The Official HypeTrain 0.90 Voyage Thread (Experimentals! Choo Choo Dangit!)

Whirligig Girl

Seems like an erroneous upload. Some new features, some things absent, some things buggy. It's not the real final .90 that's for sure.

Incidentally, one .90 feature that's not been talked about much but I spotted it on the streams. Info screens in various places that tell the player what they do there. Experts will probably just skip over them, but for new players that should be a big help.

That Win64 update is very very odd. Either they made some sort of mistake OR....

Yep.

I really liked what I saw so far, but I switched back for now, I don't want to spoil my "user experience" :D

And yes these info screens are a nice addition.

I think it's either a troll or they pressed the wrong button, and then tried to cancel it why the release was in progress, and now some people have a partial/broken version.

Confirmed as a simple error (see Rowsdower's post below) These things happen.

Edited by Sandworm

Changed Depots

220204/manifests/win64: 5721069717608780462

branches/win64/buildid: 472618 › 403597

Changed changenumber – 813828 › 813864

Fixed.

Let's move on and continue the hype now ^^

Not a troll. Looks like a mistake. Or a stunt.

The second one :) The update's still not ready for prime time yet, so if you managed to grab that 64 bit build, congrats, I suppose. It's not representative of what we're going to release, since it was a test and still quite messy, so do us a favor and mop up before you go, since the error has since been fixed.

EDIT: Official word from HarvesteR: There was an issue that spawned from the way the x64 build was delivered. Wasn't a complete build, either.

Edited by Rowsdower

Seems like an erroneous upload. Some new features, some things absent, some things buggy. It's not the real final .90 that's for sure.

Incidentally, one .90 feature that's not been talked about much but I spotted it on the streams. Info screens in various places that tell the player what they do there. Experts will probably just skip over them, but for new players that should be a big help.

The tool tips do seem like a helpful addition for beginners. I always thought the game needed some more.

Confirmed as a simple error (see Rowsdower's post below) These things happen.

http://i.imgur.com/EagatB7l.png

http://i.imgur.com/bsw12Kml.png

Now we have the same message again, but highlighted in red, leak is plugged i guess. And by troll I meant by the devs by the way.

EDIT: Got ninjaed by like, 5 people?

Speaking of hype, this is now on SteamDB

gZcb7x0l.png

During the last update hype blitz I remember the admin of SteamDB growing rather frustrated with so many KSP customers effectively DOSing his server. Again, nobody handles/manages/emphasizes/teases/promotes/hypes updates like Squad.

http://i.imgur.com/gZcb7x0l.png

During the last update hype blitz I remember the admin of SteamDB growing rather frustrated with so many KSP customers effectively DOSing his server. Again, nobody handles/manages/emphasizes/teases/promotes/hypes updates like Squad.

DOSing? Sounds about right, at least a manual version of it... *continues mashing F5*

http://i.imgur.com/gZcb7x0l.png

I've spoken with them at the time of the 0.25 release, they're used to apps being checked very regularly around update times. All they ask is that you don't refresh the pages, as they auto-update.

During the last update cycle I remember laughing out loud as I watched SteamDB's admin plead for sanity, typed out "Speaking of the devil" in reference to KSP. In fact I think I still have a screenshot in my imgur.

http://imgur.com/Wakx06H

I guess, to get strait to the source, we could instead just keep our eyes on the KSP store. That should relieve some of the pressure on SteamDB. lol.

Edited by Sandworm

Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmykrakenohmygod

This update looks amazing. KXP will add whole new levels of gameplay, Mk3 parts are fantastic, the new contracts will be wonderful, and the buildings will be [insert good adjective here].

One thing I'm SLIGHTLY disappointed about is the style of the buildings, though. The old ones were so incredibly detailed and shiny but these just look gloomy for some reason... Don't get me wrong, I know that the art team has been working really hard, I just hope that the models will be improved at some point.

Also, did anyone notice that BUILDINGS HAVE A SELF-DESTRUCT DEMOLISH BUTTON NOW!?