[1.10.x] Mark IV Spaceplane System (August 3)

Nertea

17 hours ago, antilochus said:

I was missing a few parts in my career save (even a fresh one) and it seems like the CTT patch for the propfan, turboprop, and HVR3 liftfan reference a tech that isn't in CTT.

If someone is in a career/science save could you take a look and see if you have these parts?

@PART[mk4turboprop-125-1]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = highEfficiencyFlight
}

I have just checked that. I am playing carreer, and you are correct. These parts are not present and neither is that tech node. There is a tech node called 'Efficient Flight Systems', but that one is empty. I suppose one could edit the tech prerequisite manually in the config file though, but yea, issue confirmed.

1 hour ago, ChainiaC said:

I have just checked that. I am playing carreer, and you are correct. These parts are not present and neither is that tech node. There is a tech node called 'Efficient Flight Systems', but that one is empty. I suppose one could edit the tech prerequisite manually in the config file though, but yea, issue confirmed.

Cool, flagged as an issue on github.

10 hours ago, antilochus said:

Cool, flagged as an issue on github.

Awesome, thanks!

I have used find and replace and changed HighEfficiencyFlight into efficientFlightSystems in the CTT patch file and sure enough that worked. So that is a good workaround until it is fixed. 

16 minutes ago, Pos3idon said:

Stupid question.... When i have downloaded the mod in which folder should i put it in? :wacko:

Welcome to the forums!

That is not a stupid question! :) The rule of thumb with downloading mods is to put them in the Game Data folder. (If you have no other mods installed yet, then this folder will just have one other folder inside it, called "Squad"). Make sure, however, not to have "nesting" Game Data folders. That is, if a mod comes inside a folder called "Game Data", then you put the contents of that folder (not the folder itself) in your Game Data folder. Your Game Data folder should never contain a Game Data folder.

I'm going from memory here, but I believe in the case of the Mark IV pack, you should copy the B9PartSwitch, CommunityResourcePack, DeployableEngines, Firespitter, MarkIVSystem, NearFutureProps, and ModuleManager into your Game Data folder. Make sense?

On 7/6/2016 at 8:39 PM, antilochus said:

I was missing a few parts in my career save (even a fresh one) and it seems like the CTT patch for the propfan, turboprop, and HVR3 liftfan reference a tech that isn't in CTT.

If someone is in a career/science save could you take a look and see if you have these parts?

@PART[mk4turboprop-125-1]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree]
{
    @TechRequired = highEfficiencyFlight
}

Sure I'll make sure that's fixed when I get time to do a deployment. 

On 7/6/2016 at 1:41 PM, String Witch said:

Ohh, ducted fans. Wonderful! You might wanna include a picture of them in the OP though. I've been looking for oxygenless atmospheric engines and it's easy to miss out on this mod if one is glossing over threads looking for something like that. The turboprops are great too; the way their fins change angle depending on the throttle is a nice touch. They look and perform a lot more like space-age tech than any other props I've seen or used.

I've got a minor visual bug to report though (first post in this page of the thread suggests that you know already but I guess it can't hurt to say): While in airbreathing mode, the HVR-THREE fans stop spinning on a moving craft after they've spooled up to max. At least I think that's the condition under which they stop.

Also, where did the 2.5m fuselages go?

They just got added, it's some work to make some nice renders and put them up there. Thanks for the bug report.

The fuselages are still there as far as I can tell. 

On 08/07/2016 at 6:18 PM, Nertea said:

They just got added, it's some work to make some nice renders and put them up there. Thanks for the bug report.

The fuselages are still there as far as I can tell. 

Ah fair enough. I thought it would be really easy to do (and equally easy to forget).

Right, my bad. I usually delete parts from mods that I don't use (I can't even get a Mk III into space, let alone Mk IV) to keep the editor's part list clearer. Turns out they're in the nacelle folder rather than fuselage.

