Realism Overhaul Staging Issue

I have the same problem: for example launch clamps don't detach and I need press space bar once for each clamp; or procadural farinings don't jettison and they do normally on stock.

KSP uses a so stupid engine (unity) that I regret my money spent on this not-yet-alfa game. At least they could use some GPGPU implementation of physics: actually I have problem with ships bigger than 500 parts :-\

:mad:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object  at KerbalJointReinforcement.KerbalJointReinforcement.UpdatePartJoint (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalJointReinforcement.KerbalJointReinforcement.RunVesselJointUpdateFunction (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalJointReinforcement.KerbalJointReinforcement.OnVesselWasModified (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.Initialize (Boolean fromShipAssembly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.decouple (Single breakForce) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.Die () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartBuoyancy.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I have the same problem: for example launch clamps don't detach and I need press space bar once for each clamp; or procadural farinings don't jettison and they do normally on stock.

KSP uses a so stupid engine (unity) that I regret my money spent on this not-yet-alfa game. At least they could use some GPGPU implementation of physics: actually I have problem with ships bigger than 500 parts :-\

:mad:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object  at KerbalJointReinforcement.KerbalJointReinforcement.UpdatePartJoint (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalJointReinforcement.KerbalJointReinforcement.RunVesselJointUpdateFunction (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalJointReinforcement.KerbalJointReinforcement.OnVesselWasModified (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.Initialize (Boolean fromShipAssembly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.decouple (Single breakForce) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.Die () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartBuoyancy.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Ahh! Exactly the same problem.... KJR problem too.

So we know that this line of code is always related.

I have to say, thank you guys for working together to try and figure this out. If more people did this with the really hard to track down bugs, I think more of this kind of stuff would get figured out (and maybe fixed) faster.

Please, keep up the good work! :D

Cheers,

-Claw

I have to say, thank you guys for working together to try and figure this out. If more people did this with the really hard to track down bugs, I think more of this kind of stuff would get figured out (and maybe fixed) faster.

Please, keep up the good work! :D

Cheers,

-Claw

Good! I'll do some more testing with KJR and this bug tonight, but this week's going to be hectic D:

If you are using my stock bugfix modules, click here for the current version. I fixed my modules for compatibility with other mods.

The problem is more rooted in the libraries in use by many mods. My mod was causing KJR and Kerbquake to trigger one of these deeper bugs. So give my stock bugfix modules a fresh download and see if that helps out.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/97285-0-25-Stock-Bug-Fix-Modules-%28Release-v0-1-5c-10-Dec-14%29

Hopefully that'll sort it all out.

Cheers,

~Claw

If you are using my stock bugfix modules, click here for the current version. I fixed my modules for compatibility with other mods.

The problem is more rooted in the libraries in use by many mods. My mod was causing KJR and Kerbquake to trigger one of these deeper bugs. So give my stock bugfix modules a fresh download and see if that helps out.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/97285-0-25-Stock-Bug-Fix-Modules-%28Release-v0-1-5c-10-Dec-14%29

Hopefully that'll sort it all out.

Cheers,

~Claw

Hm... Still getting the bug... I didn't use stock bugfix when I got this bug, and it still seems like it's coming from KJR:

This is actually gamebreaking... Argggg!!! (but still thank you for fixing your part :D )

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at KerbalJointReinforcement.KerbalJointReinforcement.UpdatePartJoint (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

• 2 weeks later...
Bug reports without reproduction steps are like going to the mechanic with a car and saying, "it's broken!" and then walking away. Please provide them or your reports will be ignored as utterly useless.

Here you go:

I have some pics of the issue, this is what you're referring to, right?

http://imgur.com/a/KLuvv

Yes, it is Thunderbird 3

And, as I mentioned, this does not reproduce the issue. I gather that from this, a Mk1 pod, a decoupler, and an SRB should run into the bug for you, yes? Does it? If no, then you are leaving out steps. Those steps are important.

Does that come with a list of required mods? Because it's certainly not stock, and I can't load it.

In any case, unless there's something special about that ship, I still can't reproduce the issue. 2, 6, 20 decouplers, they all fire at the same time.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I think I can add some information into this issue. I have been working on a mod in a clean install, no mods added. The bug appears to be in the kerbal API related to the staging. The error message: "[Error]: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at Staging.ActivateNextStage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0" is thrown by the call "Staging.ActivateNextStage();". I tried alternative ways to trigger a stage using: "FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.ActionGroups.ToggleGroup(KSPActionGroup.Stage);" and "FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.ActionGroups.SetGroup(KSPActionGroup.Stage, true);" which did not throw errors but also did not trigger a stage. The same calls to the lights and landinggear KSPActionGroups successfully toggled the lights and the landing gear. 
Also, deconstructing the parts to stage ownership:

Debug.Log("Current stage:" + FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.currentStage);

foreach (Part part in FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.parts)

{

Debug.Log("PartName: " + part.partInfo.title + " - Stage: " + part.inverseStage.ToString());
}

When called on the stock ship "Kerbal 1", the current stage at the start of flight is 7, and the nose-cones of the solid boosters belong to stage 6. However, the stage sequence only lists stage 5 to 0 on the GUI.

I have done my build and run in KSP v1.1.2.1260 in both x86 and 64bit.

I tried using the Stock Bug Fix Modules:

It was unable to resolve this bug. To the awesome devs at Squad, I hope this information helps.

Cheers,

InsulinShock

Edited by InsulinShock
Added version number of KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.