Kerbal space... Oort cloud?

I've been thinking about the Oort cloud lately. It's a fascinating structure, really. Holding more asteroids than we can count, as well as Sol's daughter.

Almost went off into a poem up there. Jeez. Anyway, yes, and Oort cloud. First off, I would completely understand this being rejected on first sight, as it would require stepping past the outermost reaches of the Kerbol system, and would be pure evil to create in programming. However, if you one day decide to create it, that would be absolutely stellar.

Here's what I'm thinking: At the outer reaches of the sun, there lies a mysterious cloud shrouded in mystery. What could it be? The Oort cloud, of course! It's millions and billions of asteroids and particles of space dust! Surely there's plenty of science here, right? Anyway, what's that thing extending out tangential to Eeloo's aphelion? Looks to me like a brown dwarf star. ...Oh silly me, it couldn't possibly... wait... could it? Could it be? Kerbol's daughter star?

Amazing! This opens up another field of science we haven't even touched on yet! Of course, this raises a question... How do we get there?

Looks over to an SRB... Eureka!

As I said, I completely understand if this is completely out of the realm of possibility. I just wanted this to be here before I saw any others (I can't help but think that sounds really jerkish, but I have no idea why).

Kerbal being Kerbal I dont think it would be that bad to include an Oort cloud much closer than in reality. Just a significant but not extreme distance past the final planet (assuming more than what we have might be implemented, we should have a Planet X) and make it the only source of F or G class asteroids or something. By then you should have all the science you could want but who cares, add more! Plus whatever resources end up being. I think this can be done, just scaled down like everything else in Kerbal is.

Kerbal being Kerbal I dont think it would be that bad to include an Oort cloud much closer than in reality. Just a significant but not extreme distance past the final planet (assuming more than what we have might be implemented, we should have a Planet X) and make it the only source of F or G class asteroids or something. By then you should have all the science you could want but who cares, add more! Plus whatever resources end up being. I think this can be done, just scaled down like everything else in Kerbal is.

Well, the Kerbol sphere or influence ends not too far out from Eeloo. It'd make sense for it to go there.

This isn't a bad idea, however, this sort of suggestion has been made so many times that additional celestial objects has been placed on our list of things not to suggest again because they've been discussed to death for the moment. Squad may add other objects later, but they're concentrating on different aspects of the game right now. So for the moment, this thread will be closed.