Edited by Guest

Mark IV Version 2.2.1

• Fixed fuel capacity for basic Mk4 fuselages
  • Fixed CTT patch assigning some parts to nonexistant nodes
  • Fixed an issue where multiple blade rotators would conflict on lift fans

there seems too be a problem with the mk-iv cargo bays, the deploy limit works... oddly. like, compared too the stock mk3 cargobay, at deploy limit 0, pressing open does nothing, where as with the mk-iv cargobay, pressing close does nothing; it is always open, and basically stays open , and does not animate, but is always in a open position. also, the mk3 cargobays have partial animation, where you can set its open and deploy limit, so pressing the open button can make it go from 80 percent open too 60 percent open, but the mk-iv cargo bays dont have that, so there is also another thing. i am just letting you know :) 

58 minutes ago, OnkelUhu said:

hi nertea,

waiting long for the update to ksp 1.1.3 but one small issue.

It is not avaiable over ckan. the version 2.2.1 is linked to ksp version 1.0.5

possible to fix that? 

regards uhu

CKAN takes a day or so to update. Give it a few days and then if there's a problem let one of the CKAN guys know, they're very friendly. Nertea doesn't deal with CKAN issues anyway.

12 minutes ago, OnkelUhu said:

hi nertea,

waiting long for the update to ksp 1.1.3 but one small issue.

It is not avaiable over ckan. the version 2.2.1 is linked to ksp version 1.0.5

possible to fix that? 

regards uhu

The NetKAN metadata was frozen because it was pulling from (now dead) Kerbalstuff.  It needs to be updated to pull from spacedock and re-enabled.

Questions - and apologies if these have been covered somewhere; I've been reading the thread but with so much over so many years it's easy to miss something.

1. When using the 'Filter By Resource" feature, there are two Intake-related categories.  IntakeAir includes all the Mk4 atmospheric parts (intake parts, nacelles/precoolers, propellers, lift fans), and IntakeAtm which only includes lift fans.  Is IntakeAtm a special resource just for the lift fans?

2. Nearly all the parts have a listed manufacturer (K.V Roe) but K.V Roe doesn't appear in the 'Filter By Manufacturer' tab. Also (really minor) in the flavor text "K.V. Roe" is used consistently, but the listed manufacturer is always "K.V Roe" without the second period.

3. Five parts (the intake, OMS, and aero shoulders, and the two nosecones) have manufacturer "Found lying by the side of the road" along with the bottom-of-the-tech-tree stock parts.  Is that on purpose, or maybe just the default value if the modder doesn't stick in a mfg value?

4. For that matter, some other mods (for example SpaceY) install their own custom tab to filter by parts pack - Mk4 doesn't, which is why I was playing around in the filter tabs in the first place.  Any interest in that as a feature? It's awfully convenient.

5. Typos in flavor text: docking nosecone should say "harbours" instead of 'harbour." All three lift fans say "...latter results is a slightly lower thrust," should be "results in." Mk4 Crew Cabin says "pod is hollow - we'll lots of room to store..." Not sure what is meant there.

6. Filter by cross-sectional profile -> Mk4 and a WIP 'Mk4 Inline Cargo Lift' appears.  However, the Mk4 Crew Cabin does not (I THINK it's the only one that doesn't)

Thanks!

Edited by fourfa

Love this mod, Thanks for sharing @Nertea

I've been having problems with the Mk2A X800 Aviation Fuel Tank falling off part's it's connected to when physics loads.

Spoiler

87ELYnG.jpg?1

Not signed in

Not signed in

Since it's basically a Jumbo-64 and the Jumbo-64 does not fall off I compared the cfg's and noticed the Mk2A X800 Aviation Fuel Tank did not have breakingForce or breakingTorque.  I added the values from the Jumbo-64 to mk4fueltank-25-1.cfg (the cfg file for the Mk2A X800 Aviation Fuel Tank) and they don't fall off.

