - Added "NEEDS" conditionals for ConnectedLivingSpace and EngineIgnitor patches, to clean up log spam.
 - EngineIgnitor patches moved to their own file in the patches folder.
 - Added "NEEDS" conditionals for Engineering Tech Tree compatibility.

On 12/28/2016 at 1:41 PM, jimmywa said:

Hi Necro,

I removed most my other mods and still I'm seeing the tech tree Massive Structure node but none of the other Massive nodes appear. The only spacey parts that appear in VAB are the big separation and the quad-mainsail structure. Can you plz help me get SpaceY parts working? Here's a log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30684938/KSP.log  thanks for help :)

It's hard to tell exactly, but it looks like it's a modified version of SpaceY? The folder name appears to be "SpaceY-Lifters-4", and it has rules for "ETT", which I hadn't added yet until today. I really can only debug it when it's a pristine copy of SpaceY.

It's possible that the rules are stepping on each other. In fact, the new Engineering Tech Tree rules I just added might need some testing (I don't have it installed). I used nonstandard names for the "Massive" tech nodes, and it attempts to use those if no other tech tree mods are installed. I might still need to add some patch rules for specific parts.

9 hours ago, NecroBones said:

Thanks for taking the time to look at it. today's release works for me! Parts appear in VAB.

Ya the rules I added per linuxgurugamer's post (I'm not a coder) and the -4 I guess I had multiple copies in Downloads folder. 

Thanks !! :) 

Updated:

1.15.1 (2017-01-03) - Compatibility Update.
 - Added "NEEDS" conditionals for ConnectedLivingSpace and EngineIgnitor patches, to clean up log spam.
 - EngineIgnitor patches moved to their own file in the patches folder.
 - Added "NEEDS" conditionals for Engineering Tech Tree compatibility.

It's hard to tell exactly, but it looks like it's a modified version of SpaceY? The folder name appears to be "SpaceY-Lifters-4", and it has rules for "ETT", which I hadn't added yet until today. I really can only debug it when it's a pristine copy of SpaceY.

It's possible that the rules are stepping on each other. In fact, the new Engineering Tech Tree rules I just added might need some testing (I don't have it installed). I used nonstandard names for the "Massive" tech nodes, and it attempts to use those if no other tech tree mods are installed. I might still need to add some patch rules for specific parts.

On 25/11/2016 at 1:41 PM, GERULA said:

JLERCri.png

EDIT: they go away after i reload the game for good

EDIT2:..nop, they dont :(

vC8nocV.png

I have the same problem, but i never found out the mod that causes the problem :(

I dont think SpaceY is the problematic mod, because it happens even with ships that dont use any SpaceY parts.

3 hours ago, LitaAlto said:

I love SpaceY so much, I made the first of a two-part tribute. Part two should be in a couple weeks.

If this seems particularly silly, I blame sleep deprivation -- which, incidentally, makes for particularly silly rockets.

I hope you like it, @NecroBones!

Awesome!  LOL at:  10.. 9... SPACEBAR!

1 hour ago, Freds said:

I have the same problem, but i never found out the mod that causes the problem :(

I dont think SpaceY is the problematic mod, because it happens even with ships that dont use any SpaceY parts.

49 minutes ago, Vahal said:

I have the same issue but doubt too that's related to SpaceY

It's a stock bug in the 1.2.X versions. It's just more noticeable in SpaceY, because of the disk end-caps for the tanks. I've been tempted to remove those, but I don't know how much people are attached to them for some rocket builds.

3 hours ago, NecroBones said:

It's a stock bug in the 1.2.X versions. It's just more noticeable in SpaceY, because of the disk end-caps for the tanks. I've been tempted to remove those, but I don't know how much people are attached to them for some rocket builds.

And I think it only shows up on parts where you're using auto-strut?  Is it made worse if I auto-strut a SpaceY or FTP tank?

On 1/5/2017 at 6:07 PM, WuphonsReach said:

And I think it only shows up on parts where you're using auto-strut?  Is it made worse if I auto-strut a SpaceY or FTP tank?

On 1/6/2017 at 10:37 AM, Vahal said:

Well, if autostrut is a by default option, perhaps, cause I don't use it (or I didn't know I used it ^^' ).

I don't think the auto-strutting is involved, at least not directly. It's possible that there's some funky code interaction with that internally in KSP, but I don't have a view into that of course. For now the easiest thing to do, is to use the right-click menu and turn off the shrouds on each tank in the VAB.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.