Spoiler

E3DsnYB.jpg?1

Not signed in

Edited by smurphy34

4 hours ago, fourfa said:

Questions - and apologies if these have been covered somewhere; I've been reading the thread but with so much over so many years it's easy to miss something.

1. When using the 'Filter By Resource" feature, there are two Intake-related categories.  IntakeAir includes all the Mk4 atmospheric parts (intake parts, nacelles/precoolers, propellers, lift fans), and IntakeAtm which only includes lift fans.  Is IntakeAtm a special resource just for the lift fans?

I can help with this one. IntakeAir is used by parts that require oxygen, like jet engines (which use it for combustion) and intakes (which provide it to engines). IntakeAtm is used by parts that just require some sort of atmosphere, but not necessarily oxygen. In this case, the lift fans don't need oxygen (they are electric) but without an atmosphere they can't provide any thrust. Basically, this allows the lift fans to operate on bodies like Eve.

On 7/23/2016 at 2:15 PM, smurphy34 said:

Love this mod, Thanks for sharing @Nertea

I've been having problems with the Mk2A X800 Aviation Fuel Tank falling off part's it's connected to when physics loads.

Reveal hidden contents

87ELYnG.jpg?1

Not signed in

Not signed in

Since it's basically a Jumbo-64 and the Jumbo-64 does not fall off I compared the cfg's and noticed the Mk2A X800 Aviation Fuel Tank did not have breakingForce or breakingTorque.  I added the values from the Jumbo-64 to mk4fueltank-25-1.cfg (the cfg file for the Mk2A X800 Aviation Fuel Tank) and they don't fall off.

Reveal hidden contents

E3DsnYB.jpg?1

Not signed in

Good catch, I'll fix this for the next version.

On 7/23/2016 at 0:03 PM, fourfa said:

2. Nearly all the parts have a listed manufacturer (K.V Roe) but K.V Roe doesn't appear in the 'Filter By Manufacturer' tab. Also (really minor) in the flavor text "K.V. Roe" is used consistently, but the listed manufacturer is always "K.V Roe" without the second period.

Adding a manufacturer as a filter category needs work to add an Agency properly. Not really interested in doing this at the moment, plus, I heard some time back that there was some sort of crazy bug that if you added a new agency and it was part of an active contract, then you removed the mod providing it, it would nuke your save. That'd be awkward, so I guess I have to find out whether that's still a problem..

3. Five parts (the intake, OMS, and aero shoulders, and the two nosecones) have manufacturer "Found lying by the side of the road" along with the bottom-of-the-tech-tree stock parts.  Is that on purpose, or maybe just the default value if the modder doesn't stick in a mfg value?

Lots of cfg work goes into these and sometimes we miss these things. Particularly if we use a stock part as a template.

4. For that matter, some other mods (for example SpaceY) install their own custom tab to filter by parts pack - Mk4 doesn't, which is why I was playing around in the filter tabs in the first place.  Any interest in that as a feature? It's awfully convenient.

Probably falls in a "maybe if I have time" thing. Would have to investigate how it works and figure out how its done.

6. Filter by cross-sectional profile -> Mk4 and a WIP 'Mk4 Inline Cargo Lift' appears.  However, the Mk4 Crew Cabin does not (I THINK it's the only one that doesn't)

That's probably the biggest bug in here. I'll address that. 

But you should get a gold star for probably the most... precise set of comments I've ever got :P

Not the first time I've been called "... precise" haha!  Definitely none of them are a big deal, just figured I might as well point 'em out

re the custom category... Looking at SpaceY's install (as an example that seems to work well): looks like all of it is contained in a top-level Category folder, mainly holding a Category.cfg and CustomCategory.cfg (and some custom decals).  I'm no coder, and I have to start from zero each time trying to decode cfg files.  But to my eyes it looks pretty simple, if a tiny bit tedious to work out.  I'd be happy to contribute if it would help

Edited by fourfa